People dont use forums :(

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Alexandrinus wrote:when i look at GPK per example....1 year ago we have supported nearly 2FG 1 or 2 nights a week.

Last week we where down to 5 people wich plays under the week, wich means most the time when i logged on i was alone in the /gu.
Two of the 5 people told me they will not play much anymore because they had problems to get groups in RVR---->wich took us down to 3.

Anyways i also left behind GPK this week and moved on to an bigger guild where i have at least 5-8 people playing when i also play.

I thought GPK moved alliance to somewhere they could get RVR groups.

Anyway, you asked who had seen new players in the last month. As I said, I'd chatted to three new players in the last month, but they are levelling and will be a while before they arrive in rvr. Two of them are the type that prefer just playing around with low level alts, doing pve and crafting, so they may not be in rvr ever. There was also the odd returning player who already had level 50s. But its just who I personally have run into by chance, and doesn't mean anything about the game as a whole. I mostly do level 50 stuff, so I only really bump into new players when they are yelling for help because they can't find something.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

peeps do come to view the forum but as its been said, most people do not speak on it :)

we have near 200 one time (err yknow im not counted 10 times..that kinda thing..forgot the word..) views each month so peeps ARE comming here.

Most guilds have forums of their own now and arrange internal events.
Most people have done all the tasks they wished to do/needed to do on their main chars and no one is 100% angsty to get an alt through everything so less and less raids are posted.

Also, unfortunatly, there have been a few threads which HAVE turned bad - perhaps this is causing people not to post :(

We need gandelf to make some nice new threads :)

As for less people...well...last year people said DAoC was on its last year as not many people, in fact i think theyve said it every single year ive played the game.

'Lair of the minotaur' actually looks better than ive read about (seen screenys of the hib/alb/mid mino) so that might be better than peeps have thought.

I wouldnt worry until warhammer tbh :p Since everyone and their Budweiser bottle has said they will play it, that will cause some serious distress to both Daoc and WoW and any other online game that you can think of.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Seanpaul
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanpaul »

i spoke to a level 4 viking on mid 2 weeks ago, that i had to teach how to speak.

he then logged after i leveled him and said he was going back to warcraft for a while.

i pulled a sad face irl :(
So open your mouth and stick to your guns. You've gotta realise that she's indifferent. Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh what your name? just wont learn, here we go again.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Banana wrote:I wouldnt worry until warhammer tbh :p Since everyone and their Budweiser bottle has said they will play it, that will cause some serious distress to both Daoc and WoW and any other online game that you can think of.
I havn't seen anything about Warhammer yet which has interested me in the slightest LOL

I certainly don't currently plan on playing it.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

People keep calling me "new" or is that "noob".

Anyhow I am sure it is a compliment.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

actually this game is too good to die that easily. Seriously it offers a lot more than the existing games I have tried. I have looked around and given other games a chance but at the end of the day the play here is better. So its not as dead as you might think.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Now take your time and read comments on my post about 14 days trial here:
http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums ... php?t=5992

And realize that this game is ALREADY dead ^^
We are just trying to keep it alive artificially sadly :P
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Not sure it's dead just because some people at a new MMO site don't like it. This game isn't for everyone, but then no game is (I'm certainly not looking forward to Warhammer for one). What feels intuative to one person, doesn't to another. There were also the odd post in there who actually said they liked it Gahn.

The game will stop eventually - but then DAoC death has been predicted for ages (some people even said SI was going to be the death of DAoC - how could they make people pay for an expansion!!!). Hopefully they'll just do a huge server merge & we can all reside on some US server somewhere tucked behind the Warhammer servers. Once a week the coffee boy will come & check that all the lights are green & go back to making coffee or something.

You'd think if the game really was dead then there'd be more people posting on the forums with all their new found time ;).
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

[quote="Genedril"]Not sure it's dead just because some people at a new MMO site don't like it. This game isn't for everyone, but then no game is (I'm certainly not looking forward to Warhammer for one). What feels intuative to one person, doesn't to another. There were also the odd post in there who actually said they liked it Gahn.

The game will stop eventually - but then DAoC death has been predicted for ages (some people even said SI was going to be the death of DAoC - how could they make people pay for an expansion!!!). Hopefully they'll just do a huge server merge & we can all reside on some US server somewhere tucked behind the Warhammer servers. Once a week the coffee boy will come & check that all the lights are green & go back to making coffee or something.

You'd think if the game really was dead then there'd be more people posting on the forums with all their new found time ]

Main prob is most of ppl inc to game atm is coming from Wow.
They tend to find 2 major difficulties as i reckon from many posts round here and there:
a) There's fuck no1 at their level or very few peeps to group with compared to WoW (world channel would help here at a guess tho)
b) Interface is still difficult and less intuitive then Wow.

A game is already dead, imo, when little to no influx of new players starts to happen, and that started 1,5 years ago in Daoc more or less.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Strange - I found WoW horrible to play. Just didn't like the interface at all. Can't argue on the groups though, most people seem to be sat at fins (I'm even worse I do fins on my own - & I remember when I found them hard in a FG).

DAoC has always lacked influx as it had next to no publicity. I found out about it from someone who said it looked cool before it was released & I've never seen it advertised anywhere. Strangely enough the person who told me about it never played it & got a RL instead....
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”