DAOC Status

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Requiel

Post by Requiel »

That's the idea. The publicity wave will break at around the time of the Catacombs release for maximum effect. At that time you'll see a lot of advertising in many different formats - TV and cinema ads, magazines, flyers, banner ads on websites etc. Remember that most printed media has a lead time of about 3 months so the work that we were doing at Christmas is only now starting to come to fruition.

Gamblor
Emerald Rider

Post by Gamblor »

Well i got myself Wow, i'm giving it a bash , but i am keeping my main account open for now. i will give catacombs a good shot ( giv banshee imo). I'm not going get into which one is better or worse, but on of the biggest problems for me is lagg, from what iv'e noticed playing different on line games is that Daoc is extremly lagg intollerent. Some games i can play but while with the same conditions daoc will ld every 15 mins or so.

anyways. I'm looking forward to it, and i can honestly say that if "Toast" is going to be any of the adds then expect at least 1 irish guy to be thrown out of the cinema for LoL'ing ;P
Gamblor Evilneonhammer Lvl 49 Champ :gamblor:
Samos Lvl 50 Animist
Noobynoodle Lvl 50 Warden
Garibaldi Lvl 47 Vamp
Ickleluwibomb Lvl 39 Chanter
Gambino lvl 39 Dr00d D00d

Mid/Glas

Gamblor Lvl 2x Savage
Yamis Lvl x Spirit Master
FinalFlash lvl 4x Warlock
Chereck Shadowblade
Gambet Hunter

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

awarkle wrote:Its not that pryd peeps are all scum or anything but every time i logged on less and less people i knew were online and yes i do miss people but from since i started playing noone is left.

WTF!!! I'm still here awarkle! <slap>

/Ankh

Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Awark don't leave! :(
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Requiel wrote:That's the idea. The publicity wave will break at around the time of the Catacombs release for maximum effect. At that time you'll see a lot of advertising in many different formats - TV and cinema ads, magazines, flyers, banner ads on websites etc. Remember that most printed media has a lead time of about 3 months so the work that we were doing at Christmas is only now starting to come to fruition.
A non-sceptic 'we'll see' is in place here ;p
finland:
holland:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i just cant believe that freddys house is being more optomistic than we are :cheeky:

come on peeps - catacombs is gonna rule :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

its not that im not being optimistic ive enjoyed daoc and i was looking forward to catacombs.

But from running ml raids on excal and only have 2 out of the 6 ive run go without a hitch and when ive required help had none available IE ld deaths, mass link deads etc thats my only bone the reason why its gone from fun to lame in about 6 months.

Ill beleive it when i see things catacombs might be fun but at the moment the game is being ruined by crap lag/lds etc etc.

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

I really hope catacombs can drag people back again, miss the old times when there were lots of people online. Crossed fingers, hope GoA can make a good job marketing :)
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

awarkle wrote:But from running ml raids on excal and only have 2 out of the 6 ive run go without a hitch and when ive required help had none available IE ld deaths, mass link deads etc thats my only bone the reason why its gone from fun to lame in about 6 months..
run em on hib insted then :)

but er...plan way ahead ;)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

all my ml raids were planned at least a week in advance and have been posted on the mid excal section of freddys house, ive had good turn out the only problems ive had was the large link deaths ie from a 80 man bg loosing around 50 people a pop.

Its not as if i do these as a spare of the moment i have planned them.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”