Camlan - aaaarrrrrggghhhhh

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Camlann DAoC is probably the most annoying and frustrating game i have ever played. unless you can find a place to xp where no-one else runs past (it dosent matter what con they are, they WILL kill you) you will get bored very quickly. I rolled a shade there , and i think hes down to around 25 base con, without enough money to buy it back. (i have around 25 rps on him as well, so its not like i didnt try)
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Evulweebeastie wrote:roll a OP char eg BD /level 20 then stop at lvl 9 and go train... then /safey off then suicide on a purple con then /release city, train in peace get level armour then of pwn :>

Sounds like a tactic - I may try that.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

camlann will take your soul if you let it :( dont go back bri!
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Hubuchu
Emerald Rider

Post by Hubuchu »

Actually, having played Camlann for the last Year, I just don't understand you guys.
Whenever I feel like creating a new toon, I create it in the realmaccording SI-city, click myself to 20 and start hitting whatever comes my way, preferrably high purps so I don't lose con.
/release city and train/get armor then exit to whichever city thats bound to the capital.
Either that or get killed and release back to the same place and pick up your own loot, porting money! And enough timer to train if you're quick. ^^

Anyhow, I agree on some points, Camlann is EXTREMELY hard on ones nerves, god know how much furniture I've smashed to pieces.

Yet again, it's the only place where you can actually pwn people without BB/ML10/RR10 and wtfpwn artis.

I've taken out FGs with old moc and just traldors+bom and SI template(Yes they were german) on several occasion, how often does that happen on prydwen?

Anyhow, it's RvR to it's extreme, got the ups of it times 10 and the downs times 10.

For me it's perfect since I hate grinding through mobs and PL has come to the point of boring beyond belief, PKing through levels suits me more than fine.

But as said before, some people like it, some don't.

I'm glad I'm back to pryd ^^ some nice people here atleast!

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

I have a level 39 Sorc on camlann and yes I understand how annoying it is when you first start out. Here's a couple of tips anyway if you want them but i find camlann to be ok because i am generally smarter than the average bear on there and have pve'd and pk'd mostly without problems.

Rule 1 : DO NOT EVER ROLL A BD ON CAMLANN, peeps on camlann absolutely hate them and not for the reasons stated earlier. I know you won't get much sense out of camlann forums (FH) as they are a wacky but funny bunch once you get to know them but what they say is wise to an extent. BD's are far from OP in camlann and a good player will take them down any time. Peeps on camlann come looking to chain bd's because they hate them so much.

2 Get to know the mobs and the map, this is fairly obvious as you will need money and to be able to xp in peace. This really is no different from rvr servers as we all want peace and mobs to ourselves at certain times, although it will be interesting how camlann will change with the arrival of catacombs :)

3 Timing : When i play camlann for money i usually find a remote spot that peeps won't come to pk you and timing has an important factor in this too. Playing off peak times helps a great deal, although you will find a remote peep looking to pk and xp at the same time. Often peeps will just ask for peace but be careful as they can and will double cross you, which in all fairness is all part of the fun.

4 Pick somewhere remote to start your char and not in the main cities if you are going to /level. If you are going to want to start in the main cities then please don't /level. Start your char normally, xp ur ass for a horse ride and then some for cash and then gtf outta there and then /level. Other advice is if you want straight to pk'ing and your options are to start in somewhere like gothwaite is to take the boat to toa and then port from oceanus to the city of your choice to get your free armor - you don't need money for that :)

5 Make friends and enemies, always keep your enemies in your friends list along with your normal friends to keep tabs on them.

6 Find like minded peeps : You won't get a good guild till forty anyway(always avoid Horde as they are a majority of lamers with just a few good peeps in them), and when you start a level 20 char peeps are hungry for rps from the off so they can pve/pk easier in less time with better results earlier than most dream of in rvr servers. Not all level 20's are like this but if you con even green to them then it's likely you will be food.

7 TOA : At all times possible don't use the djinnis in toa because peeps will camp spawn points to wtf pwn ur ass as you pop, guilds like horde do this i believe. Also avoid stygja in peak time as it's very zergy with guilds looking to wtf pwn everything they can.

8 QQ: Don't even bother to QQ at peeps when they kill you because that gives them incentive to chain you, which ofc will leave you skint and in need of con heal. If at all possible, befriend them and then find their alts and then chain them anonymously later with an alt to seek revenge :)

9 Stiff upper lip: When you start to hit a reasonable level, you in turn will be looking for lower level players yourself to gain realm points if you are solo and higher players if grouped. This principle is no different from rvr servers and it applies even more so with NF as you have seen many low level chars out there trying to gain rp and xp. If you chain peeps or kill lower level players and they QQ, make an afk message, don't bother to taunt them. If they come try kill you with a higher level alt, stick him in your friends list and remember it for later. Camlann peeps love above all flames about you being killed by them but when the role is reversed they don't like it as much as you don't either.

10 And Finally.... : Always expect the unexpected.
Any other advice ask amedor or pm ame on FH camlann forums :)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

pikeh wrote:Camlann DAoC is probably the most annoying and frustrating game i have ever played. unless you can find a place to xp where no-one else runs past (it dosent matter what con they are, they WILL kill you) you will get bored very quickly. I rolled a shade there , and i think hes down to around 25 base con, without enough money to buy it back. (i have around 25 rps on him as well, so its not like i didnt try)

I can lend u some cash to restore it with a bit in future for further con heal :)

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

nah its ok thx m8, rolled a BM a while ago, got him to 22, and if i feel like it i could play him with without getting killed too much :)
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Banana wrote:camlann will take your soul if you let it :( dont go back bri!

The best advice I've had so far. Thanks Banana, I was wavering a moment but you've pulled me back from the brink.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Hatsepsut
Emerald Rider

Post by Hatsepsut »

Well I must admit, the first 2 times I tried Camlann I felt exactly the same way and vowed to never go there again. But, here I am once again, made a sorc (currently 24) and having great fun. Yes, a lot of retards running about (mainly meaning greykillers), but most purples actually tend to leave you alone. /rel city is very useful if you just want to be left alone for a while and go train, repair or whatnot. I'm still running around with my 2nd hand gear and about 5g to my name, but finding groups for xp hasn't been all that difficult and I have met some decent people during these few days, much to my surprise, as I did expect the majority to be snotty kids. You also have that short period of immunity after zoning/releasing...use it wisely! ;) I love being able to run around in all 3 realms and having constant access to DF. Sure, one has to be on ones toes but as has been said, find a remote location to exp and the risk of being ganked is minimal. I did some exping from 20 to 23 outside drioghaid (not too far to run from domn if you're broke) and didn't encounter anybody else there. Or, if you're starting from 1, how about going back to muire for a trip down memory lane? ;)

klonk
Emerald Rider

Post by klonk »

For you immediate problem: /rel city and train there ;)

However, I too dislike the Camlann spirit somewhat, at least those who kill for killing, not for the challenge. I.e. lvl 40+ ppl who kill lvl 25 ppl. I have leveled there, but that was in a fg of m8s, and 99% pve xping. Would probably not have done that solo, the chances of someone bullying you decreases rapidly once you get past lvl 30 tho.
Hibernia/prydwen:
Myshkin - lvl 47 - celt Bard
Maktub - lvl 2x - shar Hero
<Keepers of the Grove>

Midgard/excalibur:
Frekke - rr8L2 - norse Healer - mend/pac
Klonk - rr5L5 - troll Warrior - axe/shield
Fanden - 1150 skill weaponmakerdude

Camlann:
Fanden - lvl 37 troll Berserker

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”