Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Ankh Morpork wrote:I'd rather play on an EU server than a US one anyday :) you sure goa doesnt wanna pay for it? Or is that just a wild guess?

/Ankh
Requil said it some time ago
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I played on the US servers.
I couldn't really imagine ever going back there.
Several reasons:-
1) Time zone difference.
... Raids start in the middle of the night Euro time
... Downtime is ALWAYS at Euro playing time
... Lack of players at Euro playing time
2) Mentality of the players
... Americans are often wierd IMO
... Americans are often REALLY wierd IMO
... The longer you get to know them the wierder they become (IMO)
3) etc
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

on classic server there realy aint a problem with the timezone, as there is about as many EU as there is US players on the server. I have pretty much tought Americans to be idiots, but I hate how many times I have gotten prove wrong while playing on US server, just as many wierd people in EU as on US tbh
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Heta wrote:just as many wierd people in EU as on US tbh
yes yes don't get me wrong I'm not really being racist I'm a wierdo myself
<looks around suspiciously>

It's just that ...
the people here are usually wierd in a similar way to that in which I am wierd
whereas americans are wierd in a .......... well ........... in a wierd way!
Cultural / upbringing differences et al
-
-

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

OohhoO wrote:I played on the US servers.
I couldn't really imagine ever going back there.
Several reasons:-
1) Time zone difference.
... Raids start in the middle of the night Euro time
... Downtime is ALWAYS at Euro playing time
... Lack of players at Euro playing time
2) Mentality of the players
... Americans are often wierd IMO
... Americans are often REALLY wierd IMO
... The longer you get to know them the wierder they become (IMO)
3) etc
You obviously have played there if you really beleive any of those myths are true :p

Plenty of euro raids on each cluster seeing as like 70% of people on US servers aren't actually from the US the servers are pretty multi-national and I meet as many euros as I do yanks. I'm not sure where all the phobias of yanks come from, whilst George Bush is indeed a gigantic penis, most the yanks who voted for him are red-neck uneducated types who wont find their way on the internet anyway, amusingly most yanks on the US servers are more intelligent, but of course, like with any server be it euro or US you get your fair share of idiots. You can't pretend all yanks are dumb just because George Bush got into power, that just means half of them are dumb :p

Downtime is more often than not over by the time I get home from work - Mythic don't take entire days to patch like GOA, usually only a couple of hours and they start about 12:00 - 14:00 GMT.

As for lack of players at euro time, wtf are you on about? The US clusters/servers are nearly always bigger off-peak than Excal or Prydwen is on-peak. Only the French/German servers are bigger, but that doesn't help English speaking players.

Of course the other main advantage of the US servers is Mythic doesn't fuck them up like GOA do and make them go down for like 6 days :p

Don't think I've met anyone who's really tried US servers and thinks euro servers are better to be honest :p I know a few have left US to go back to their friends and such which is fair enough, but I think even they'll agree the US service is a far, far better one. The euro servers are inferior in so many ways and GOA just provide a constant stream of screw-ups regarding the running of the euro servers be it the hacking, the charging of cancelled accounts, the multi-day downtimes, the lack of a real support mechanism, the constant and recurring lag issues, the added obscure bugs that were never in the US version... need I go on?

Only logical and valid reasons to play euro is if you think you'll lose touch with your friends by moving to the US servers which is admittedly a pretty big issue for some if they don't use MSN, IRC and such and also if you make use of the French, German and Spanish language versions. I would've included Italians in that but there's bigger Italian communities on some US servers than there is on GOA's Italian servers, funny that - can't think why!
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gahn wrote:From FH :

"Q: Have GoA/Mythic had technical personell working around the clock since server shutdown wednesday last week, trying to solve the Prydwen problem?
A: Not around the clock litterally, as in 24/7, but I can assure you we have worked on it as much as we could and it continues to be our biggest priority."

Such political language, means all and nothing :p
In other words no, they took the weekend off cos they really don't give a shit :p

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Xest wrote:You obviously have played there if you really beleive any of those myths are true :p

Plenty of euro raids on each cluster seeing as like 70% of people on US servers aren't actually from the US the servers are pretty multi-national and I meet as many euros as I do yanks. I'm not sure where all the phobias of yanks come from, whilst George Bush is indeed a gigantic penis, most the yanks who voted for him are red-neck uneducated types who wont find their way on the internet anyway, amusingly most yanks on the US servers are more intelligent, but of course, like with any server be it euro or US you get your fair share of idiots. You can't pretend all yanks are dumb just because George Bush got into power, that just means half of them are dumb :p

Downtime is more often than not over by the time I get home from work - Mythic don't take entire days to patch like GOA, usually only a couple of hours and they start about 12:00 - 14:00 GMT.

As for lack of players at euro time, wtf are you on about? The US clusters/servers are nearly always bigger off-peak than Excal or Prydwen is on-peak. Only the French/German servers are bigger, but that doesn't help English speaking players.

Of course the other main advantage of the US servers is Mythic doesn't fuck them up like GOA do and make them go down for like 6 days :p

Don't think I've met anyone who's really tried US servers and thinks euro servers are better to be honest :p I know a few have left US to go back to their friends and such which is fair enough, but I think even they'll agree the US service is a far, far better one. The euro servers are inferior in so many ways and GOA just provide a constant stream of screw-ups regarding the running of the euro servers be it the hacking, the charging of cancelled accounts, the multi-day downtimes, the lack of a real support mechanism, the constant and recurring lag issues, the added obscure bugs that were never in the US version... need I go on?

Only logical and valid reasons to play euro is if you think you'll lose touch with your friends by moving to the US servers which is admittedly a pretty big issue for some if they don't use MSN, IRC and such and also if you make use of the French, German and Spanish language versions. I would've included Italians in that but there's bigger Italian communities on some US servers than there is on GOA's Italian servers, funny that - can't think why!
To each their own IMO.
I played US intensively from release until about a year ago & I MUCH prefer the EU servers.
There's simply no way I'd go back to the US servers as long as there are European servers, no matter what the service is like.
-
-

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Xest wrote:In other words no, they took the weekend off cos they really don't give a shit :p
Pretty much agree, thought of giving em benefit of doubt LOL
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

the thing is if we dont show our misunderstanding of the situation things,will later go on more worst
1)they should have fixed the daoc stats site 3 month ago-they didnt care,they said they will fix it after cluster this will be now in 3-4´weeks it looks
2)alot of peeps unhappy about the customer support too
3).....
4)...

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

OohhoO wrote:To each their own IMO.
I played US intensively from release until about a year ago & I MUCH prefer the EU servers.
There's simply no way I'd go back to the US servers as long as there are European servers, no matter what the service is like.
Yes but you've come up with no valid argument as to why they're better, the points you stated are common misconceptions and in reality are just outright untrue.

More importantly if you played the US servers up until a year ago, the populations were even bigger again then compared to the English euro servers, so I'm not sure how you can possibly claim there was less players around, it just proves more that you don't actually know wtf you're on about :p

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”