Warning -

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Sorry Lenah, but just because you don't agree with naming and shaming doesn't mean the thread should be closed. Whilst you're welcome to your opinion you are most certainly NOT welcome to force your opinion on others, hence why the thread shall remain open perhaps with a little spam pruning if I find time.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Tomppodeuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tomppodeuz »

gaaaaaaah, 17 (increased to 18 while writing) friggin pages, such postfarming :)

<continues to read the thread from page 4>
DAoC - Tomppodeuz 50 Eldritch, Nahka 50 Bard, Robbari 50 Ranger, Knakkerton 50 Mentalist
The Ashen Circle

WoW - Tomppodeuz 60 Warrior, Tomppo 60 Mage
LotRO - Tomppo 50 Hunter

AoC - Tomppodeuz 6x Ranger
Hyborian Dragon Slayers

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Finolin wrote:He threatened me with legal action last night when I said I was going to post about the raid. However he didn't seem to know the difference between slander and libel, nor upon whom the burden of proof rests in such cases, so I doubt either of us have too much to worry about.

Wouldn't it be hard to make a slander or libel case stick when we're talking about reputation of a game character? You can't defame a dead person so how can you defame a game character? The only way he'd have even the remotest chance of making anything stick is if the real-life identity of the player was defamed.

Also, defammation is about the unjustified damaging of a person's reputation and if the facts back the accusation then there is no slander or libel. So, if someone stole a drop, or ruined a raid or did some other untoward action and there are people with chat logs recording the conversation and the actions taken and these logs prove what happened, again no defammation.

I always find it amusing when people resort to threatening legal action when they have no facts to back it up - that usually tells me that the person making the threats has lost the argument.

There's always one simple way to clear up any argument - post the chat log.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Good thing about a thread like this is that unless the accussed one never visit the forum them do get a chance to explain themself. (and if they don't visit the forum perhaps somebody they know does and drags them here)

/Ankh

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Belisar wrote: So I have a request...

Can people please stop adding posts which are funny, interesting or in any way an enjoyable read - then maybe I can get to my meetings on time :arti:

Count yourself in that request Bel? :)

I chuckled when I read your post. Now I'm late for work too.

Damn!

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Heta wrote:I'm a self proclamied ass who respect my self

I agree with the first part :)

Only jesting m8.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Good thing about a thread like this is that unless the accussed one never visit the forum them do get a chance to explain themself. (and if they don't visit the forum perhaps somebody they know does and drags them here)

/Ankh
Other good thing is that people who don't play Prydwen anymore get the opportunity to join in the soap opera that is Prydwen! :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Sharkith wrote:Woot!!

<moves stops salvaging ram>

"Ahh, bollox!"

Here is another one who knows their Plato.

Makes a note "Don't express an opinion, democracy is out and go and get washed."

<Starts salvaging ram again *sigh*>

I think he's finally flipped.

Too much bashing his head against the ram.

Try a weapon next time!!

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Xest wrote:Other good thing is that people who don't play Prydwen anymore get the opportunity to join in the soap opera that is Prydwen! :p
Haha aye, very very good point!

Edit: ...or even play the game anymore!

/Ankh

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Briannon wrote:I agree with the first part :)

Only jesting m8.
ffs if you agree it dosnt make me selfproclamied :(
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”