Infos on Patch

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

i had 45 mb :p must be because i patched to us version some time ago
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Overdue

Post by Overdue »

Note:
The scale of the changes introduced in the new versions lead us to the conclusion that this patch process is going to be longer than usual.
Nothing unusual about longer than usual. Who are they comparing themselves to?
Devera the 10th Season Thunderer Blademaster
Gori the 8th Season Silver Hand Bard
Deify the 9th Season Flammen Vakten Spiritmaster

Retired

Sleezer
Emerald Rider

Post by Sleezer »

[5-10-2005] Last adjustments

A stability issue that was detected during the final checks is currently being corrected but this will slightly delay the reopening of the servers. The restart is now planned for this evening. Thank you for your patience.

That's it. We're doomed.
d000m!
:mojo:
Hib/PRY
- Kairen: 50 Bard RR4Lx
- Sleezer: 50 Nightshade RR6Lx ML6
- Buffbotteke: 46 Druid BB ML5
- Theodoor: 50 BM RR3Lx ML3

Mid/EXC

- Blinid: 50 Runemaster ML3 RR3Lx
- Congax: 50 Epic Hunter RR3Lx
- Asgorad: 50 Thane RR5Lx ML8
- Resue: 50 Pac healer RR4Lx ML3

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

I knew i should have written my items down! <runs of and starts to panic>
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Heh, as a serious gaming company, they could have a patch test server, make a copy of prydwen there, patch it to 1.78 and see if it works, before patching live servers. There is always a possibility something goes wrong on a specific server, but if all servers are still down, they simply werent prepared enough.
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

HappyG wrote:Heh, as a serious gaming company, they could have a patch test server, make a copy of prydwen there, patch it to 1.78 and see if it works, before patching live servers. There is always a possibility something goes wrong on a specific server, but if all servers are still down, they simply werent prepared enough.
Yes they could do that but would always be a chance it goes wrong on a live system while the mock test was fine. Cant be 100% fail prove
finland:
holland:

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

HappyG wrote:Heh, as a serious gaming company, they could have a patch test server, make a copy of prydwen there, patch it to 1.78 and see if it works, before patching live servers. There is always a possibility something goes wrong on a specific server, but if all servers are still down, they simply werent prepared enough.
Funnily enough that's what we do. There is a stability problem with one of the servers. Until we can find what's causing it and whether the same fault is present on all servers we aren't going to open them. Currently we have several conference calls and IM conversations going on between our tech teams and Mythic trying to find out what the cause is. It's not a problem that will affect any data, it's 'just' a problem that causes a server to constantly crash.

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Requiel wrote:Funnily enough that's what we do. There is a stability problem with one of the servers. Until we can find what's causing it and whether the same fault is present on all servers we aren't going to open them. Currently we have several conference calls and IM conversations going on between our tech teams and Mythic trying to find out what the cause is. It's not a problem that will affect any data, it's 'just' a problem that causes a server to constantly crash.
Uhm let me guess .... it's Prydwen!!!!
Out of jokes if all other servers patched well i would sniff an hardware problem, since u implemented new servers (or so Erivoss wrote on fh).
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Radu
Emerald Rider

Post by Radu »

Requiel wrote:Funnily enough that's what we do. There is a stability problem with one of the servers. Until we can find what's causing it and whether the same fault is present on all servers we aren't going to open them. Currently we have several conference calls and IM conversations going on between our tech teams and Mythic trying to find out what the cause is. It's not a problem that will affect any data, it's 'just' a problem that causes a server to constantly crash.
gah, the worst type problem, everything is same but you have 1 exception.. GL.
Togusa the Mentalist

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gahn wrote:Uhm let me guess .... it's Prydwen!!!!
Out of jokes if all other servers patched well i would sniff an hardware problem, since u implemented new servers (or so Erivoss wrote on fh).
Naa if it was prydwen all the other servers would be up ;)
finland:
holland:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”