[21-11-2005] New Frontiers zone unstable on the cluster

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

no, that was down to the 50p cpu fan that GOA had on the server stopping and the CPU overheating and causing data corruption.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Killder
Emerald Rider

Post by Killder »

Requiel wrote:The problem wasn't due to a server fault or hardware issue. It *appears* that someone was attempting to dupe items. He failed, but everytime he tried the zone crashed as he flooded it with invalid data. It's been sorted.
Names please? :)

Frozodo
Emerald Rider

Post by Frozodo »

Killder wrote:Names please? :)
they got u this time m8 u r d00med :P
HIB/Pryd:
Luinnerian
Minimeee
ShadowVenom
Frozodo

HIB/Excalibur

BBshoomer
ShadowVenom
Frozodo
MightyMiniMoose

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Requiel wrote:The problem wasn't due to a server fault or hardware issue. It *appears* that someone was attempting to dupe items. He failed, but everytime he tried the zone crashed as he flooded it with invalid data. It's been sorted.
We had something similar to this happen in a game I played a few years back. Three days of the whole game crashing every 20 or 30 minutes due to someone attacking the system to duplicate their gold and items. We all gave up and just logged on to chat between crashes. Then they managed to block the attacks and permanently remove the accounts involved. Merciful peace returned and there were heartfelt cheers from the whole community.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Gandelf wrote:Did I read somewhere that players trying to duplicate items was partly to blame (or even totally to blame) for the big Prydwen server shutdown a few months ago when loads of people had their characters stripped?

Think it's time for me to draw a new smiley of a hamster on its wheel!
nope that time is was the hamster and it fell off the wheel - if you can draw an image of a hamster getting tangled up in his wheel we can use it as the GOA server. :)

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Kallima wrote:We had something similar to this happen in a game I played a few years back. Three days of the whole game crashing every 20 or 30 minutes due to someone attacking the system to duplicate their gold and items. We all gave up and just logged on to chat between crashes. Then they managed to block the attacks and permanently remove the accounts involved. Merciful peace returned and there were heartfelt cheers from the whole community.
and lots of cake :)

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Gandelf wrote:Did I read somewhere that players trying to duplicate items was partly to blame (or even totally to blame) for the big Prydwen server shutdown a few months ago when loads of people had their characters stripped?

Think it's time for me to draw a new smiley of a hamster on its wheel!
That was my conspiracy theory. Probably not exclusively though :)
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Killder wrote:Names please? :)
Anyone for a stoning?
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Cromcruaich wrote:Anyone for a stoning?
hey hey enough of that

we burn people on this forum we dont stone them..
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

we also do crucfixion - now where is that geezer who said he was jesus?

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”