[Official] Clustering thread on FH

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

shortly after 1.75 they said on the news.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Cuchuluhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Cuchuluhain »

Cluster RVR, cluster housing, cluster pve, but DONT cluster TOA.

oh and we need some recompense for being crippled ! we already could only play 2 realms in english, no co op, nothing nice, unlike the germans and the french and the italians. On top of that WE had to wait for the patches to be translated into the other languages.

Basically, we're paying the same amount for a LESSER service, and now we're down to basically 1 realm choice and less opportunities and we still have to wait for patches.

Goa really needs to look into this, its unfair treatment and we should either not have to wait on translations (only fair), pay a lesser fee per month, or the 2 english speaking servers should be moved en masse across to the USA and merged into a cluster there.

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Gear wrote:Hello from Hib exca. Most of the people I know don't really play on pryd at all, so we don't know what to expect. The reasons however we felt (I voted yes on clustering) that clustering had to take place, was because of the droping population in rvr. I read here that most hibs are not hardcore rvr like we are in exca. That might indeed lead to an overwhelming situation regarding your perception of rvr.

I don't know how you rvr in pryd, however in exca, at least hibs and mids try to go out in opted groups (there are some nice albs ones too). Voice communication is a must, as rvr is/has become more of an fps experience with tremendous damage and really quick fights.

That's from the rvr side, and at least from my personal perspective. On the pve side, artis are permanently camped (the only time i managed to find danos up, and not camped for the gov i needed for my vamp, was before heading off to work at around 7:00 GMT). MLs on the other hand are quite easy as we manage to attract quite a few people (downside of that is afk-ers and LDs), but every mob is going down with ease.

I hope these information have helped you out a bit. We are going to get clustered, it's official, time will tell if it'll be for better or worse, from my side I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about it.

Looking forward meeting you

Very interesting post and I picked out a couple of things:
  • Permanently camped artis
  • Opted groups for RvR
Two things people were worried about here.

T--- Y-- S-
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Gear
Emerald Rider

Post by Gear »

Briannon wrote:Very interesting post and I picked out a couple of things:
  • Permanently camped artis
  • Opted groups for RvR
Two things people were worried about here.

T--- Y-- S-

Yeap, that's why I put them in, so at least you know what's coming.
Gear Silver Hand Ranger - Excalibur
Salonice Thunderer Vampiir - Excalibur
Faltsa Guilded Spear Bard - Excalibur
Gruid Thuderer Druid - Excalibur
Gaer Thunderer Nightshade - Excalibur
Manouli Raven Ardent Enchantress - Excalibur

Gear Silver Hand Druid - Lamorak - Inactive

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Cuchuluhain wrote: Basically, we're paying the same amount for a LESSER service, and now we're down to basically 1 realm choice and less opportunities and we still have to wait for patches.

Goa really needs to look into this, its unfair treatment and we should either not have to wait on translations (only fair), pay a lesser fee per month, or the 2 english speaking servers should be moved en masse across to the USA and merged into a cluster there.
I wonder if that is why they didn't want to cluster (assuming that that is why they asked so many times :) ).
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Guinnessrules
Emerald Rider

Post by Guinnessrules »

imo only NF was in need of clustering. NF is too big for our population tbh.
Not sure why the hell they want to cluster the rest too, toa on prydw will be totally zerged now. :(
NF would have been enough and the possibility to go to eachothers housing could have been nice. Really don't want the excals in our pve-zones.
NFD
Guinnessrules 50 champ RR4L1
Grules 50 anim RR3L9
Guinn 50 drood
Tamp 50 ranger RR3L9
Purppillz 50 vamp
Guinnster 43 shade
Guinnie 43 bard
Dragun still 41 chanter RR2L8
Painshee 25 Bainshee
Na Amadan
Tampico 48 drood GM
All active atm! (again) :D

AND PROUD FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ivory
Emerald Rider

House

Post by Ivory »

I am not registered on FH and cant be bothered to post on one post.

I would like to know what happens my house?? and if it is duplicated housing Zones... can some one see both house 3381 spring forest when they search the market explorer.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Ivory wrote:I am not registered on FH and cant be bothered to post on one post.

I would like to know what happens my house?? and if it is duplicated housing Zones... can some one see both house 3381 spring forest when they search the market explorer.
No, cos there will be 2 zones of everything.

/Ankh

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Well this is what i posted on FH for the record and to those that can't or won't read FH :-

I voted yes in the first poll but no in the second. I had some time to think about whether or not i want to play against my realm mates and i had already sampled some of that anyway with some of my friends from excal mid going to alb pryd and playing against them on hib pryd.

Sure it was fun at first but i soon got bored of it. I don't like the idea of being seen as an 'X-realmer' because i chose to go to pryd and get away from the very unique set of player based rules on excal that the players abide by particularly with artifacts and prices. I have friends on excal and pryd and I like to keep that option as seperate as possible because i am exercising my choice.

Most players on both servers have buffbots which in pve makes things infinately better for them and less inclined to group with other people. So for someone like me who does not have a buffbot (what that gimp doesn't have a bb? :O) it sees more people like me having to solo because of this situation. And in rvr i am so sick and tired of going LinkDead because of the numbers of people who have buffbots in the same place. I'd like something done about this so that everytime I release I will release to the least populated area where I stand less chance of going LD. Yes it's the old TOA problem i am getting where people would go LD because of the sheer volume of characters in one specific area at one time or that too many are releasing to the same area at the same time. Atm my solution to combat it is to release to my house to avoid going LD. It's a nuisance and it costs me needless money and is sort of a throw back to OF if you will, but it saves me having to reboot my computer because my internet connection is so clogged by lag traces of GOA server contact that it causes my comp to freeze, even though i have 1.5mb connection and am running an AMD xp 2800 - yes old comp now but still above game spec just :P

I disagree that people will be more inclined to group because of the player attitude on excalibur which in essence is "You must solo everything" and only likely to encourage more solo gaming. I am tired of soloing everything, it's boring. I have shades, ranger and an sb and they are what i see to be solo characters, I find them fun because i have the option to go solo if i choose. However my zerker and eldritch have been forced to solo when i specifically made those toons for grouping and the way this game has gone it's quite difficult to get groups now than even before when we had old frontiers and that was bad enough. I don't believe clustering will change anything for the better.

There's nothing I dislike more about this game having to wait hours and waste my subscription because of the grouping attitude on excal and how some of that attitude has crept over into hib pryd. In essence I don't see much changing at all save for more numbers.

I also don't like the way this particular patch limits my options. Sure i can play german servers and i have toons on PvP. But the fact of the matter is that i will be forced to go to those servers if i want a change of scenery and do something else because of the downtime that will be forced upon me.

But that's just my ten pennies on it......

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Guinnessrules wrote:imo only NF was in need of clustering. NF is too big for our population tbh.
Not sure why the hell they want to cluster the rest too, toa on prydw will be totally zerged now. :(
NF would have been enough and the possibility to go to eachothers housing could have been nice. Really don't want the excals in our pve-zones.

But Guiness, that was NEVER an option and I don't know why you think it was. The deal was always going to be shared frontier zones and linked capital cities giving access to all zones on the clustered servers.

I did try telling everyone this, but so few listened to me.

I tried to tell people how clustering actually worked, having experienced it on the US servers, but some people were so fixated on the RvR bits they seemed to have shut out of their minds anything else.

You're getting clustering, you're getting linked capital cities and you're giving access to all prydwen zones to all hib/excal players.

Time to learn to live with it.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”