Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

In defence of the workers though, I would argue that there is (in this modern age) too much emphasis on customer satisfaction... as customers, we are often guilty of thinking that we have a divine right to demand instant action when there is a fault. I would say, however, that we should remember that the workers have their own lives to live, with family and friends etc. and why should they have to "suffer" just to make us happy?

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Gandelf wrote:and why should they have to "suffer" just to make us happy?
Cos we pay them? :)

Edit: I would have total understanding for this kind of reasoning if it wasnt for the fact that we pay our subs to be able to play 24/7 and not just mon-fri.

/Ankh

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Cos we pay them? :)

Edit: I would have total understanding for this kind of reasoning if it wasnt for the fact that we pay our subs to be able to play 24/7 and not just mon-fri.

/Ankh

Yes, you're right. But you can still play 24/7 because only Prydwen is down.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Gandelf wrote:Yes, you're right. But you can still play 24/7 because only Prydwen is down.
Depends on how you see it. There are some people who have been concentrating on just one realm for the last couple of years. Anyway, Im pretty sure they've been working all weekend on the problem.

/Ankh

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Cos we pay them? :)

/Ankh

yeah don't sattisfy you'r costomers and you will lose them, all companies have to do this ;D and if something is wrong you will get less free time with your family until it is fixed, because the company will probably need you to do more time then ;D

And ofcourse they will have to work weekends to solve it, if not it would be really lame.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

[quote="Elrandhir"]yeah don't sattisfy you'r costomers and you will lose them, all companies have to do this ]

Aye, and who knows what contracts their technicians got...they might have overtime included as standard in their contract (if you know what I mean).

/Ankh

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Cryn wrote:Why are we so sure they didn't work the weekend? Is there a post somewhere that says that's what they did? I really have trouble believing that any company - even GOA - would be able to just shrug and go home for the weekend when a server is down.

I know that all dev companies I've worked for, you work 16 hour days every day until it comes back up. People get extra time off once the problem is fixed, but it's understood that servers being down (or even just app servers running as software) get fixed ASAP. The idea of going home and putting your feat up for the weekend while your customers suffer is unprofessional in the extreme.
Imo if they worked over weekend, meaning that 1st objective would have been to put up server Monday morning, they would have rolled back and Pryd would have been up by now.
Instead they prolly still trying to fix the problem and they will roll back this noon xD
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Aye, and who knows what contracts their technicians got...they might have overtime included as standard in their contract (if you know what I mean).

/Ankh

Could have I guess, but if they have enough people and working in "shift" dunno what that is in English they shouldent have to, there would still be people there all the time ;D
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Gahn wrote:Last update:

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=170227

Now i'm really thinking of moving to US tbfh.
Could someone please copy/paste the contents of the update as I can't get FH from work :(
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Gahn wrote:Now i'm really thinking of moving to US tbfh.
why?

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”