warden or bard in rvr?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
zlopke
Emerald Rider

Post by zlopke »

Maeloch wrote:Well not like grps don't need both. If you thinking about a bard, remember ur expected to drive and lead the grp for the night, with all the hassle and decision making...not everone has the stomach for that. On the plus side you can always make an easy skrimish grp with a damage dealer or two as a bard, so no reason to be stood about ligen lfg.

got enough experience as a bard, although it has been a while :)

I've decided to stick with my bard, so if you're in need of one don't hesitate to msg Zlopje ingame :)
zlopje bard, dead
zlopke warden, alive

Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

Dorin wrote:warden if you can be arsed to babysit a caster most of the in a grp. Grapple and bg will be the mostly used tool of yours with the odd heal + rezz + buffing stuff.... very rarely you happen to spam some battlemaster styles :p
err i disagree, the ml9+10/ml3/ml5 styles ALL > grapple...sure you can stop a tank from doing anything, but it takes you out of the fight for 12sec aswell..and like i said before, bm styles are seriously underrated o.O

edit: but ofc, who am i to say that with just a rr4 ...
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Blight
Emerald Rider

Post by Blight »

Power leak on healers is very underrated too, but the thing is that grapple is so important as you can effectively keep the hardest melee hitter in the enemy group out of the whole fight. Of course you won't be doing much else then, but keeping an ma out of the fight is well worth it. In short, wardens have a lot to do, and they just don't have time to do it all. Anyways, the sure way for a warden to get aggro so to speak, is to grapple, grapple, grapple and then grapple some more. Nothing is more annoying for the enemy group.
Blight eld ml 10
Blaeght mana eld ml 10
Mrbond shade ml 10
Maryan ment lgm tailor ml 2 (house 3259)
Laraev hero ml 5
Nina chanter ml 10
Lukkoye bard ml 8
Shroomss animist
Lokan bm ml 10
Buffysvamp bb and legendary armorer
http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s.php?u=Leetl

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

zlopke wrote:got enough experience as a bard, although it has been a while :)
Doh, yeah, not reading sigs..
Mael, 50th ment.

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Argyleyn wrote:You must be very perceptive and trigger happy as a bard, it's a very demanding class and your group depends a lot on you.
Are you serious? sos+plant instamez look at my skills.

Orororoor OH NO I GOT MEZZED *clicks purge 3* *slams in moc and starts spamming mez*.

Very hard class to play indeed :D

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Jupiler wrote:err i disagree, the ml9+10/ml3/ml5 styles ALL > grapple...sure you can stop a tank from doing anything, but it takes you out of the fight for 12sec aswell..and like i said before, bm styles are seriously underrated o.O

edit: but ofc, who am i to say that with just a rr4 ...
When we play 2 grapplers in grp it is better to just grapple a savage+zerk/zerk+zerk/merc+merc than to spam powerleak.

Seanpaul
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanpaul »

Lothandar wrote:Are you serious? sos+plant instamez look at my skills.

Orororoor OH NO I GOT MEZZED *clicks purge 3* *slams in moc and starts spamming mez*.

Very hard class to play indeed :D
hehe, shush dont tell everyone the truth :(

problem is, when all those RA's are down you have to use skill :(
So open your mouth and stick to your guns. You've gotta realise that she's indifferent. Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh what your name? just wont learn, here we go again.

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

I'd want a warden even without ML8. The warden is the only healer really able to withstand the fight going a bit wonky at the start (barring certain RAs). On top of which, TWF can really dent the effectiveness of a a tank assist train.

I've never played a warden but I found my bard the hardest char I've tried. Being almost completely helpess in RvR is very hard to get your head around.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”