"Resistance Piercing" buffs for classic primary casters...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

A cap around 330~ DEX wouldnt be too bad, casters cast already very fast - and there damage doesnt decrease per spell when they cast faster either.

Anyhow I think casting-damage is way over the top, once this was a fair trade-off because of no defense, but added AF-buffs, BT, Brittles, spec-AF, bodyguard etc etc. kinda threw balance away.
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

The Empty Mind
Soldier's Barricade
Dashing Defense
Stoicism
Determination
Ignore Pain
Testudo
Ferocious Will

...evidence that tanks are not as helpless as they would have us believe. There are other abilities too, not mentioned above. Not to mention also that they get to wear better armour and have heaps more hitpoints, and they can train AoM if they so choose. Everything that can be capped, is capped, so casters need more in the way of spells to strip away resistances so that they can do the damage that is rightfully theirs to "dish out". It's their way to make up for being physically weak and able only to wear cloth armour.

Melee classes are always the first to whine about casters being overpowered, but they've always done that.

It's time to turn the tables.

:gandelf:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Gandelf wrote:The time is right for classic primary casters to protest... they've been neglected for far too long!....So how about it Mythic? Put casters back at the top of the food chain... where they rightfully belong!!

not got a clue what buff youre on about but thanx gandelf :) i needed the smile :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Puppet wrote:A cap around 330~ DEX wouldnt be too bad, casters cast already very fast - and there damage doesnt decrease per spell when they cast faster either.

Anyhow I think casting-damage is way over the top, once this was a fair trade-off because of no defense, but added AF-buffs, BT, Brittles, spec-AF, bodyguard etc etc. kinda threw balance away.

But every attribute has a cap, if you think about it...
There are only so many points an attribute can ever be, when you've got all the best armour, weapons, jewellery, buffs, etc. etc.
Yes, there may not be a specific figure that certain attributes are capped at, but there is an upper limit based on what items may be combined, with buffs etc. to give a maximum possible upper limit.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Banana wrote:not got a clue what buff youre on about but thanx gandelf :) i needed the smile :)

Something like this, that Heretics get:

Magic Pierce Buff
Lv. Spell Name: Value Cast Cost Targ.
10 Arawn's Precision +1% 3 sec. 5P Self
20 Arawn's Accuracy +3% 3 sec. 10P Self
30 Arawn's Clarity +5% 3 sec. 15P Self
40 Arawn's Acuity +7% 3 sec. 20P Self
50 Arawn's Cunning +10% 3 sec. 25P Self

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

Gandelf, are you seriously seriously? You dont find that casters are to Overpowered as it is?
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

but arnt heritics sposed to work without buffs? like vamps?

/edit and i think gandelf is onto something here. Nana is so underpowered its silly.. the yellow mobs nearly reach her and dont get me started on silly resists...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Banana wrote:but arnt heritics sposed to work without buffs? like vamps?

/edit and i think gandelf is onto something here. Nana is so underpowered its silly.. the yellow mobs nearly reach her and dont get me started on silly resists...

Nope, I've a level 24 (atm) Heretic (aka as "Tics") on Excal. He has loads of buffs available... str/const, melee buff, damage shield, dexterity, etc. Just take a look at the spell list on Camelot Herald. What's more the Tic may also receive buffs from other classes, like Mana Crack etc.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Dunno, they might need love...the 2-3 sec it usually takes for a caster who gets a clear shot to kill me should be reduced to 1-1 ½ sec ..

Tbh, they should get secondary spell too.... enemy res... would be good if they could instantly res us and then insta kill us again :) we dont want them to have to wait too long for more rp!

/Ankh

Succi
Emerald Rider

Post by Succi »

And your suggesting changes to rvr after having a char over a year and not hitting rr5... ok

try again

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”