Random PUG of DOOM Tuesday the 23rd May

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Animists or Bard here signing, depending on what you want :)
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Kishih
Emerald Rider

Post by Kishih »

Sharkith wrote:I am still waiting for peeps to sign up for this. It seems really odd to see people complain about FG play and then not come along for it. Is there something wrong with the way I have put it?

Or is there a requirement that is putting some peeps off?

Answers on a postcard here please. :)

Not interested in joining myself, just giving my 2 cents

I think the problem lies with the requirements of fully templated, fixed day in the week and voice com. Those who do meet those requirements are likely already involved in some kind of fixed group.

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Kishih wrote:Not interested in joining myself, just giving my 2 cents

I think the problem lies with the requirements of fully templated, fixed day in the week and voice com. Those who do meet those requirements are likely already involved in some kind of fixed group.

There's not that many fixed groups out there.... Getting templated isn't that hard (esp with scrolls dropping quicker than (I'll leave the metaphor to your imagination)), using voice comms is simple. So that leaves the day in the week & if it's a random thing (people that want group stuff, but haven't the time to commit) then surely that's a moveable feast??
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Kishih wrote:Not interested in joining myself, just giving my 2 cents

can you point me to where I said a requirement was on being 'fully templated'. When I said random I meant it. I also meant the casual nature of the venture why not come along and see what its like especially if you ever wondered what all that FG malarky was all about?

I can accept it might seem daunting but all I have asked for is a certain balance and the ability to at least listen on voice comms.

When people complain about not getting things like 'adding' and so on I can understand but here is an opportunity for people to have a chance to take a look at that style of play. It would be nice if they would come along and see what it is like to share a night with a bunch of people.

If not then I guess the kind of mutual indifference I see on these forums is probably justified.

I also said there would be other nights for other people so I can't see where this is being all exclusive and stuff, I guess people just don't want to know, which is their choice. I still intend to run this though even if the group is not full.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Kishih
Emerald Rider

Post by Kishih »

Sharkith wrote:can you point me to where I said a requirement was on being 'fully templated'. When I said random I meant it. I also meant the casual nature of the venture why not come along and see what its like especially if you ever wondered what all that FG malarky was all about?

I can accept it might seem daunting but all I have asked for is a certain balance and the ability to at least listen on voice comms.
Personally I have a problem with voice com. I don't mind people want to use them. But due to the set up of the pc in my home I won't use them myself. The pc is standing in the living room and my g/f is already asking me to keep the volume low. I don't want to use a headset and shut myself of from the rest of the room.

My personal opinion, let others state what they think about it.

Also, I appreciate the initiative you take and do wish you can get it going.

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Kishih wrote:Personally I have a problem with voice com. I don't mind people want to use them. But due to the set up of the pc in my home I won't use them myself. The pc is standing in the living room and my g/f is already asking me to keep the volume low. I don't want to use a headset and shut myself of from the rest of the room.

Hugs! Just don't shout in the mic, keep volume at a decent value and listen ^^ Afterall it ain't different than hearing stereo with an headset :)
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Urughai
Emerald Rider

Post by Urughai »

can bring my warden if the spot is still open, got no microphone but got vent installed for listening ;)
Urughai Ancalimon - Level 50 Warden - RR6+ - ML10 - CL5 - LGM Armorcrafter!
Buffsurug Ancalimon - Level 50 Druid - RR2+ - ML7.

E&E (Retired)
Proud Officer of Fallen Spirits!

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

[quote="Urughai"]can bring my warden if the spot is still open, got no microphone but got vent installed for listening ]

Good, seems we got a core of a group :)
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Kishih wrote:Personally I have a problem with voice com. I don't mind people want to use them. But due to the set up of the pc in my home I won't use them myself. The pc is standing in the living room and my g/f is already asking me to keep the volume low. I don't want to use a headset and shut myself of from the rest of the room.

BTW I didn't mean to seem terse in my reply. The idea here is to open up FG fighting to people who would normally not get a chance. We are not in it to win but in it for a larf. I do personally hope others would consider playing it.

As for your setup it is identical to mine. My computer is in the front room because to put it somewhere else would be totally cutting myself off. All you have to do is be sensitive in using voice comms and make sure you only do it a few times a week. Its not that much to ask - my partner would force me to watch some god awful telly otherwise! I have the earphones turned down low and I tend not to shout too loudly except for late at night when I have been drinking. Then I do sing occassionally. ;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

[quote="Urughai"]can bring my warden if the spot is still open, got no microphone but got vent installed for listening ]

okies your in.
Na Fianna Dragun

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”