Plea for Sanity

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Quinn,

I know you would not mean to patronise I just wanted you to know how it felt thats all. Perhaps being away you have not got the sense of it all as it has developed. I agree we can be polite we could even act collectively for once to send a strong message to GOA. I don't agree with anyone being abusive to anyone else directly. I do agree with the abuse directed at this company though. It is getting really really bad because like anyone I don't want to feel like this when I want to chill out.

Just to pass on information I am dropping from GM of the Marsh Horde and cutting my in game time to the two nights I am with Maxis RvR group. If on Friday night we have another bad night with lag I am cancelling my subscription which will run out in January.

I never make empty threats. I simply say what will happen and I never go back on my word.

After Friday I will comment again on how I feel. If people want to organise a protest day of not logging in or if they wish to move en masse to the US :

Penlid has pointed out on FH as follows:
Penlid wrote:Update: You can get a full account with expansions for $29 which is about £16. You get 14 free days and after that you pay £8 a month for account.

So £24 for a full US account, full support, many servers to choose from, and around 45 days play time.
I am up for moving and I will post a thread (if Friday is once more a disaster) asking who all wants to join me there. If there are not enough of us moving I will simply stop playing the game. I am not doing this at a snap. Here are my reasons and these have been developing over the last 5 months of in game time:

1) Customer support. It has always been poor and it never improved. I have waited for 14 days to have a a 'rightnow' reply. This is not how to treat people.

2) The server crash. GOA where unclear and very poor at the outset at coming clean about what had happened. They also subsequently failed to post an apology officially on their website to the community. That smacks of arrogance and contempt for the player base. Note I have never posted this before but it is how I have felt about them since that time. I will now go on record expressing that I feel that strongly about them. I even held this perspective away because I felt it would have made things worse here. They are simply unethical in their business practice.

3) Customer relations. I really like Requiel he has a heart and clearly cares about his job. However he waved the EULA at us in a contemptable fashion in the middle of that very unconstructive thread on stuff GOA had changed. Takit did start the thread but it became very negative and full of whine and I in no way condone people being personally abusive. That was wrong. Requiel however singularly failed when he waved an agreement in the following manner(http://www.prydwen.net/showthread.php?t=5912&page=2):
Requiel wrote: Let's see, what actually are we being paid for?
Terms and conditions wrote: Your subscription enables you to obtain an account (' Player Account ') for which you will be given personal identifiers (login and password to access DAOC, and login / password to manage your subscription) and entitles you to access DAOC functions permanently and as many times as you wish throughout the duration of your subscription, within the limits of the capacities of the servers on which DAOC operates (approximately 3500 players simultaneously per server).
Access to DAOC is guaranteed permanently, subject to maintenance and upkeep periods, operations to update servers and possible exceptional interruptions.......

....GOA will do their best to make your Player Account accessible permanently, except for interruptions required for technical and maintenance operations necessary for the a game like DAOC and referred to in article 1.
Those two provisions are the only obligations that we have to you in the terms and conditions that you accept when you create an account and log into the game. There's no reference to providing working XML, nothing regarding levels of service or even quality of the servers.
Given him saying this not so long ago and the quality of the current service I feel totally furious. This is the context in which I am responding - the quote above ("There's no reference to providing working XML, nothing regarding levels of service or even quality of the servers.") now smacks me in the face after each LD - and when you have 8-10 of those in one night thats a lot of slaps in the face.

Like I sad I will only be in game 2 nights from this day forward. If the service improves I will revise things if it continues as it was last night then its game over. Sorry but thats the way it is going to be. :( I thought they had this sorted as well. :(

Sorry Quinn I know you are trying to steady the ship. The guys here are so cool and the community will survive - I just wish we could and would all move I would given half a chance.

kind regards

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Sharkith wrote:Sorry Quinn I know you are trying to steady the ship. The guys here are so cool and the community will survive - I just wish we could and would all move I would given half a chance.

kind regards

Sharkith
What ever you chose to do just dont stop posting here ;)

Goodluck with a hard descision in the near future. Bad to read your feelings but seeing the reasons you listed i can understand. I'll just close the door on prydwen when all you guys are gone as i dont have time to level another toon on another server
finland:
holland:

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

[quote="Quinlan"]What ever you chose to do just dont stop posting here ]

Very keen to listen to your comments when u'll get in game and try to play with your beloved toon anyway ^^
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gahn wrote:Very keen to listen to your comments when u'll get in game and try to play with your beloved toon anyway ^^
You mean with the current lag problems?
finland:
holland:

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

I have two accounts on the US servers which I only played for a month.

The time zone difference was a killer.

Moving there with absolutely nothing and repeating all the work I have put in levelling characters and legendary crafters gets grim. I did a bit. The novelty wore off. People won't move there en masse and stick it out. I'm not even trying.

