Greetings, Hibernia. :)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Welcome to hibernia, always good to have new blood in the game!
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Tell them Wardens are masters of the bow, Blademasters are far more like rangers from lotr than rangers ever will be and that if you play an Eldritch you get to look like that fit elf bird and that'll solve all your problems.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Think this would be good really for Tank or Mage group

Tank group: Bard, Warden, 2xdruid, 2 BM´s, hero, light Eld

Mage group: Bard, warden, hero, 2xdruid, Enc, Mana Eld, light Eld
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Asysh
Emerald Rider

Post by Asysh »

Make sure all your hero's, wardens, druids, animists and valewalkers are sylvans - it's the best race in daoc.

So overpowered infact it has to be limited to only 5 class options, 3 of which are gimped by +10 unused int!!

Fear them!
Asysh Eccos RR5 Valewalker, ML10 Battlemaster
Acysh KeKe RR2 Mentalist, ML3 Warlord
Asysh Timpatik RR6 Cabalist, Pre-ToA [deleted]

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

yay some new people! welcome to hib/pry, im sure you will want to create a ValeWalker group, great class tbh! (just replace the two BM's with VW's -but dont choose sylvan, they look rubbish)
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

With regards to the XP front... The instance tasks are good for XP but having got my vamp to 46 on Saturday and 46.5 yesterday I decided to try a few of the quests duo'd with my warden... warden was 49... just... but in the space of 2 hours and 4 quests each, warden dinged 49.5 and vamp was 47.25 (they did 2 quests the same and and a couple of others for each of them of different levels) ... so the quests offer great XP at that level... I would suggest questing as a group will get you some good results and the rewards per level are well worth the very small amounts of effort it takes. One of the quests took less than 10 mins and netted the warden basically 1 bub of XP... well worth it IMO as a hero that did the xp grind the old way..
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Lasaeonn

Post by Lasaeonn »

Takitothemacs wrote:With regards to the XP front... The instance tasks are good for XP but having got my vamp to 46 on Saturday and 46.5 yesterday I decided to try a few of the quests duo'd with my warden... warden was 49... just... but in the space of 2 hours and 4 quests each, warden dinged 49.5 and vamp was 47.25 (they did 2 quests the same and and a couple of others for each of them of different levels) ... so the quests offer great XP at that level... I would suggest questing as a group will get you some good results and the rewards per level are well worth the very small amounts of effort it takes. One of the quests took less than 10 mins and netted the warden basically 1 bub of XP... well worth it IMO as a hero that did the xp grind the old way..
Yes having just got my Vampiir to 50 I can say that the task dungeons offer very good xp but do as many quests in the catacombs areas as you can some take moments to complete and will give good xp. For a change try some of the Adventure Wings in the catacombs areas and from the classic dungeons with a group they will give reasonable xp and you can gather auralite to help with equipment.

Welcome to Hibernia :)
Lasaeonn Blackstaff the Enchanter GM DarkBlade Mercenaries
Lasander the Bard with no style
Playing also on Gahreis (US Co-Op Server) and in DR Beta

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

as far as catacombs goes the mini quests are great.

They generally have a 3 level spread, ie quest(29-31) so if you go to an area and start all the quests, then come back 3 levels later there will be a whole new set.

Most of them are soloable so would be really easy as a group and if you like roleplay the storys on some of them arnt bad and help to get an idea of the problems that are happening in the shar lands.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Jarahl
Emerald Rider

Post by Jarahl »

Welcome m8 ! :)

I just recently started over here as well with a guild and can share my limited experience :)

We decided to start a Caster Heavy Grp (that can always be fixed ^^) running as : 2 Druids, 1 Warden, 1 Bard, 1 Blademaster, 1 Enchanter, 1 Eldritch and 1 Bainshee.

Sofar lvl'ing is a piss. First we did Dungeon Tasks as a grp which was great, but it gets poo once u reach lvl x5, cus the dungeon wont go above its max, so basicly at lvl 30 u got 8 people to do 1 mans job. So at x5 we just go to the old dungeons and do Walk In Instances. Its gr8 xp, Aurilite drops down there and at the end there is a boss that drops 1 item which has 99% qual and neat bonusses :)

Hope this helps and welcome once more!
Regards

Jacob

Retired Hibbie

Asysh
Emerald Rider

Post by Asysh »

pikeh wrote:..(just replace the two BM's with VW's -but dont choose sylvan, they look rubbish)..
<rushes to the nearest hospital with a case of anaphylactic shock>
Asysh Eccos RR5 Valewalker, ML10 Battlemaster
Acysh KeKe RR2 Mentalist, ML3 Warlord
Asysh Timpatik RR6 Cabalist, Pre-ToA [deleted]

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”