Please post experiences of item loss

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Or they can allow macro crafting for 2 weeks so everyone can make their own with the plat ;).
Mael, 50th ment.

alduan
Emerald Rider

Post by alduan »

audible seems to be my only char to get pwnd, Guess Ill have to make a list tomorrow
Audible 6l0 Bainshee omg wtf pwnd stripped by goa
Alduan 5l8 Eldy getting his gear updated

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Getting 75p it would seem to me from what i have asked around is not the guaranteed marker, i have heard that some are getting lower amounts of money. So i wouldn't count on others to bring in new money with that 75p price range tbh. My toons are still not fixed QQ.

lairiodd2

Post by lairiodd2 »

It just occured to me, with the clustering inc, inflation will also affect excal :p

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

lairiodd2 wrote:It just occured to me, with the clustering inc, inflation will also affect excal :p
I think the server took the financially not-so-lucky players and removed their items then to restore them later with a 75p extra.

Excal preparations ! (Under codename: D.C [Database Corruption, zz!] )

Bidi
Emerald Rider

Post by Bidi »

Banana wrote:according to FH 74/24 peeps have lost items during this so i think they mistyped that.
should be a small number of you WONT find youre missing items..
Out of the 5 guildies that are about and not on holiday this is the breakdown.

12 Chars out of 5 accounts have suffered anything from the loss of several crafted weps to totally naked and nothing on char or vaults.

I think your closer to the mark than we have been led to beleive, there is a "small" chance you'll be ok.

By the time I roughly figured out what I had lost it was around 9:30 uk time, I was number 971 at that time :(
Currently Training in EVE and playing BF2:

Rhohandra -Caldari
Quinthar lvl 36 - Barbarian - Monk
Eranu lvl 31 - Gnome - Fury (29 Provisioner)

------------
Excalibur: (Retired)
Ferus Legionis
[50's] Armsman, Necro, Cleric, Cleric, Fire Wiz, Scout, Infil, Cabbie, Heretic, Sorc
Prydwen: (Retired)
Angry Squirrels
[50's] Bidi/Chanter, Maon/Druid, Flies/Ranger, Retsekans/Warden, Gloekin/Animist, Shsil/Mentalist

Bidi
Emerald Rider

Post by Bidi »

Lairiodd wrote:Yup giving money was a bad idea. However, I assume that 75p is overstating the amount ? Presumably that is only for people who were hit really bad.

What would be better would be to give each person a pick of one of say 30 ROG items for each one they lost rather than cash. You lose a ROG sword and they generate 30 of them and you can pick the best one. Maybe add an npc to do it :). That way you add value to the economy rather than adding just cash.
Thats the problem thougjh, they claim they cant generate ROG's..

Shame really I had 3-4 on my ranger that were rather nice. :(
Currently Training in EVE and playing BF2:

Rhohandra -Caldari
Quinthar lvl 36 - Barbarian - Monk
Eranu lvl 31 - Gnome - Fury (29 Provisioner)

------------
Excalibur: (Retired)
Ferus Legionis
[50's] Armsman, Necro, Cleric, Cleric, Fire Wiz, Scout, Infil, Cabbie, Heretic, Sorc
Prydwen: (Retired)
Angry Squirrels
[50's] Bidi/Chanter, Maon/Druid, Flies/Ranger, Retsekans/Warden, Gloekin/Animist, Shsil/Mentalist

kaxen
Emerald Rider

Post by kaxen »

nothing is missing on my acc, have yet to check BB acc but cba activating it just to check..

GoAs downfall?
Prydwen
Tuatha Dé Danann
Kxn - Hero
Nxk - Chanter
Animistic - Animist

Camlann
Guildless
Kxn - Eldritch

Overdue

Post by Overdue »

Devera totally stripped
Random thid alt I templated just before server crash stripped

All else fine as far as I know
Devera the 10th Season Thunderer Blademaster
Gori the 8th Season Silver Hand Bard
Deify the 9th Season Flammen Vakten Spiritmaster

Retired

Kias
Emerald Rider

Post by Kias »

Lothandar wrote:Counting it's like 5p to get to lgm tailoring, you have 75p on your char= hint hint.
you can't really put a price on the time involved to get a lgm crafter though, if someone offered me 75p to make a lgm crafter the offer would most likely be declined since its so fucking boring.

also from our guild we had both druids stripped and the warden (me), 2 of those characters templates were heavily reliant of rogsofdoom and I don't think 225p really comes close to compensating the amount of time/money it would take to restore those characters old templates.

another thing to note is the effect this will have on the server economy, as a example say people who lost rare item xxx with a 0.0002 chance to drop from an encounter with a repop of 7 days (/sarcasm off) are given 50p to replace the lost item, how exactly will this help people replace this item, it will do nothing but increase the price of said item. The amount of free plat goa are distributing is fucking stupid and them saying they cannot restore certain items/rogs etc is probably bs too, they just are not willing to invest the time in restoring items that would take effort to restore.

the bonuses given are also pretty amusing, since it's not possible for me to do anything with my 1 hib/pryd lvl 50 toon until their slowcrew employees replace my artis and other items, then get my new armour, then get it sc'd ( which is another nice point, i'm sure theres gonna be nice queues for sc'ers since they won't be restoring player crafted armour), if I ever get my warden ready for rvr again the bonuses will be long gone and i'll be without a doubt out of pocket in both time invested in the game and the amount of plat used to retoa my toon.
kaisar - einherjar
kiasar - elding fru
kias - silver hand
botabalans - savant :<
kanimist the animist :arti:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”