Open transit has problems. I'm not going to keep trying to do things where ld and lag is a problem. I can chat, roleplay, or go do something else until open transit is fixed. I don't think everyone getting stressed out on the forum is making anyone happy. There is snow outside here, go make a snowman and have a snowball fight.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Kallima wrote:I have two accounts on the US servers which I only played for a month.

The time zone difference was a killer.

Moving there with absolutely nothing and repeating all the work I have put in levelling characters and legendary crafters gets grim. I did a bit. The novelty wore off. People won't move there en masse and stick it out. I'm not even trying.

Open transit has problems. I'm not going to keep trying to do things where ld and lag is a problem. I can chat, roleplay, or go do something else until open transit is fixed. I don't think everyone getting stressed out on the forum is making anyone happy. There is snow outside here, go make a snowman and have a snowball fight.
Hmm, that's complete and utter myth. My sorc has less than 2 days /play and is lvl50, ML1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 BG, 8 done, Champion quest chapter 3, Erinys/GoV/Jacina's/Cloudsong/CB credit sorted. On Merlin there's about 3 ML raids a day starting at various times. Sure there are late raids but there's also early raids and regular time raids. I've pointed it out before that US server population is pretty equal to euro English server population all the way through the day and overtake the euro servers just past evening into the night. At the moment there's 547 on Pryd/Excal and 594, 551, 647 on the 3 standard US clusters so even at a time where the yanks and such are fast asleep the US populations are still higher. Only the French/German servers are better for euro players than US in that respect.

Sure it's not so fun to move on your own but there's a fair few euros over there already to get in touch with and Sharkith's suggestion is to move as a group which makes it all that more easy. Not to mention that in like 3 weeks max the US will have 1.81b which means just about every ML/Arti can be done with like 2 strong fg and scrolls will drop more making it even less painful than ever to role a new char.

I don't like to go on about the US servers because I just get *****ed at for it, but if you're going to spread misinformation like that and claim it's not a viable choice when it definetely is then I have to correct you. The only reason not to move US is if you'll miss your friends/community on euro, but if they move with you there's little problem. Time zones are better (no 5am relic raids due to solid 24/7 population), Service is far superior, Support is far superior, Patching is far superior, Feature set is larger (things like account splitting, working Herald etc.) and cost is the same, if not cheaper, moving there with all your friends is just a win/win situation tbh.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Ye, but RRs :(
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Quinlan wrote:Yes the 20 page thread about poisonspike has been closed. I honestly think everything there has been said in 20 posts.
I always seem to be commenting on mod issues, but I really wanted to ask something here. Do you really think it is within the remit of a mod to determine when a discussion has become complete?

I would have thought that if everything had been said in a discussion, the thread will sink on its own and that locking of threads was more to do with flames, etc.

I agree that in the 20 page thread I would think all the points had been covered. In fact, I was surprised people contributed to it after the first few pages. However, even if all the points in a discussion have been covered (which is always a matter of opinion) people may well want to contribute to either support or dispute one or more of those points. That's what discussion is about. If they are doing so in a way that is non-inflammatory and not offensive, I can't understand what the grounds for locking the thread is.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Xest wrote:but if you're going to spread misinformation like that
I stated my own personal experience. It may be different from your personal experience. It was how it was for me.

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

Xest wrote:Hmm, that's complete and utter myth. My sorc has less than 2 days /play and is lvl50, ML1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 BG, 8 done, Champion quest chapter 3, Erinys/GoV/Jacina's/Cloudsong/CB credit sorted. On Merlin there's about 3 ML raids a day starting at various times. Sure there are late raids but there's also early raids and regular time raids. I've pointed it out before that US server population is pretty equal to euro English server population all the way through the day and overtake the euro servers just past evening into the night. At the moment there's 547 on Pryd/Excal and 594, 551, 647 on the 3 standard US clusters so even at a time where the yanks and such are fast asleep the US populations are still higher. Only the French/German servers are better for euro players than US in that respect.

Sure it's not so fun to move on your own but there's a fair few euros over there already to get in touch with and Sharkith's suggestion is to move as a group which makes it all that more easy. Not to mention that in like 3 weeks max the US will have 1.81b which means just about every ML/Arti can be done with like 2 strong fg and scrolls will drop more making it even less painful than ever to role a new char.

I don't like to go on about the US servers because I just get *****ed at for it, but if you're going to spread misinformation like that and claim it's not a viable choice when it definetely is then I have to correct you. The only reason not to move US is if you'll miss your friends/community on euro, but if they move with you there's little problem. Time zones are better (no 5am relic raids due to solid 24/7 population), Service is far superior, Support is far superior, Patching is far superior, Feature set is larger (things like account splitting, working Herald etc.) and cost is the same, if not cheaper, moving there with all your friends is just a win/win situation tbh.
tbh u all pryd peeps should get together, discuss the destination server and move ALL ur butts to US.
Sorted.
sure is hard to leave chars behind, but u gonna get over it pretty fast, trust me ;)
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”