Dragon Respec stones, Goa's Responce

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cuchuluhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Cuchuluhain »

Since when have CSR's/Gms been responsible for stupidity?

Coulda sworn it always was 'you sell something to a merchant accidentally, TOUGH' was the offical line.

Like, from Day 1 of even the beta in eu, let alone the grab bags

Now theres an idea, a merchant you can sell to that will act like a vault keeper, you sell it to em, and they have a chance of putting it up on their 'stock' list at a different price (higher than sell delve).

Sugah
Emerald Rider

Post by Sugah »

Cuchuluhain wrote:Since when have CSR's/Gms been responsible for stupidity?

Coulda sworn it always was 'you sell something to a merchant accidentally, TOUGH' was the offical line.

Now theres an idea, a merchant you can sell to that will act like a vault keeper, you sell it to em, and they have a chance of putting it up on their 'stock' list at a different price (higher than sell delve).
Wow have a very nice system in place for this. The last item you sell is kept in the merchant window with the option of buying it back for the price it was sold at. This at least gives you a chance to buy an item back.

Anyways back on track.
Hib/Pry
Minewt - Eldritch - Tailor in Training
Mingle - Ranger - Fletcher in Training
Sugah - Vampiir - Alcoholic in Training
Arctura - Druid
Minuwt - Chanter

Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

Sugah wrote:Wow
sry stopped reading there :cow:
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Bugzy
Emerald Rider

Post by Bugzy »

Read a couple of pages and those of you (aka Penlid) need to stop being prats.

Firstly, Requiel is a GM, he has minimal power. He cannot say heres 25 respec stones without proper evidance and a direct 'go ahead' from Mythic (if the situation is serious).

Secondly, why the hell would Requiel lie? He spends numerous hours on forums he DOESN'T need to be on.

I think some of you forget the ones to QQ at. Anyway, the topic has probably moved on since then but hey, after reading idiotic comments i felt obliged to reply.
Bard - ML 8 - RR4Lx - 33/37/43
Vampiir - ML 1 - RR3Lx - 38/32/43

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

Bugzy wrote:Read a couple of pages and those of you (aka Penlid) need to stop being prats.
I wasn't being a prat, i was stating facts from the makers of the game :kick:
Inactive

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Cuchuluhain wrote:Since when have CSR's/Gms been responsible for stupidity?

Not really stupidity if you have say a RoG necklace in your template and you take it off to port somewhere then sell all the crap in your pack thinking the RoG necklace was part of it for example. Still that's my point, the fact CSRs do and are allowed to go a step further on things like that shows how great some of the things CSRs do are, why leave a customer upset that they've lost an irreplaceable item when they have the tools and systems in place to help them get it back without any damage to the games economy? It's just plain old good customer service. Much better than a "I'm too busy, I don't have time it's all your fault fuck off" kind of response.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Bugzy wrote:Read a couple of pages and those of you (aka Penlid) need to stop being prats.

Firstly, Requiel is a GM, he has minimal power. He cannot say heres 25 respec stones without proper evidance and a direct 'go ahead' from Mythic (if the situation is serious).

Secondly, why the hell would Requiel lie? He spends numerous hours on forums he DOESN'T need to be on.

I think some of you forget the ones to QQ at. Anyway, the topic has probably moved on since then but hey, after reading idiotic comments i felt obliged to reply.
sorry mate you should have read on. :kick:

Read Gribolgh's post for the most accurate summary/conclusion (p16)...

;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

A GM has minimal power? Er, he's said himself he has access to all the games scripts, that's as much power as a GM would ever need, if not more - it's kinda overkill for a GM job.

I pointed out before why he'd lie, if he is lying then it's because he's human, if he's not lying he's just being naive to good customer service practices. I think what's more silly is to think that GMs are some kind of infallable machine that never have emotions or get anything wrong tbh.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Xest,

sorry but on this you have completely lost me. Your kinda going off in one of those tangents - almost like Haley's commet (read comment). Please explain for the mortals....
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Bugzy
Emerald Rider

Post by Bugzy »

Xest wrote:A GM has minimal power? Er, he's said himself he has access to all the games scripts, that's as much power as a GM would ever need, if not more - it's kinda overkill for a GM job.

I pointed out before why he'd lie, if he is lying then it's because he's human, if he's not lying he's just being naive to good customer service practices. I think what's more silly is to think that GMs are some kind of infallable machine that never have emotions or get anything wrong tbh.
Afaik, a GM cannot edit, modify or change the scripts that the game processes. So yes, i'd consider it minimal power.
Bard - ML 8 - RR4Lx - 33/37/43
Vampiir - ML 1 - RR3Lx - 38/32/43

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”