GOA's ROG items are a load of poo!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

gandelf my dear, when you asked in guild where the merchant were i warned you not to use it. You did anyway ... told you it was on pryd.net that the items werent that good.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Blight
Emerald Rider

Post by Blight »

It still doesn't look to be Cyrek standard of rog items though. Now I only blew 5 plat on it, but anyway, I've had more luck with Cyrek rogs.
Blight eld ml 10
Blaeght mana eld ml 10
Mrbond shade ml 10
Maryan ment lgm tailor ml 2 (house 3259)
Laraev hero ml 5
Nina chanter ml 10
Lukkoye bard ml 8
Shroomss animist
Lokan bm ml 10
Buffysvamp bb and legendary armorer
http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s.php?u=Leetl

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Gandelf wrote:Well, if "sh" word is a swear word... then I'll eat my hat!

The spelling of it as "S" "H" "E" "I" "T", I hope will be appreciated in its ethnic context. I did not wish to Anglicise the word, but rather present it in the more acceptable central-European dialect, in the same vein that "Winer" would become "Weiner" and thereby represent and appeal to the bulk of European DAoC players.
you still swore.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

95% of RoGs are total shit anyhow. The aim of the merchants as I see it is two fold:

a) A clever way to act as a cash sink and remove all the excess plat flying about while peeps 'gamble' on getting a good RoG (perhaps without backtracking and winding peeps up by giving those who are later in the item replacement queue less money).

b) Restore the number of RoGs on the CMs back to regular levels (tho' I can't say myself if there was a shortage, as I never looked, guild vaults, etc prolly still full of them).
Mael, 50th ment.

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

There's some pretty good stuff among the items. Got several Items like a bracer with 14% buff bonus and some other stuff on it from one of my tokens. Another one gave me a ring with 10% power pool and one had 10 acuity cap.
Adwaenyth - Alathanne - Adianna -=- Face Down / Prydwen-Excalibur

European Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... ezones/eu/
World Clock - Europe:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... ent=europe

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

I used 14 Magical Gems on the jewerly....sold everu item 2 mins later! lol :D

/Ankh

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Adianna wrote:There's some pretty good stuff among the items. Got several Items like a bracer with 14% buff bonus
I also got some reasonable gear - short of bracers though and given the lack of availability of these on CM's atm I could really have done with 1 or 2.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Adianna wrote:There's some pretty good stuff among the items. Got several Items like a bracer with 14% buff bonus and some other stuff on it from one of my tokens. Another one gave me a ring with 10% power pool and one had 10 acuity cap.
Thing is though you can take an ML9 chanter or a ment with a sally upto Runihura, ML2.10 and get those kind of stats for free out the chests but also potentially get a SoD and some nice standard loot too - all without needing to burn money.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Quinlan wrote:Seems you dont get the RANDOM object generation........

You have to be lucky to get a nice item that fits your char..RANDOM being the keyword

Yes all random both Qual and stats, could end up with a rather nice item, still could aswell be crap, worth maby 50g or less if sold ;<
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

yes but whats rubbish to you might be useful to someone else, personally i think the best thing would be to put the RoG's you dont want up on a CM for 1pp.
If everyone did this then there should be something im most areas.
There hasnt been much Rog on merchants for a long time, been looking for a rein vest with buff bonus for about 6 months but never saw any up there.
(and for those asking why its for when i use self buffs and also activates the GSV buff which i keep forgetting.)
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”