Arrogance from GOA >.<

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Lothandar wrote:I dare not to imagine the massive resources needed to grant credit to someone !
It isn't the effort to grant it to the first person, its the effort to award it to all the other people when they find out you can get "free" credit by contacting Rightnow. This is another example of where legit players lose out cos people would take advantage.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

Requiel wrote:stuff
Requiel just an OT post, how come you don't post on FH any more? I think I know the answer though :>

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

I do post on FH, I just don't feel the need to keep posting the same damn thing 500 times in the same thread.

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Requiel wrote:The problem is that the encounter works. We can test it and it will work perfectly everytime, we can look at the code and the requirements and se that nothing is misconfigured, literally thousands of other people have done the step with no problems. That doesn't leave a lot to work with regarding fixing the bug.

If it doesn't work for you then one of three things is possible.
1: You didn't complete the encounter correctly. As it's not possible for us to check every single detail after the fact as many things which may be relevant aren't logged, it's impossible for us to say whether or not you did it correctly.
2: There is a bug with your character somehow preventing you from recieving credit. I have seen this happen once and once only and the circumstances surrounding it were pretty unique.
3: Some kind of database glitch prevented the system from awarding you credit. I'm not a database admin so I can't go into detail here, but someone who is explained how sometimes latencies between very large databases communicating with each other can introduce one-off bugs like this.

What we do when things like this are reported is as follows. We check the encounter to make sure that there are no wrongly set triggers or actions. We check to see if there are any requirements that your character doesn't meet. We test based on the information in your initial report to see if we can reproduce the bug. Usually we can't, very rarely we can and when we can the details are sent to Mythic so that the bug can be fixed.

What we can't do is give you credit (mostly for the reasons in case 1 above). In this case the CM was correct in what he said although I think he meant to say 'We realise that bugs should not be part of the game' rather than that they should be part of the game. Other than that, there's not a lot that he can say to you as the only answer he can give you is the one answer you don't want to hear.

Thank you Requiel, why couldn't I have had this answer in the first place when clearly one of your 'sorry to say this' gimps gave me a crap answer that didn't answer the question? If GOA had given me this in answer in the first place then there would be no need for this thread :(

But more to the point, I don't see the apology which to be honest is necessary, not only for answer but for the way things are in game - you seem to acknowledge this person made a mistake in the answer that was made. You seem also to be trying to patch up things by covering over it. An old political term for this was 'fudge'. It's not that I don't want to listen, I just found his/her answer unacceptable and complacent. The fact is that the company is accountable to their customers by the service they offer, and by the original terms of the answer I was given ie the bug and his/her mistake in the reply. You have to agree that this does not look good from your point of view or anyone elses.

I would have prefered the answer you have given to the previous one but still I am not infused by confidence as it does not assure me that the next time I do this encounter that I will get it. Perhaps some community manager supervision would benefit us both for the next time I get the opportunity to complete this trial?

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Rejecta wrote:Requiel just an OT post, how come you don't post on FH any more? I think I know the answer though :>
tis the smiles - everyone loves teh smilies :D

:nana: :bunneh: :satyn2:
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Banana wrote:tis the smiles - everyone loves teh smilies :D

:nana: :bunneh: :satyn2:

/hug to nana xD

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

I just did 6.1 with my bard and DID NOT GET CREDIT.

Great.

Letharon is the name, haje-urai is the suck.

I am not bullshitting btw, I even got a pic of it. If my word is not enough Lairiodd.

Edit: How about this, award credit to people who can prove they are entitled to it? I don't see what's the problem with this.

Rather than "oh so because some people (a mere handful of not-so-honest ones) would try to cry for credit without any proof we punish everyone who gets screwed by the bugs found in the game." :)

Addon: The fact that "am-he's fire" mobs are zerging near the lava (like 20 in each bunch) doesn't help either. Killed 40, hope it helps oO (killed fireballs, oh the fun)

Addon2: This seems to have freed up some spawn slots so I can spawn snakes by suiciding (fun2)[found haje normally the first time]. I will relog before killing haje-urai, if I manage to pop one.

Addon3: Yay, after a hour or so extra wasted, the 2nd haje-urai gave me credit.

I link the pic of the error though, as I am quite unhappy about it (also knowing goa wouldn't lift a single finger to help me)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

=/ >.<

you did the encounter wrong ofc, because you mezzed it and then an enemy mob killed it QQ. Ofc utter bollox, but just for you i'll grant you credit because bugs are an acceptable part of the game and this is what you pay for :>

Btw i haven't played today in protest (peacefully ofc) because they say it's ok to rip me off for my subs and i know the law (english) and i know it isn't. But there ya go, i've just been through unfair dismissal etc and throughout that i've been enlightened to lots of law. I've just taken legal advice on this one and sorry GOA you owe me end of clause.

Sardine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sardine »

its a game, grow up. poke:
gone...

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

Requiel wrote:I do post on FH, I just don't feel the need to keep posting the same damn thing 500 times in the same thread.
Why don't you spam useless crap like the rest of us :D?

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”