Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Ankh Morpork wrote:why?

/Ankh
It's clear to me that :

A) They didn't worked in the weekend despite they should provide a 24/7 service.
B) They don't even fucking got an half decent tech support in Europe if they need Mythic ppl to clean their database tbfh.

So y pay em? Better pay Mythic at this point no?
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

I suppose it's partly to do with computer technology making everything so fast and instant. People have got used to everything being done in an instant that they expect everything else in the world to be instant too. No patience (or very little) these days.

I can remember ten years ago when printing out a page from a 386 took 20 minutes from when you clicked on "Print", on a laser printer.

Can you remember taking 10 minutes to load up a game from a casette tape on your ZX81 or Spectrum? Hehe. I remember buying my first floppy drive for my BBC Micro... external 5¼" floppy, single sided only. That seemed so brilliant at the time and it was the highlight of the day formatting a new disc.

People used to cook their own meals too, instead of buying microwaveable stuff from the freezer section in the supermarket. Instead of allowing all this instant convenience to give us more free time, we end up working over late and doing over time. Crazy world!

Mind you, some people like to work. Nowt wrong with that, but I personally would rather use the extra time for relaxing or going to the pub etc.

Wonder if the day will come when couples won't have to wait 9 months for the baby to "pop-out"? There will be some company named "Insta-Sprog" or something. Now there's a thought!

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Gahn wrote:It's clear to me that :

A) They didn't worked in the weekend despite they should provide a 24/7 service.
B) They don't even fucking got an half decent tech support in Europe if they need Mythic ppl to clean their database tbfh.

So y pay em? Better pay Mythic at this point no?
Actually, it did say that last thing he heard was the techies trying to clean up the database and mythic techies was on their way to help.

But thats just what I made out of it ofc...I could be wrong.

/Ankh

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

TY Modz :)
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

in clear text he is saying.

We have no idea what we are doing, or how to fix it. A guy from US is flying in and we are praying he can solve it cause we are just a waste of space.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Actually, it did say that last thing he heard was the techies trying to clean up the database and mythic techies was on their way to help.

But thats just what I made out of it ofc...I could be wrong.

/Ankh
Erm i ain't english native speaker but :

"I just spoke to our techies and they're waiting for the Mythic techies to get into work. I might have some more news in an hour or two."

Means they can't do jack shit till Mythic Tech ppl get into work ...

"Last thing I heard was that we're still trying to clean up the database and that this will be a monster job."

We are still trying? Who? Them or Mythic Tech ppl? If they are trying to purge it they don't need to wait Mythic techies to get off bed.

Simple as 1 2 3 to me.
Na Fianna Dragun

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Gahn wrote:Erm i ain't english native speaker but :

"I just spoke to our techies and they're waiting for the Mythic techies to get into work. I might have some more news in an hour or two."

Means they can't do jack shit till Mythic Tech ppl get into work ...

"Last thing I heard was that we're still trying to clean up the database and that this will be a monster job."

We are still trying? Who? Them or Mythic Tech ppl? If they are trying to purge it they don't need to wait Mythic techies to get off bed.

Simple as 1 2 3 to me.
He didnt say WE about the mythic people so I assume he means that GOA's staff are working on the database...

/Ankh

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Gandelf wrote:I suppose it's partly to do with computer technology making everything so fast and instant. People have got used to everything being done in an instant that they expect everything else in the world to be instant too. No patience (or very little) these days.

I can remember ten years ago when printing out a page from a 386 took 20 minutes from when you clicked on "Print", on a laser printer.

Can you remember taking 10 minutes to load up a game from a casette tape on your ZX81 or Spectrum? Hehe. I remember buying my first floppy drive for my BBC Micro... external 5¼" floppy, single sided only. That seemed so brilliant at the time and it was the highlight of the day formatting a new disc.

People used to cook their own meals too, instead of buying microwaveable stuff from the freezer section in the supermarket. Instead of allowing all this instant convenience to give us more free time, we end up working over late and doing over time. Crazy world!

Mind you, some people like to work. Nowt wrong with that, but I personally would rather use the extra time for relaxing or going to the pub etc.

Wonder if the day will come when couples won't have to wait 9 months for the baby to "pop-out"? There will be some company named "Insta-Sprog" or something. Now there's a thought!
It has nothing to do with patience or whatsover nor with "quicker life mod", it has to do with a downtime of 4-5 days of a "wannabe" 24/7 service, it's simply unacceptable, no damn SLA, even in botswana, would accept such a long downtime.
Na Fianna Dragun

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Ankh Morpork wrote:He didnt say WE about the mythic people so I assume he means that GOA's staff are working on the database...

/Ankh
So y they need to wait Mythic ppl to wake up? ^^
All i know is: in my firm we got 5 servers, every of each runs some particular services, every other server balanced to deliver additional services of a faulty one (in case), no way that, in any case, would be tolerated a down time of a server for more than 24 hours :s
Na Fianna Dragun

Dorin
Emerald Rider

Post by Dorin »

just

update

the ******* OFFICIAL website goa, i mean jeez didnt they learn that in 3 years+ service?

Hellooo keep customer base informated, I admire what Xalin does on FH but i have the strong feeling he is doing it by himself /hats off, nobody told him to do so... like "hey Xalin mind posting on fh to let "some" of our customer base know what the fuck is goin on meight?" :)

Reading the camelot reporter or whatever which was posted on friday afternoon gives the piss really > :thand:
Enchanter, Cabalist, Spiritmaster

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”