Emerald Rider

Post by Botond »

Ankh Morpork wrote: (or their wifes)

/Ankh
thats not what i've heard :o

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

US server CSR guy main goal is to make customers happy,while the GoA crew always just wanted to make sure every1 knows they are the big guys,never cared about customers.
Well, making a customer happy isn't always what helps the game in general. In SWG for instance there was a Vehicle repair bug. I lost around 25k credits because of it, and when I called GM, he asked me "how much did you lost?". I said "35k", and I got em on my bank in next second. Happy customer? Yes. But than, someone else could say 1M and got it, and thats just way over the line.

It's better to stick to the value hardcoded in the game, than giving something to the customer, because customer feels 100% would be better than 99.99%.

It's Mythic's fault they didn't synchronise patch notes with the game, but seriously all GOA can do in this case is report this mismatch to Mythic, I doubt they are alowed to change either game code or patch notes by theirselves.
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

so after 16 pages we seem to have got over the personal attacks and finally decided that in actual fact this can't be resolved since it is a difference of interpretation. :)

I enjoyed posting in the thread and it is/was nice to see a semblance of the old Prydwen back. ;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

errrr
can i just say that ive been on a Dragon Raid where no stones were dropped.. was a long long time ago but i have heard of other times due to people kicking off in game on a /as channel over it, I'd say the same now as i would have done then.. its only a game just do it again.. how many times ya been at the bottom of DF and got wiped by soul stealer himself.. DR take no time at all compared to what they used to I remeber sortia doing the dragon once when it was a REAL challenge.. no animists then min. 100 people and it took a damn sight longer than a cpl of hours.. only to get wiped out a cpl of times.. did it in the end though .. Goa even put his name on webby with gratz..
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Gribolg
Emerald Rider

Post by Gribolg »

This is good stuff tbh. In fact it's almost Barrysworld material!! :cowgif:
Lets recap:
Fact: Stones drop off the dragons loottable, loottables can't be 100% so the developers put the value on 99%
Fact: All official documentation states dragons WILL drop stones, other mobs MIGHT drop stones.
Fact: The stones didn't drop, and it isn't a bug. Bad luck, our GM's just can't act against the code.

Question: Should the official documentation state that dragons will ALMOST ALWAYS drop stones.
Question: Was it the INTENT of the developers to make the dragon drop 100%? If so, will GM's after getting an official response from Mythic be allowed to grant stones on FUTURE dragon raids in case they do not drop.

I've been on a dragonraid where no loot at all dropped, now that was a bug. And a GM then didn't just give loot, he came online, solo'd the dragon and gave the loot that dropped. :)

nibs
Emerald Rider

Post by nibs »

[quote="Sharkith"]so after 16 pages we seem to have got over the personal attacks and finally decided that in actual fact this can't be resolved since it is a difference of interpretation. :)

I enjoyed posting in the thread and it is/was nice to see a semblance of the old Prydwen back. ]

difference or interpretation:

please interpret:

On th e death <enter dragon names here> WILL drop <enter respec stone names here>.

Do so in every possible way you can.
Mid/Ava
Gwarp, 42, Savage, LGM AC
Grumblebum, 50, Spiritmaster, ML3
Nibkyrie, 48, Valk, 9xx Alch
Nibmedic, 50, Healer, ML9
Stumblebum, 50, Warrior, ML10

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

nibs wrote:difference or interpretation:

please interpret:

On th e death <enter dragon names here> WILL drop <enter respec stone names here>.

Do so in every possible way you can.
ROFL I cannot believe that you just posted that. It is totally clear that irrespective of the language the interpretation is different - you should stop being a naive realist you know 'cause if you don't life is going to mess you up.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gribolg wrote:This is good stuff tbh. In fact it's almost Barrysworld material!! :cowgif:
Lets recap:
Fact: Stones drop off the dragons loottable, loottables can't be 100% so the developers put the value on 99%
Fact: All official documentation states dragons WILL drop stones, other mobs MIGHT drop stones.
Fact: The stones didn't drop, and it isn't a bug. Bad luck, our GM's just can't act against the code.

Question: Should the official documentation state that dragons will ALMOST ALWAYS drop stones.
Question: Was it the INTENT of the developers to make the dragon drop 100%? If so, will GM's after getting an official response from Mythic be allowed to grant stones on FUTURE dragon raids in case they do not drop.
Good recap and good questions :)

Question 1: Yes i think so
Question 2: Doubt we'll ever hear that
finland:
holland:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Botond wrote:.Or those infamous ML5.1-8 raids where neither side was up,even tho one side supposed to be up always,and if we asked a GM to make event pop none of em helped due to rnd excuses.!
that bits incorrect

one of the ml5 dungeon steps were down (bugged) and since we saw requeil online and he repopped the step and i think he stayed to make sure it repopped after we had finished. (this was ages back)
Perhaps you just had bad luck with the GMs in game but requiel and zenith and previously kemor, have always been nice and helpful :)
Even when asked inane questions :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

HappyG wrote:Well, making a customer happy isn't always what helps the game in general. In SWG for instance there was a Vehicle repair bug. I lost around 25k credits because of it, and when I called GM, he asked me "how much did you lost?". I said "35k", and I got em on my bank in next second. Happy customer? Yes. But than, someone else could say 1M and got it, and thats just way over the line.

It's better to stick to the value hardcoded in the game, than giving something to the customer, because customer feels 100% would be better than 99.99%.

It's Mythic's fault they didn't synchronise patch notes with the game, but seriously all GOA can do in this case is report this mismatch to Mythic, I doubt they are alowed to change either game code or patch notes by theirselves.
Well that's the difference between running competent and incompetent customer services reps. If I accidently sell or destroy an item Mythic CSRs will replace it for me (Which reminds me, wasn't so long ago Requiel was saying they don't do this when they blatantly do) but they'll only do so after properly checking logs to confirm I had the item in the first place, if I've accidently sold it they also check to see how much I got for it and make me pay back the money I got for it, that way the economy isn't damaged at all. The problem here is that the design intention is undeniably clear in that the stones are supposed to drop every single time, Requiel could check the logs to ensure the dragon was killed and the stones in fact weren't dropped as they should be then award the stones.

The other thing to remember of course is that if normal loot items aren't 100% drop there's a lot of ML steps that have items required to move on, this means Requiel is essentially saying there's a chance an item that should be dropped wont drop every time which could potentially delay a raid for a long time if they have to wait for respawn - the design intention is clear, that the item be dropped each time so that you can carry on and if that isn't the case it has to be a bug and should be dealt with like any other bug - added to the list of things to fix.

Sharkith there really isn't any other interpretation of that statement to be fair :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”