GOA news

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Aerendur wrote:The way I read that. You do need to do the steps, but gaining the experience, like you have to gain masterlevel expierence, can be gained freely to not annoy you with farming experience just to gain the champion levels you have done.
That's how I understood it too but as I say you don't need to do the quest steps anyway.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

The news isn't very clear so I'll try to clarify it a bit.
It's written from the point of view that you'll want to do the quests at least once because they are cool and there's a great story behind them as well as some really nice set pieces, hwever you may not be looking forward to doing all the quests again and again for every single alt. Therefore, the news is telling you that you don't have to do the quests all over again if you don't want to.
Subsitute the words 'at all' for 'again' and it still works.

If you don't want to do the quests with any characters you don't need to, you can just chat to the king and PvE or RvR your way to CL5 instead whether you already have a CL5 character or not.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Just a note for people on the fastest way to move through CLs:

- Doing steps 1 and 2 of the quests can take around 2 - 4 hours, step 3 requires a very strong group and can be done in a couple of hours with that strong group however all this gives around 3 levels CL XP.

- RvR XP is the second fastest way of gaining CL XP, so to get 3 to 5 after the above method it's best to just RvR. Around 300k - 400k rps will get you CL5. This is the most accessible method because building a Co5 group for step 3 of the CL quests is a pain and it's also boring doing all the quests (imo)

- Quests are the next best way but you'll struggle to find enough quests to even get 1 CL usually

- Task dungeons second last, only beats standard xp'ing because of the task completion bonus

- Standard xp is the slowest way to gain CLs

If you just want the champion weapon without the bonuses until you reach CL5 then doing step 1 and 2 of the quests is the quickest way, means you can get your champ weapon in like 2 - 4hrs, you get all the stats and ToA bonuses just not the charges/procs until you reach CL5 - this is a good option if like me you rolled a new char and factored in your champ weapon as part of your SC suit and don't want to use some placeholder weapon whilst RvRing through the CLs until you get the weapon through that method.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Requiel wrote:If you don't want to do the quests with any characters you don't need to, you can just chat to the king and PvE or RvR your way to CL5 instead whether you already have a CL5 character or not.
Well, tbh! even if you complete all 3 chapters it wont make you CL5, so either way you gonna have to exp/rvr to get it. CL exp gained from doing the chapters might get you to CL3, but not much further. Unless you do the last bosses severla time and get sheephearder exp when doing it but that is counted as PvE imo as you aint doing a quest then!

The Chapters is just a mean to get to the Champion weapon before getting CL3 (you get the weapon after Chapter 2 which by the time you might have ~2 bubbles CL exp). It should be so much easier if people stoped mixing together the CL's and the Chapters as they are pretty much 2 different things.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

It's called shepherd not sheephearder!

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Like I care about that, fact is I am right, everyone else is wrong. If I say sheephearder then that it is!

and stop sending gay marriage proposal on msn damnit!
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

What is hearding anyway, is it like hearing or herding?

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Still don't understand this.

Once you have done the Chapters once on a 50th toon, you don't need to do em again for any other toon and you get the CL xp you'd get from them normally for free?
Mael, 50th ment.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Xest wrote:What is hearding anyway, is it like hearing or herding?
Its what you hear when you ding a level on daoc... Hear-ding! :D
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Takitothemacs wrote:Its what you hear when you ding a level on daoc... Hear-ding! :D
...now that's a bad joke if anything ]/Ankh[/B]

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”