Celtic Fist opens up reqruitment

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Selenia
Emerald Rider

Post by Selenia »

[quote="Banana"]ya but on your own
If groups are considering moving to another server then might be worth considering playing there insted.

DBM (and 2 adopted dbm ]

In fact I think 90% of DBM's (and their three(!) adopted ex-Prydweners are playing there). We're having a great time as well, nice Alliance which has a Euro branch for European members, plenty of raids happening, because there's no RvR you've plenty of content to explore, we've access to the Mauler class already and there's no pressure to get to 50 in under 2 hours. More importantly there's an excellent sense of community spirit there. Because there's no pressure to be "uber" people are much more "people" orientated :)

/edit - For old Prydweners, if you want to try out the US co-op with the DBM's the 14 day free trial can be found at
http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/download/ . This includes classic, SI, TOA and, shortly, Catacombs free of charge. Our DBM Gaheris page can be found at http://www.darkblademercenaries.com/For ... m.php?f=12 , though you might need to register (ask Lasaeonn nicely! :) ).

Look forward to seeing some old friends there hopefully! :)
Selenia Blackstaff:selenia:
50th Season Void Eldritch
RR6, Silver Hand, Legendary Spellcrafter, 1xxx

Phear the tr3b!!!!11 (x2)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

You can send payment for the advertisement hosting straight to me Selenia :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Selenia
Emerald Rider

Post by Selenia »

Pot of gold ok? :D

Selenia Blackstaff:selenia:
50th Season Void Eldritch
RR6, Silver Hand, Legendary Spellcrafter, 1xxx

Phear the tr3b!!!!11 (x2)

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Selenia wrote:In fact I think 90% of DBM's (and their three(!) adopted ex-Prydweners are playing there). We're having a great time as well, nice Alliance which has a Euro branch for European members, plenty of raids happening, because there's no RvR you've plenty of content to explore, we've access to the Mauler class already and there's no pressure to get to 50 in under 2 hours. More importantly there's an excellent sense of community spirit there. Because there's no pressure to be "uber" people are much more "people" orientated :)

Look forward to seeing some old friends there hopefully! :)

It's not for me. Just the thought of starting all over again scares the excrement out of me. As a *very* casual player it's taken me 4 years to get one character to 50, RR4 and GM Spellcrafter, ML10, CL5. Yes, I know I'm a "noob" before anyone even thinks about cracking a sad joke!

The only reason I'd come back to DAoC is if they offered free character migration to the US servers. All this talk about players moving to the US servers makes me wonder why on earth they haven't moved the English European servers over to the US already... that would make more sense.

The game's had its day imo and it's been messed about with too much and GOA have made at least one gigantic b***s-up with the Prydwen server, with characters being stripped of artefacts etc. That's why I'm relishing the thought of playing LotR Online. At least with LotRO there is a finite Tolkien universe, which will tend to suppress the game developers somewhat and deter them from adding on expansions that introduce new lands and new creatures that were not in the original game. Classic DAoC will always be the best imo... the simple concept of 3 realms doing battle in Dark Age western Europe, just after the death of King Arthur... no Atlantis, no Catacombs, no SI, no DR. I don't even want to get started on how they ruined the Frontiers!

Nope, it's time to move on to pastures new. All the best to those who carry on playing though... that's their choice and I have some admiration for their staunch support of the game.
:)

Gear
Emerald Rider

Post by Gear »

As it was pointed out, aye, CF reqruitment at the moment is quite pointless. I don't play in the cluster anymore, nor does the majority of the players we used to run with.

Most of us have migrated to the US servers, Midgard Killibury to be precise. Wasn't an easy choice, nor something we loved doing but it was not fun anymore to spend 3 hours of our rvr time every day trying to retake the keeps and towers that were taken by the night-crew.

That's about it lads.
Gear Silver Hand Ranger - Excalibur
Salonice Thunderer Vampiir - Excalibur
Faltsa Guilded Spear Bard - Excalibur
Gruid Thuderer Druid - Excalibur
Gaer Thunderer Nightshade - Excalibur
Manouli Raven Ardent Enchantress - Excalibur

Gear Silver Hand Druid - Lamorak - Inactive

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Gandelf wrote:It's not for me. Just the thought of starting all over again scares the excrement out of me. As a *very* casual player it's taken me 4 years to get one character to 50, RR4 and GM Spellcrafter, ML10, CL5. Yes, I know I'm a "noob" before anyone even thinks about cracking a sad joke!:)
oh i agree

making a new 50 is hard
this is for peeps who were thinking of making a 50 on another server :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Gear wrote:As it was pointed out, aye, CF reqruitment at the moment is quite pointless. I don't play in the cluster anymore, nor does the majority of the players we used to run with.

Most of us have migrated to the US servers, Midgard Killibury to be precise. Wasn't an easy choice, nor something we loved doing but it was not fun anymore to spend 3 hours of our rvr time every day trying to retake the keeps and towers that were taken by the night-crew.

That's about it lads.
has it worked or same sort of thing there?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Gear
Emerald Rider

Post by Gear »

At the moment we have 45 members in guild, as we speak /gc who shows 24 online. We are in a position to do almost everything in-guild (crafting is still kinda slow). The first wave is fully toad (bar an item or 2) in the medium mls and rr3. The rest are following.

Tell you what tho. As we all miss our bbs and plats etc, we have a much better behaviour towards one another. It's no longer the "I can solo this" attitude (for which I'm also responsible), it's more helping each other, in leveling and encounters. We'll start giving it a go to do all the MLs in-guild as well.

Ranting now, but waiting for our healer to log back ;)

PS. Don't think that it's all roses there, there is a healthy zerg around, you'll find FGs on stick, stealth zerg, pa'd in teh middle of a fight etc etc. However, there are people on the cluster all day round, which for me is the best thing.
Gear Silver Hand Ranger - Excalibur
Salonice Thunderer Vampiir - Excalibur
Faltsa Guilded Spear Bard - Excalibur
Gruid Thuderer Druid - Excalibur
Gaer Thunderer Nightshade - Excalibur
Manouli Raven Ardent Enchantress - Excalibur

Gear Silver Hand Druid - Lamorak - Inactive

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”