Dragon Respec stones, Goa's Responce

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cuchuluhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Cuchuluhain »

Go re-read your advertising books, the EULA basically signs any 'rights' you have away to Goa/Mythic in this regard.

You basically agree to abide by their terms, end of discussion.

The documentation is supplie EoE, which means Error/Omission Exempt, just the same way ads in newspapers are done if the the copyist is any good. Meaning you cant use printed (and it applys to eprinted) material against a company if it contains errors. If the information is slanderous, potentially harmful or litigeous, for example being advised to drink bleach for your health, it can be acted on.

But since

1) Goa operate under French law
2) Mythic supply the information for republishing
3) Goa / Gms are limited in what they are permitted to do
4) You agreed to the EULA/license to play the game

You have very little recourse to stand on, a polite request to a/the gm is about all you can do, short of cancelling your account and storming off sucking your thumb whining.

Requiel has been honest and polite to several people who frankly didnt deserve that courtesy.

As for certain people using the US servers as an excuse for how the EU servers should be, bugger off, you dont even play these servers (any more), and frankly how GOA run things is NOT how Mythic runs things (even tho we pay the same). Because A is A in the US does not mean B is B in europe.

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

Cuchuluhain wrote: As for certain people using the US servers as an excuse for how the EU servers should be, bugger off, you dont even play these servers (any more), and frankly how GOA run things is NOT how Mythic runs things (even tho we pay the same). Because A is A in the US does not mean B is B in europe.
I do play these servers still, get your facts right. US and Euro DAoC is the same, GoA do NOT have the rights to change ANYTHING as they are breaking their agreement WITH Mythic.
Inactive

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

Cuchuluhain wrote:

1) Goa operate under French law
2) Mythic supply the information for republishing
3) Goa / Gms are limited in what they are permitted to do
4) You agreed to the EULA/license to play the game
ohh noo we going down the legal eagles boffs route, btw french law doesnt stretch to outside france tbh:)... but lets get it on
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Cuchuluhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Cuchuluhain »

my my Penlid, feeling sore are we?

guilty conscience due to you admitting cheating on the US servers?

aww poor baby, sorry you feel picked on.

ps, I was talking about our mod Extraordinaire Xest ;)

Cuchuluhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Cuchuluhain »

oh and whilst french law doesnt stretch outside french soil..

you`ll find that the servers are hosted in france and all transactions and activity there ARE subject to french law

have a nice day

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

if the chance to drop those stones are like 99.99% or such, then those who raided this dragons are total losers :p
they shoud raid the local lotto shop and not waste their time on some virtual dragon :banana:
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

As for certain people using the US servers as an excuse for how the EU servers should be, bugger off, you dont even play these servers (any more), and frankly how GOA run things is NOT how Mythic runs things (even tho we pay the same). Because A is A in the US does not mean B is B in europe.
I'm sure some people would rather know the facts so that they realise despite GOA's servers costing more they're getting a much lower level of service, if you don't feel that way then fair enough, but I'm sure some would rather know when GOA are charging them more and giving them less. The main reason I left Euro was because of GOAs incompetence and scamming money from cancelled accounts and such so I have every right to complain about the fact I was ripped off for 2yrs by GOA and point out that they still haven't after all this time got their act sorted out.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Seanpaul
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanpaul »

just point the problem out on a friday news and be gone with it.
such QQ.

BTW requiel whats with the fckin mushrooms by TnmB? one mezzed my druid for 1min while trying to find Wug for epic, for such a waste of my time i should get free group purge :cow: .

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

[quote="Cuchuluhain"]my my Penlid, feeling sore are we?

guilty conscience due to you admitting cheating on the US servers?

aww poor baby, sorry you feel picked on.

ps, I was talking about our mod Extraordinaire Xest ]
What guilty conscience might that be? I don't have one :salute:
Inactive

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Penlid wrote:I do play these servers still, get your facts right. ...
http://www.pryd.net/showthread.php?t=2606

Make your mind up :o

How are others expected to know whether yu play or not when you don't know :p

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”