New Server Type for the US Game

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Botond wrote:PL? like the lvl12s would PL the lvl1s or sommat? :D
He he

i actually ment fg of people not leaving there comps for 2 days to get to 50 from lvl 1
finland:
holland:

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Moley:) wrote:Bleh wonder if the english server will add it .

At the moment the line from GOA is ...

Response (CM_EN)06/07/2005 03:33 PM
No there are no plans to open a new English server. We simply don't have the player base to warrant one at the moment.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Briannon wrote:At the moment the line from GOA is ...

Response (CM_EN)06/07/2005 03:33 PM
No there are no plans to open a new English server. We simply don't have the player base to warrant one at the moment.
That is regarding a new normal rvr server. Dont take it out of context. Atm the GOA stance is " " as they have not commented on it
finland:
holland:

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Quinlan wrote:That is regarding a new normal rvr server. Dont take it out of context. Atm the GOA stance is " " as they have not commented on it

You're making a big assumption that that was the question I asked GOA, which it wasn't. The question I asked was

I don't suppose there are any plans afoot to introduce new english language servers to provide an alternative to the cluster, or perhaps a roleplay server, or a co-operative server? These options might make me reconsider re-opening the accounts in the future.

The answer I got was what I posted earlier. So, I ain't taking it out of context. The line seems straightforward enough - the player base is only big enough to support two english language servers.

Killder
Emerald Rider

Post by Killder »

Am I in the minority that actually likes ToA?

Cant see the point in 'special' servers designed purely for the most vocal of VNBoard whiners.

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Killder wrote:Am I in the minority that actually likes ToA?

Cant see the point in 'special' servers designed purely for the most vocal of VNBoard whiners.

No I don't think you are in a minority Killder: many people like ToA. However, there are a number of people who don't and who feel it has unbalanced the game and introduced greed into the game.

The vote for the new type was done in a number of ways - login polls (where the question pops up on first login after survey launced), feedback through the herald and an on-line web-based poll for ex and potential new players. Mythic monitor boards but have said repeatedly they make no decisions based purely on message board comments.

I will try the new server type to see how it plays.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Briannon wrote:You're making a big assumption that that was the question I asked GOA, which it wasn't. The question I asked was

I don't suppose there are any plans afoot to introduce new english language servers to provide an alternative to the cluster, or perhaps a roleplay server, or a co-operative server? These options might make me reconsider re-opening the accounts in the future.

The answer I got was what I posted earlier. So, I ain't taking it out of context. The line seems straightforward enough - the player base is only big enough to support two english language servers.
So still out of context since you didnt ask about a non toa/ranged buffs server :) And there are 3 english servers
finland:
holland:

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

I sure hope the buff thing will extend to all servers.

I like most of ToA, one thing I don't like is what the artifacts has done to crafting.

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

I would definately play if it came to europe, well id give it a chance. We could do one of the old hib/pryd xp zergs 3 days to lvl 40 :p
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Killder wrote:Am I in the minority that actually likes ToA?

i like the idea of ToA, and the rewards that you get out of it, but i dont like the process and trouble you have to go through for all of this.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”