Please post experiences of item loss

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

rautio wrote:The vampiir had a couple of items that were very low level and could ot even use, she was equipped with chain vest for example.
Chain vest? Hope you get your stuff back btw!

/Ankh

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Tare wrote:It's not a question of if mate, it's a fact :)
Prices go up for two reasons
A: Items are rare
B: many people are looking for the same item.

You've got whole of Hibernia shopping for a new suit, the prices are going to skyrocket.

Then you won't find me spending my cash if indeed my chars are not restored, i will farm what i need to :p

rautio
Emerald Rider

Post by rautio »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Chain vest? Hope you get your stuff back btw!

/Ankh
Thanks mate, but as alot of us are affected it is a pain for many, for those theat have sc'd stuff and arti's wether activated or not it must be a real pain, just glad none of my mains, house vault and consignment merchant were affected.

:) Yep she had a chain vest which was green to her, starter shield and sword, then some vests you get upto to 25 in the char's inventory, have left her like this so GOA will see if they investigate.
Thanks

Rautio

:immediate

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

You've got whole of Hibernia shopping for a new suit, the prices are going to skyrocket.
Yup giving money was a bad idea. However, I assume that 75p is overstating the amount ? Presumably that is only for people who were hit really bad.

What would be better would be to give each person a pick of one of say 30 ROG items for each one they lost rather than cash. You lose a ROG sword and they generate 30 of them and you can pick the best one. Maybe add an npc to do it :). That way you add value to the economy rather than adding just cash.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Lairiodd wrote:Yup giving money was a bad idea. However, I assume that 75p is overstating the amount ? Presumably that is only for people who were hit really bad.

What would be better would be to give each person a pick of one of say 30 ROG items for each one they lost rather than cash. You lose a ROG sword and they generate 30 of them and you can pick the best one. Maybe add an npc to do it :). That way you add value to the economy rather than adding just cash.

You mean just like the test server was? =)

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

Simple as that. Won't bring in new money besides the salvage value but bring back the drops.

If they continue giving away money like that we will have three to four times the money around we have now plus we have much less items. Especially when we won't get replacement for all those spellcrafted MP armour parts. Expect hundreds of people in need of new MP armour + 75 plats on them...

Selling MP cloth boots 10 plat only!
Adwaenyth - Alathanne - Adianna -=- Face Down / Prydwen-Excalibur

European Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... ezones/eu/
World Clock - Europe:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... ent=europe

Aranor
Emerald Rider

Post by Aranor »

Lost everything on my finally toa'd and lvled bainshee. :( Sigh sigh sigh
Think it's bye bye pryd and back to lamorak for me. :(
Anael Bard
Aranor Hero
Zelnor Nightshade
Aranima Bainshee
Jael Blademaster
GM Celestius

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Counting it's like 5p to get to lgm tailoring, you have 75p on your char= hint hint.

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Yup and in fact the third cause of inflation is also present - more currency in circulation. The more they give away, the less each individual coin is worth, and with the same number of people competing for the same range of items, all the extra money does is guarantee a price increase.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Sounds they need to put up a CM with a bunch of MP stuff on it at a fixed price, with roughly the same amout of MP equipment that went missing. Economics gonna be totally furbarred otherwise.
Mael, 50th ment.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”