Maybe we should send a message to GOA?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

Belisar wrote:I am still trying to fathom the fact that there are a million characters on prydwen !!!

Wonder where they all went ? Or will the albs soon create a mega zerg and smash the lot of us.
does a "char" = a slot item times the number of playable chars
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Jupi wrote:does a "char" = a slot item times the number of playable chars
Nope Requiel said elsewhere that they had used the term "small number" when talking about people effected by the item corruption because they estimated 3,500 characters had been effected and they had over 1,000,000 characters on the server.

Tbh that figure astounds me - there must be a lot of inactive players around.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

anyone watching Watchdog at the moment?
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Erce

Post by Erce »

just finished...what was it?
Erce..animist (retired)
Erehey..VW (retired)

druid in wow....(retired )

Amedor
Emerald Rider

Post by Amedor »

Guinnessrules wrote:Well, seems not all has lost items.
But those who has, seems to have lost items on more then 1 char.
So they wouldn't have to send to all on prydwen.
Thank god i seems to not have lost anything important anyway.
Useless crap i cba to rightnow, tho not sure i have lost anything.
Sometimes i feel like such a lucky bastid. :)
I only lost the items equiped on my Vampiir.. don't seem to have lost anything in its inventory. My Enchanter, ranger and animist all remain intact though.
Retired until further notice

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Yea goa hate vamps
loads of vamps lost stuff (mine lost her armour and her epic)
really odd but i spose its cause so many peeps have vamps :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

/send goa you bunch of poopoo heads !!!

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Erce wrote:just finished...what was it?
It might be GOA in a few weeks if they keep this up ;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Psychiatrist
Emerald Rider

Post by Psychiatrist »

A game that beat pvp in DAOC has yet to come. No game I've ever tried have had this exciting pvp as in DAOC.

Sad but true.

Sad because the game is not balanced, there's plenty of bugs (and new ones every patch it seems), and the incident with the databaseproblems on prydwen really shows how unprofessional they are.

Too bad that I am hooked until a substitute comes along, where rvr/pvp is better or equal... then, dear mythic and GoA, you will lose the majority of your players.

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Sharkith wrote:I don't know about a lot of this thread, I am not sure what to really think about this all just yet. I have had a month away from the game more or less (with the exception of one nights gaming three weeks ago and last night). I have missed my friends and I am really saddened to see a lot of people whom I have come to know see hour and hours of very earnest gameplay go up in smoke.

I have total sympathy with Peat (Cryn) on this thread but it is a little hasty. Too hasty perhaps.

Here is what I am currently thinking. GOA have promised to provide all people who regularly play on Prydwen (Alb, Hibbie, Mid) with a service. We trusted them. Many of us have ploughed years of hobby time into playing this game on that measure of trust. Now that trust in them and this service has been shaken to the core.

Suddenly we have all found that for whatever reason the service that we trust with 99% (in some cases) of our free time is not to be trusted . We cannot expect it to always return what we expected of it. What are we to do? GOA what would you have us do?

For me there is a very careful equation here. Many people's trust in this service has been shaken to the core. What can GOA do to repair that trust? I am not sure that any form of compensation package is addressing this core issue. Many of us have lost nothing but many of us are asking - what is the point of ploughing so much time into this server when it can so easily vanish. Puff - in smoke or pixels or whatever.

Compensation is one thing trust is something else entirely. I have yet to hear anyone from GOA come out and explain just what we are supposed to do when the system we trusted has presented itself as so obviously flawed.

Requiel I suspect you will not reply to this post I expect it is going to get lost in the irate posts that are flooding into the board as I type and preview what I am reading. Please give some thought to this very important issue.

It seems that many of the poor sods that have lost items will never have them replaced. Am I right? I don't know. It is possible that in a week or so I will be coming here saying that we could not even trust you to put right the wrongs of this accident or whatever?

Tell me Requiel please do because we are all listening.

Compenaste those who have been wronged and begin to repair the trust we once had in your company - stop and think very carefully many people are begining to indicate that this compensation is not working and cannot even begin to repay templates that cost upwards on 300plat to build - not to mention the time.....

I want to trust you again I really do.
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here but I'll repeat what I've said on these forums, on FH and as we've said on our official site.
If you have lost things and it's possible for us to recreate it, then we will do so. If we can't for any reason - because it wasn't possible to tell what you had or because your template was entirely composed of ROGs and crafted armour for example - then we will ensure that you are compensated to the point where you can replace a decent template.
We have already replaced items for hundreds of characters - high value drops, activated artifacts, quest rewards etc and we aren't planning to stop doing this.
For the record my main characters are on Prydwen and I know what the economy is like. We came up with an amount of money that would replace a decent RvR template minus artifacts and scrolls (as artifacts are always replaced). I'm struggling to think of anyone who would spend 300p on a template and not know what items they had in it or how they'd manage to spend that much without factoring in rare scrolls. However please remember that most people will not be in the position of having to replace their entire template. They won't need to replace artifacts obviously and they won't need to replace items that can be restored by us. No-one who loses their ML10 bow for example is going to need to worry about how they are going to afford a new one.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”