Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Gandelf wrote:They ought to give every player at least the number of days that Prydwen has been down. In addition, to compensate for items lost in a rollback (if that happens) they ought to have gold or glory points in all three main cities, that allow each player to use one of their characters to claim a ToA artefact for free and 5 Plat.

That would be nice :)
hmm

and then they would limit the artifacts.
Such as traldors to tanks. battler to mages etc :p

^-- looking on the darkside of life :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

if your bt phone line goes dead for more than 3 hours bt patch incomming calls to a mobile number of your choice for free and it only costs people who are calling you normal rate so yea bt do try to compensate i also got some X-box live time <1month> as compensation for my bt line going down for 18 hours so yes i would expect compensation for having a daoc server go down for nearly a week. <which it will be at the end imo>

on a final note at least mythic work over the weekend goa piss off home and leave the servers to rot with a few tech monkeys picking their noses and flicking the crap at prydwen imo
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Bebop
Emerald Rider

Post by Bebop »

The only compensation we will see if we lucky is a few free days on our subs.

Also i bet somehwere in the agreement it will have some crap about servers going down etc etc & they wont be held liable...cba looking through it but i can bet theres summit in there which covers them in a situation like this.

& the only reason why they will give us a few days free subs is to keep us happy so we dont cancel our daoc accounts... you really think they gunna give us free days subs from the goodness of there hearts?.... no chance, its lost money to them & they gunna hate giving us free days on our subs.

chances are they will roll back the servers & give everyone a few free days subs (yippee!), & this WILL piss alot of ppl off & imo its gets GoA/Mythic (whoever :D ) off the hook.

What they should do is yup, roll back the servers if need be...but then those who had rare items/arti credit/more gold who have now lost it all due to rollback should be asked to rightnow so it can all be put back onto the account..yes it will take time & yes goa/mythic will have to do more work (we pay there wages)

Things like this cant be helped, well i guess they can with decent techies/hardware but then we are talking about GoA/Mythic. But the way its been handled is totally crap. The least they could do is at least update the official web with upto date info on whats happening...but there excuse is: "All our resources are buzy trying to solve the problem" ....excuse my language but, BULLSHIT. They find time to post the "Friday news" I know its not a big deal, but at least we are being kept informed instead of left in the dark.

Once again the customer support (if it exists) is 100% crap..they make BT CS look like gods.

the years ive played DAoC its always annoyed me how pathetic the customer service has been, the biggest joke being "Rightnow" Rightnow is a good idea & good program.. its just that GoA/Mythic dont seem to respond to messages in it left by customers for days. Not once have i had a reply earlier than 4 days.

To end my pov, if/when there is ever a DAoC 2 released there is no way i will play it if i seen either GoA/Mythic logo anywhere on the box/website. They truly are the "Laurel & Hardy" of mmorpg's & bet when the servers have a problem the head techie stands there scratching his head crying like the real Laurel & Hardy tbh ;)

What, ya dont believe me? .... click below :p
http://ollie.shorturl.com/
On the left is GoA & On the right is Mythic \o/

/chow
Prydwen RETIRED..Might be comming back!
Hib
Bebop
Boppa
Bopper
Bops
Furse
Mid
Bebop
Latona
Bopps
Boppa

US
Bpm - RM
Eternul - BD
Tequila - Healer

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Bebop wrote: To end my pov, if/when there is ever a DAoC 2 released there is no way i will play it if i seen either GoA/Mythic logo anywhere on the box/website.

Warhammer Online might be concidered to be DAoC 2...imo I would play that one even if it had Bush's face as a logo :)

/Ankh

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Warhammer Online might be concidered to be DAoC 2...imo I would play that one even if it had Bush's face as a logo :)

/Ankh
haha...

I would aswell :o
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

still cant belive GOA didnt work over the weekend to try and fix the problem... its just sad and pathetic of the company, when something like this happens, bring in the bunkbeds, start ordering in food cause noone is leaving before its fixed
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

Heta wrote:still cant belive GOA didnt work over the weekend to try and fix the problem... its just sad and pathetic of the company, when something like this happens, bring in the bunkbeds, start ordering in food cause noone is leaving before its fixed
arent the french the once with the 36hrs week?
coming out of a country where work is done when it had to be done this really hurts, but looks like in french the world runs different.
I m f...ing shure they didnt work on the problem, how could they have been so shure on friday that they have to let server down the whole weekend?

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Alexandrinus wrote:arent the french the once with the 36hrs week?
coming out of a country where work is done when it had to be done this really hurts, but looks like in french the world runs different.
I m f...ing shure they didnt work on the problem, how could they have been so shure on friday that they have to let server down the whole weekend?
Personally I would have done the same tbh, better to give yourself abit of marginal instead of promising to have it back in just a couple of hours (as they did say that the corrupted files might not be the problem) I can fully understand peoples frustration but at the same time I can understand the people working at GoA. This is ofc a statement I will withdraw if we dont get some kind of compensation :D

/Ankh

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

Ankh Morpork wrote: This is ofc a statement I will withdraw if we dont get some kind of compensation :D

/Ankh
hehehe at least we know someone who get something out of this crisis :bggrin:

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

... and the roll of honour is still broken ;-)
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”