small request

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Kabane
Emerald Rider

Post by Kabane »

hay satyn any time any place hun if u need a adder an im around just yell and ill gank em ALLLLLL at the end of the day if there red i attack i dont care wearther they a grey con or rr100 ill have a go,

Asfor Kivik if i had a m8 playing mid and i was on hib id add just for the hell of it!.
I see a red door and I want it painted black. No colours anymore I want them to turn black
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Arcsalin wrote:I cba, I kill all and I don't care who or what you are, you are just rp to me and the only respect I have is for myself and my rp meter. This game eats you all and you really should start thinking of feeding yourselves a bit more than breaking any sort of code of conduct which ever of you noobs (including mythic) dreamt up. Free for all is teh win imo, but then now i can just stfu as i don't even play any more xD
/agree I should stfu up too cos of the same reason :D
Kabane wrote:Asfor Kivik if i had a m8 playing mid and i was on hib id add just for the hell of it!.
I have to agree on this one too, it would be even more fun to kill somebody you know who plays in another realm than any unknown enemy!

/Ankh

kivik
Emerald Rider

Post by kivik »

Kabane wrote:Asfor Kivik if i had a m8 playing mid and i was on hib id add just for the hell of it!.
Or just:
Arcsalin wrote:I cba, I kill all and I don't care who or what you are, you are just rp to me and the only respect I have is for myself and my rp meter.
<The Wild Hunt>

Kiwik Druid

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

<ankh> wrote:But its just as much disrespect if you don't help somebody who from your own realm who asks for help. Tbh, I think its worse to ignore your own realmates than it is to refuse to add just because the guy from the other realm is concidered to be "a fair minded soloer".

I'm not saying that you shouldnt respect the other realms players.

/Ankh
Not sure that is the case. But it depends on your stand point, from a roleplay point of view, ofcourse you always have to defend the realm and your realm mates, however this isn't a roleplaying game for many people, including those who honourably solo.

To give an example where you might not consider it to be so clear cut, if you had an honourable soloer like Yrendan or Xrystopher for example who was in a 1v2 fight against 2 hibs, one of the hibs was already down and the second one started shouting for help (and they were say barker and xioeen) would you aid them?

I'm sure there is room for a roleplay prescedant as well in that situation. An honourable enemy being struck down by a dishounourable ally etc etc.

*edit
Should also pin my colours to the mast - i'm not particularly in the honourable solo camp myself, there are a few enemies I respect and I give them a surrender then a wide bearth - but in general when playing my eld I consider just about anyone fair game, though I wont add on 8v8 fights. Also a long time ago, I wouldnt of had any qualms about adding on anything, but nowadays I get more satisfaction from making these internal moral judgements rather than just killing everything I see. That I believe doesnt make me a noob, infact rather the opposite. ;)
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Its all situation dependant as far as I can see, I am still figuring it out and have a long way to go in fully understanding it. Personally people are more than welcome to express whatever their desire is in game I don't mind. At the moment I am more interested in understanding various different playstyles and studying why people develop rules of conduct.

The soloer issue seems to be the most complicated area.

I like the diversity of opinion in the game and its nice to see people becoming more tolerant of that especially on FH.

Now Satyn if it was a choice between saving you or ignoring a hairy troll - well you can guess who would win. ;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Cromcruaich wrote:Not sure that is the case. But it depends on your stand point, from a roleplay point of view, ofcourse you always have to defend the realm and your realm mates, however this isn't a roleplaying game for many people, including those who honourably solo.
You know...you and many others keep going on and on about the "roleplayer" way of playing the game. No offence, but its not about roleplaying or honour for that matter...its about having fun, and for some people its not really fun to die just cos their realmmates refuse to help them. But ofc - thats my opinion.

Edit: The constant use of "roleplayer" when ever somebody is not playing the "elite" way is quite silly tbh. I personally didnt roleplay when I played daoc...yet still people called me roleplayer all the time. The only ones that fully deserves to be called roleplayer are people like Artisans Of Willow imo.

/Ankh

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Aye, Satyn > All enemy soloers. Though I might have to pm them after to explain why I rained on there parade.

All is not equal anyway, its hardly fair for a high rr soloer to add on some poor rr1 noob. Its a minefield I tell ya.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

<ankh> wrote:You know...you and many others keep going on and on about the "roleplayer" way of playing the game. No offence, but its not about roleplaying or honour for that matter...its about having fun, and for some people its not really fun to die just cos their realmmates refuse to help them. But ofc - thats my opinion.

/Ankh
Roleplay is probably not the best word to use in this context. It is however intended to generally mean favouring realm mates over enemies within the context of the realm war. It's a shame you choose to respond to the use of the word 'roleplay' rather than the main thrust of my response about whether you feel that there is a situation in which you would favour an enemy player over a realm mate.

I shall endeavour in the future not to use 'roleplay' unless the term is trully warrented.

*edit
Just saw your edit Ankh, agree with you're point, should be used for artisans. Ive never used it in any context that has anything to do with 'elite' play or playing though. Thats not to say that other people dont use it to refer to 'everyone else'.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Cromcruaich wrote:Roleplay is probably not the best word to use in this context. It is however intended to generally mean favouring realm mates over enemies within the context of the realm war. It's a shame you choose to respond to the use of the word 'roleplay' rather than the main thrust of my response about whether you feel that there is a situation in which you would favour an enemy player over a realm mate.

I shall endeavour in the future not to use 'roleplay' unless the term is trully warrented.

*edit
Just saw your edit Ankh, agree with you're point, should be used for artisans. Ive never used it in any context that has anything to do with 'elite' play or playing though. Thats not to say that other people dont use it to refer to 'everyone else'.
Ah, but I wouldnt favour an enemy player over a realm mate in any situation unless it was 8 of us vs 1-2 of them. The game is after all about getting realmpoints and getting better and not about waiting around for the right opponent to attack. And I personally belive that if you help somebody in need of it - you will gain new friends or be able to ask them for help (rvr/pve) if you ever need any.

/Ankh

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

<ankh> wrote:Ah, but I wouldnt favour an enemy player over a realm mate in any situation unless it was 8 of us vs 1-2 of them. The game is after all about getting realmpoints and getting better and not about waiting around for the right opponent to attack. And I personally belive that if you help somebody in need of it - you will gain new friends or be able to ask them for help (rvr/pve) if you ever need any.

/Ankh
yeah Ankh the one thing you don't get is that the people on the other side can be good friends too. I send pm's to loads of Albs and Mids chatting about fights and so on. It is not something I did before but it helps you see that there is not simply one side to this. All of this said Satyn would still get my vote. Not every hibbie would though....

and like Crom says I would still do a search on their name and send them a PM to explain why I did what I did.

Roleplaying is not the right word here and I think you misread what he was saying. I did not see any attack on any playstyle. I can see a way to roleplay a Lone Wolf character who is an outcast from the realm it would be quite easy to do and could be fun if people were a bit more mature about roleplaying around here. If I played that character right though I would imagine he might find getting ML's and some such tough.. ;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”