[Discussion] Server down 15.11

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

By the way, how do you get access to the US Servers?
I'm sorely tempted not to renew my GOA subscription and move to the US instead. They don't have all these disconnection problems and character stripping in the US, so I am told.

Please someone send me details using a pm. Thanks.

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

There isn't going to be a repeat of the Prydwen problem with databases getting corrupted and needing to be manually restored. The very worst case scenario has us rolling back to 6am this morning (tuesday) and that's only if our teams and Mythic's teams can't rectify the problem. A rollback is the absolute last resort however and we'll only do that if there's no other alternative but there's no way that people will lose items or similar.

levelnix
Emerald Rider

Post by levelnix »

Requiel wrote:There isn't going to be a repeat of the Prydwen problem with databases getting corrupted and needing to be manually restored. The very worst case scenario has us rolling back to 6am this morning (tuesday) and that's only if our teams and Mythic's teams can't rectify the problem. A rollback is the absolute last resort however and we'll only do that if there's no other alternative but there's no way that people will lose items or similar.
imo roll back and go on.......
levelnix

Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

levelnix wrote:imo roll back and go on.......
i camped cs for 2 weeks now non stop whenever i could and finally got it tonight...doubt you would ask for a rollback in my situation, so think before you post.
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

ohh well, im past bothering to flame, theyve got me by the balls with all the time ive invested in this game, and they know it.

Tell em to get it back up for rvr tommorow evening Req.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Thallium
Emerald Rider

Post by Thallium »

Requiel wrote:There isn't going to be a repeat of the Prydwen problem with databases getting corrupted and needing to be manually restored. The very worst case scenario has us rolling back to 6am this morning (tuesday) and that's only if our teams and Mythic's teams can't rectify the problem. A rollback is the absolute last resort however and we'll only do that if there's no other alternative but there's no way that people will lose items or similar.

Unfortunately, i have obtained several items and artifact credits after 6 am, so if your worst case scenario would take effect (which i believe to be highly likely knowing the history of the english servers), i would lose items. I do understand the difference between this and a datacorruption which would cause some characters to be stripped, but missing out on the items i have obtained (not going to start about tonight's ML5 raid), is bad enough as it is, and i would call it 'missing items'.
Sculp
Steady Slobbin
Thallium
Tyligo
Kenpachi
Matje

<TDD> & <Agony>

Dotster
Emerald Rider

Post by Dotster »

can not beleive ppl whining about what they farmed today and it may be lost. im one of the very unlucky one's to still not get any of my items back from the stripping that took place over 2 months ago so for ppl to moan about it is silly' when requiel said its THE LAST THING THEY WILL DO unless they need to
maybe im back

New Toon Tripler - VW lvl 49uk:

all chars are gonedoh:

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Thallium wrote:Unfortunately, i have obtained several items and artifact credits after 6 am, so if your worst case scenario would take effect (which i believe to be highly likely knowing the history of the english servers), i would lose items. I do understand the difference between this and a datacorruption which would cause some characters to be stripped, but missing out on the items i have obtained (not going to start about tonight's ML5 raid), is bad enough as it is, and i would call it 'missing items'.
I'll say it again. A rollback is the absolute last resort. Currently the reported problems are not that severe. We'd rather live with the fairly minor problems that have been reported so far - assuming that the original problem is found and fixed - than roll everyone back.
The servers are down as a precaution as we want to limit the potential for damage if the problem is worse than it initially appears.

Thallium
Emerald Rider

Post by Thallium »

Requiel wrote:I'll say it again. A rollback is the absolute last resort. Currently the reported problems are not that severe. We'd rather live with the fairly minor problems that have been reported so far - assuming that the original problem is found and fixed - than roll everyone back.
The servers are down as a precaution as we want to limit the potential for damage if the problem is worse than it initially appears.

I know what you've said, i am merely saying that i have little confidence in your company. You are talking about a worst case scenario, and to avoid any disappointment yet again, i will consider that scenario to be well possible. And these fairly minor problems that have been reported, would that be the failed ML5 raid amongst others? And fairly minor, is that on the same scale as 'small amount of accounts' that were affected by the database corruption a couple of months back?
Just wondering, as the definition of minor is ofcourse very subjective.

Don't get me wrong, i do think it's a good idea to prevent such drama from happening again, but judging by history combined with my altogether faith in GOA, i can't say i am really thrilled at the idea of having any rollback in addition to the damage alrdy done. So yes, i am not very optimistic, but then again, over time there has been given very little reason for me to stay positive about matters regarding accounts.

Dotster wrote: can not beleive ppl whining about what they farmed today and it may be lost. im one of the very unlucky one's to still not get any of my items back from the stripping that took place over 2 months ago so for ppl to moan about it is silly' when requiel said its THE LAST THING THEY WILL DO unless they need to

I have had chars of myself stripped as well, and yes it was and is a pain. I can imagine you're frustrated about it not being fixed yet, i know i would be.

Things like 'last thing they will do' don't matter much to me, i find the very possibility of it happening frustrating enough as it is. Can't say i agree with you referring to my post as 'moaning' though.

I was trying to make a point that although Requiel may want to make it sound like everything is under control and the customers won't notice any losses besides the time lost on the evening itself, there is definitely a chance of losing items simply because of the (in my book reasonable, and in your book slim) chance of a rollback to early morning of Tuesday.

Bit exaggerated to react with that tone and calling it moaning imho, but perhaps if i had to wait over 2 months till my char(s) were playable again i would respond the same way.

Anyway, enough with the pessimistic expectations for now, we'll see tomorrow. I sincerely hope i am proven wrong though, not just for my own sake but for all of us.
Sculp
Steady Slobbin
Thallium
Tyligo
Kenpachi
Matje

<TDD> & <Agony>

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

if the time to fix the problem is >then the rollback time we should be rollback, i really want to play on weekend

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”