Dragon Respec stones, Goa's Responce

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Requiel wrote:Why would I lie? As I already said, if they were a guaranteed drop, I would have restored them. As it was I checked the drop table - which is something that no player or most US CSRs can do - to verify the information before I answered the RightNow query.

I don't think you're lying Requiel but I do think your answers in RightNow! were overly harsh. The patch notes say will, not may and therefore Sugah is entitled to think it is a 100% drop. Would it be so wrong on this occasion to say that in view of the patch notes you will award the stones and then make sure that the patch notes and any reference in the knowledge base is changed to reflect that there is a small chance the stones won't drop?

I presume that yourself and the CSRs have some scope for being flexible in responses depending upon the circumstances prevailing at the time? In this case the patch notes are misleading and Sugah should not be penalised because of this, in the same way that nightshades shouldn't be penalised if they mistakenly spec CS too high only to find that they can't use two chain styles based on Tornado because Tornado is not given to Nightshades (yes, I have a long memory).
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Requiel,

with the sincerest respect this is a customer care issue. If the game documentation creates an expectation that something will happen after an event and it doesn't then there is something wrong. It is a question of just how well you treat your customers. They got together organised a night to sit on a game with the expectation that something would happen and they were dissappointed. They equally asked you to help with the expectation that something would happen and yet again they are dissappointed.

You have the power to help them realise their expectations and you choose not to do that. To remedy these situations you should a) grant the stones and apologise, or b) change the expectation by changing all the out of date info on the game and c) officially rename 'rightnow' to 'rightnever' that way we will have slightly lower expectations of the customer care we should expect.

:(
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

kash wrote:http://www.auqb99.dsl.pipex.com/dragon_drops.jpg

Am i seeing things or did just 1 respec stone drop? im sure is says luminescent exerpise stone on that list :O, someone stole em all imo lol
As I said before the stones drop as a stack of 25 but it's one item as far as the game is concerned. The drop info says 'a stone' but when you look in your inventory the item you have picked up is a stack of 25 stones. A smilar thing happens with Diamond seals, you pick up 'a Diamond Seal' but in actual fact, the item is a stack of two.

kash
Emerald Rider

Post by kash »

Requiel wrote:As I said before the stones drop as a stack of 25 but it's one item as far as the game is concerned. The drop info says 'a stone' but when you look in your inventory the item you have picked up is a stack of 25 stones. A smilar thing happens with Diamond seals, you pick up 'a Diamond Seal' but in actual fact, the item is a stack of two.
So if you look at that screen shot the stones dropped...so who stole em?

I guess the RA respecs and Full respecs drop as different items so the RA stones didnt drop but look at this screen shot and the full respecs did drop.

http://www.auqb99.dsl.pipex.com/dragon_drops.jpg
Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Kashy RR6L8 ML10 Banelord BM
Kashy RR5L6 ML0 Enchanter
Blackland Skirmishers
Marlix RR5 ML5 Perfector Druid Buffbot

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

this is about the RA stones not dropping not the exerpise ones... :noone:
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

kash
Emerald Rider

Post by kash »

So much fuss over RA respec stones :ba:
Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Kashy RR6L8 ML10 Banelord BM
Kashy RR5L6 ML0 Enchanter
Blackland Skirmishers
Marlix RR5 ML5 Perfector Druid Buffbot

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

i think tbh its the point behind it - what if it had been the exerpise 0o
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Gayo
Emerald Rider

Omg

Post by Gayo »

How the hell can ppl say that GOA is lying, noone but GOA has any idea about the drop rate for the dragon. So stop being such knowitall arses and accept the answer that GOA has given, give me 3 reasons why they would lie.

I asked a man in my local supermarket yesterday, and he says its not a sure drop, so must be true. Jeeeez :lamer:

You all sound like children who have had their candy stolen or something.....

Just my oppinion ofc.... ;)
Hib/Pryd
Golden Age

50 Gayo Antoksi Hero RR6L1 LGM AC
50 Lothlan TheBrave Enchanter RR4L5
48 Edywin SkalVaereVildere Nightshade RR1L6

Mid/Exc
Golden Age

42 Gayo MilitantTroldEn Berserker RR1L8 Soon LGM AC

Camlann
Vi er Flest - Muggen Røv

48 Stakes WontKillMe Vampiir RR2L6 LGM AC
42 Vandalmanden LaverRavage Animist RR1L6

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

I think Requiel is lying, the drop is 100%. He's going to create the stones for himself, and sell them off, funding his plan for world domination! x<
~

nibs
Emerald Rider

Post by nibs »

yet again i point you all back to:

[url]http://support.darkageofcamelot.com...icle.php?id=750[/url]

i'd hope mythic know more about the game than GOA... although... nah, lets not go there :>
Mid/Ava
Gwarp, 42, Savage, LGM AC
Grumblebum, 50, Spiritmaster, ML3
Nibkyrie, 48, Valk, 9xx Alch
Nibmedic, 50, Healer, ML9
Stumblebum, 50, Warrior, ML10

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”