Agramon's Mark

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Kallima

Post by Kallima »

pikeh wrote:i dont know exactly what you roleplayers get up to, but why is that so bad? surely its a talking point or smt, idk.

Sure... you are good aligned character, you are going to love having the mark of a demon on your forehead that may potentially do something nasty to you in the future. You can have nightmares every night about how it may take control of you and make you do terrible things. If your characters back history includes being a prisoner in Darkness Falls then they won't like it even more. Or you find that the person you are about to marry has the mark of a demon. Do you call off the wedding? Its a great talking point.

No, it does kind of mess things up. Seriously. A few weeks is one thing, but how long has this been going on for now? For a long time we avoided taking some characters where the heart of Agramon was because of roleplay consequences from getting the mark. Now we get the choice of letting albs take Dun Crauchon and the relics, or defending and getting stuck with the stupid mark.

Not many people roleplay seriously, so that side doesn't bother them, but there are some annoyed by being stuck with a pointless icon like this. Every few days someone asks, what is it, what does it do, how do I get rid of it.

Whatever its for they should get on with it.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

It has become an annoyance because it does use one of the buff icon spots. With so many effects possible now we need all the space we can get to see if we are warped or whatever.

Hope they get a move on and get whatever ingame activity they have in mind. I am so looking forward to travelling half the length of the realm to talk to one person, then travel all the way back again to get an item which needs to be delivered to someone else in a different corner. Maybe we will need to go to Agramon to get it removed, I can just see the horde of scouts waiting for us...

Damn do I sound pessimistic ;)
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

[quote="Belisar"]It has become an annoyance because it does use one of the buff icon spots. With so many effects possible now we need all the space we can get to see if we are warped or whatever.

Hope they get a move on and get whatever ingame activity they have in mind. I am so looking forward to travelling half the length of the realm to talk to one person, then travel all the way back again to get an item which needs to be delivered to someone else in a different corner. Maybe we will need to go to Agramon to get it removed, I can just see the horde of scouts waiting for us...

Damn do I sound pessimistic ]

Not nearly enough travelling in that example Beli, nor scouts & you missed out the mincers & infs too. Don't forget that you travel to find the person who will tell you who to see to remove who will then send you to see someone in the BoC, who will send you to kill a mob in Connla, who will turn out to not be evil & ask you to speak to someone in TnN, who will concoct a potion to use on said mob (but obviously you have to travel to Connla again after getting the ingredients from Treb Cail), then after giving the mob the potion you'll have to go back to TnN & explain that it worked & they'll send you back to see the bod in BoC who will send you to Agramon (via the original quest starting NPC) so that you can have the mark removed & you'll then meet the scouts & infs....

They'll also make the quest one that if you die at any step you'll have to repeat it from the very begining.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

I asked a GM and i got told that it was a secret and if he would tell me he had to kill me ;) Be patient the truth will come out soon.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Satyn wrote: Be patient the truth will come out soon.
How soon, days.. weeks... another year?
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Aran_Thule wrote:How soon, days.. weeks... another year?
your guess is as good as mine, but i'll ask again for you :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Maybe it's a bit like the "Eye of Sauron" from LotR? When Frodo was spotted by Sauron's Eye, he became physically weaker and felt the burden of the One Ring even more. Maybe Agramon's Mark is something similar and will affect the stats of those who bear it?

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

[quote="Satyn"]I asked a GM and i got told that it was a secret and if he would tell me he had to kill me ]

We have been waiting since last year... its now July. I thought about eight months before complaining about something causing you a problem was fairly patient. I'm kind of hoping it doesn't take months to do something about the consignment merchant problem.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Must...resist...sarcastic...comment...about...GOA...

IMO the best solution to the problems in this thread is to just not roleplay.

Okay okay, I can't possibly hold out from a sarcastic comment for two things at once, but I'm trying dammit :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Xest wrote:Must...resist...sarcastic...comment...about...GOA...

IMO the best solution to the problems in this thread is to just not roleplay.

Okay okay, I can't possibly hold out from a sarcastic comment for two things at once, but I'm trying dammit :p

<cries>

I wanna have fun.

<consoles herself with cake>

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”