Classic Server... in English!! Hoorah!!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Well i had planned to visit classic servers as i admit they will be fun. I am aware to some of the background of them in that you won't be strictly limited to playing one realm only and that shares at least an essence of camlann.

I already know the name of my runemaster on there at least when it comes up (a certain two ronnies sketch that spike milligan wrote) :)

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

I think this is a bad bad idea. It is not a classic server it is a non-ToA server. Instead of ToA'ing characters you will be farming in Catacombs areas for equipment, hardly classic ;P. If it was without Catacombs, NF and all that I would maybe consider it but when it aint really a classic server and will decrease the numbers of players on the normal servers which is also something I dont want to see happen.

The concept of a classic server is nice, just a shame that this really is not a classic server seems to be the issue here :)
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

Quinlan wrote:Instead of 2 weeks in TOA you spend 2 weeks in Darkspire

Fun
what do you mean 2 weeks in toa its taken us on middy excal 6 months (playing 2 nights for 4 hours) and finally we are ready \o/
Albion : Arod (tic) Ponies (cleric)
Midgard : Cavewark(sham), Augwark(healer), cursiara(warlock), mistieral(valkyrie)
Hibernia : Bastilia (vamp)
Albion (glast) : Zalasta (sorc) awark(wiz) mincer (minstrel) + others
DAOC E&E find me on any char for assistance.

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

Teador wrote:been said enough, bad idea. Last thing we need is to split up the community as it is and this new server is going to achieve that.

And i hardly think toa was a problem, my brother bought the game 1 week ago he is now lvl50 without plvl has a full sc suit and is 2 out of 6 arti's short of completely his template. And he works 40 hours a week so do the maths.

oh and from what i hear if u do go to classic and don't go hib, look out for vamps since they are by far the deadliest class in the whole server
sureeeeee i believe you :p
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

porkbelly
Emerald Rider

Post by porkbelly »

well its gonna be good for people without buff bots like me :) .

so i say bring it on and lets see how good people play with only there own buffs .
Marshhorde Officer
porkbelly - Ranger RR7.3 ML10
redbelly - Animist ML9
smellybelly - Druid ML10
littlebelly - Enchanter
yellowbelly - Bainshee
elderbelly - elder
bellyflop - Vamp
tothotspurfc - Nightshade
dellboy - Buffbot

Ethild
Emerald Rider

Post by Ethild »

It is released in Europe at the same time DR is. That will allow people to self buff anyway.
<Severance> GM.
Ethilds RR9 Warden
Minikene RR6 Ranger

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

awarkle wrote:what do you mean 2 weeks in toa its taken us on middy excal 6 months (playing 2 nights for 4 hours) and finally we are ready \o/
The on classic for you it would 6 months of Darkspire farming ;)
finland:
holland:

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gandelf wrote:
I've often heard players complain that ToA artefacts have created problems, so really a Classic server would restore the game to how it used to be just after SI and before ToA. There will be no ML rushes, which will mean more players in the Frontiers, more players in the towns and cities, crafters feeling "wanted" again etc. etc.
It will just shif from TOA to the catacombs clients Gandelf. I cant see how that would bring more people to the 'classic' frontiers and cities.
Gandelf wrote: Battles are over in RvR so quickly these days... it used to be so much more fun when they lasted ages, with realms slogging it out on the battlefield.
Actually from my experience group fights last just as long and maybe longer since people have more tools to keep each other alive.

What i think will happen is that alot of set groups will move to the Classic server. This would mean that for a person moving alone it will be alot harder to get even a pick up group. This has been an issue on the US servers too. Furthermore the community will be alot different from Hib/Pryd since their will be alot of germans/french who cant or will barely speak english.
finland:
holland:

Fifta
Emerald Rider

Post by Fifta »

Ah the joy!
More population seperating!
Foir, Beigarth, Zorm, Candor, Koboldvakten, Skogbotten
<Crimson Tears>

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

It's not just about getting items. Possibly that aspect of it will not change as much as we hope, but there are other points to consider.

You won't need to spend ages getting MLs.

ML abilities won't exist in combat. Yes, this means no FoP, but it also means no grapple, no mezz poison, no group stealth, no banelord, etc.

The RR differential will be much less for a long time. So you won't find yourself facing groups with an extra 9000 HPs, faster purge, MoCing casters, etc. The differential will eventually grow again, but it will take some time to get as bad as it is on prydwen these days.

The population seperating might be a big problem, but for those who move to classic it might not be. It's likely to be a very busy server.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”