Catacombs Patch contains Evita nerf :O

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Seanchai
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanchai »

Jupi wrote:
Also some of the ml were plain stupid and replaced some races i.e how many mana ments u see these days? Yes the are slowly coming back with aoe dot's but FOP replaced them imho.
I was a mana / mind mentalist once, after ToA respecced to Light / Mind and never once looked back :P
Seanchai - Mentalist Migraine Giver
Duchasa - Druid Cheerleader
Mycophycophyta - Animist Farmer
Draiodior - Eldritch Butler

<Eden Falls>

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Was thinking of trying mana for a laugh (still never tried it) but the amount of siege/zerg on prydwen atm don't really justify it, even just for a week or two. Idea of trying to solo with DoTs and baseline nuke as DPS don't exactly fill me with joy either.

Could be fun in a grp zerg bombing grp I guess.

Mael, 50th ment.

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

15 mins? make like the old IP imo - 30 mins. totaly I Win ml. :cheers:
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Dunno why people think 8 sec stun is that bad when slam is like a 9sec anytime stun with only a 45 sec reuse timer, does being non-purgeable really justify it to require a 15min reuse instead of a 45sec like slam? I get slammed all the time when purge is already down. Not saying FZ isn't overpowered but it's really no worse than slam and such at the end of the day, fact is if you're slammed you're just as fucked as if you're FZ'd half the time.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Xest wrote:Dunno why people think 8 sec stun is that bad when slam is like a 9sec anytime stun with only a 45 sec reuse timer, does being non-purgeable really justify it to require a 15min reuse instead of a 45sec like slam? I get slammed all the time when purge is already down. Not saying FZ isn't overpowered but it's really no worse than slam and such at the end of the day, fact is if you're slammed you're just as fucked as if you're FZ'd half the time.
Ok, I have to ask :), where do you get 45 secs. Surely, its 9 secs then 1 min immunity giving 69 second recast ?
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

VidX

Post by VidX »

immunity timers changed to be 5x the duration of the original effect for combat styles.

So a 9s slam gives an immunity timer of 45 seconds etc.

Changed in 1.72
Usp Caffeinechanter - level 6 Roasted Bean
Can find me as Manachanter in most things...
World of Warships [NA] mainly

usp:

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

Xest wrote:Dunno why people think 8 sec stun is that bad when slam is like a 9sec anytime stun with only a 45 sec reuse timer, does being non-purgeable really justify it to require a 15min reuse instead of a 45sec like slam? I get slammed all the time when purge is already down. Not saying FZ isn't overpowered but it's really no worse than slam and such at the end of the day, fact is if you're slammed you're just as fucked as if you're FZ'd half the time.
Well I can still PURGE slam. I can't be slammed while standing still and being bodyguarded. You can block, evade or parry a slam. You can't be slammed through walls. You can't be slammed 1000 Units away from your target.
Adwaenyth - Alathanne - Adianna -=- Face Down / Prydwen-Excalibur

European Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... ezones/eu/
World Clock - Europe:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... ent=europe

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

Adianna wrote:Well I can still PURGE slam. I can't be slammed while standing still and being bodyguarded. You can block, evade or parry a slam. You can't be slammed through walls. You can't be slammed 1000 Units away from your target.
* you can be slammed by alot of classes
* you can be slammed without purge
* you can be slammed by scouts followed by a critshot
* you can be slammed by a level 42 ML0 *THANE*

FZ in its current implementation was stupid; yes. But as Aran pointed out there's different ways to solve the problem AND there's more overpowered stuff in game. Summoning Mastery chanter doing Battler-encounter for a laugh = fine so far (and its faster then a mediocre FG bashing it up too!)

Grapple has no immunity-timer (in practice) and is probably more powerful then FZ at the moment is; especially in FG fights.
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Yus, but can be countered by ra's and don't mind losing if they down and someone has an ra up (hehe even on 2min timer). Stupid thing is FZ has no counter.

Menta rr5 ra is unpurgeable, but means me or my opponent can't attack for 20s. And as it stands it's a nice RA. Let me attack during that time without breaking it and it will be as stupid as FZ is.

Give casters soj tbh and will soon see how stupid it is.

Mael, 50th ment.

Seanchai
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanchai »

God yes! I propose that as a concession to mentalists for not getting Convoker, we lose Stormlord and get Sojourner instead :silly:
Seanchai - Mentalist Migraine Giver
Duchasa - Druid Cheerleader
Mycophycophyta - Animist Farmer
Draiodior - Eldritch Butler

<Eden Falls>

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”