How long will DAoC survive?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster

How long will DAoC survive on the European servers?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:18 pm

More than 20 years
91%
More than 20 years
6%
More than 20 years
No votes
More than 20 years
2%
More than 20 years
2%

Total votes: 53

Rami

Post by Rami »

2 years ago
shotz:

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

2 months for Cluster sadly.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

no the itiem crash last September....But tbh we all know the time was coming,and atm im lucky that i was able to jump of the MMOG train .

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

I have personally never seen any advertising for DAoC in Europe, and when you look at how old the game is, it's no wonder that it is slowly dying.

Getting new players is a must, but something that DAoC is not getting.

Why?

Well, first of all many of new players in MMORPG wanna play with friends and what do these friends play? WoW ofc.

Second many of the new players are ppl aged 10-15 (maybe a year or two older but not more) and they mainly think the look and feel of DAoC is to old fashion

Third the advertising problem, WoW had a huge marketing budget before launching, and now that Mythic got bought by EA they will have the same kind of money to advertise for WAR, and that brings me to the fourth reason.

Many ppl are waiting for WAR after growing bored of getting ganked a million times by the super elite GG in RvR (ppl tend to grow bored of that for some reason hehe).

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

Alexandrinus wrote:no the itiem crash last September
And you will have the same risk when WAR hits euro as GoA have been entrusted with the European operation and Mythic have the US side of things.

Oh La La

It's a shame it ever got this quiet though. This game rocks with enough people to play with. The US DAoC servers will keep clustering to the last so as to extend the life of it over there, but since there's only 2 Euro servers that can be clustered, i imagine the lifespan of Euro DAoC to be in the months rather than years

All much of a muchness though; Populations both sides of the pond will be anhilated come WAR as so many people are looking forward to it.

See you Q4 2007, but i'm gonna play US WAR (get your keys from Gamersloot.com IMO) as i'm totally snubbing the french on this.

Mon Chérie, Ou Est le Backup?

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

See you Q4 2007, but i'm gonna play US WAR (get your keys from Gamersloot.com IMO) as i'm totally snubbing the french on this.
Didn't they talk about blocking the US servers for Europe ip addies??

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Maybe drastic action is required to ensure DAoC's survival? As realm populations dwindle, one realm will dominate and the other two will struggle to compete. So, taking the idea of clustering further, perhaps we may see measures introduced that will allow the two least populated realms to become allies? E.g. Mid & Hib against Alb? It would be interesting if nothing else.

The trouble with normal clustering is that the most populated realm becomes even bigger.

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

Trez wrote:Didn't they talk about blocking the US servers for Europe ip addies??
they always 'say' that, doesn't stop it though

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Hoonius wrote:they always 'say' that, doesn't stop it though
Not ever seen Mythic say that personally, know Blizzard do with WoW tho so that they can artificially inflate the costs for European customers :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

Xest wrote:Not ever seen Mythic say that personally, know Blizzard do with WoW tho so that they can artificially inflate the costs for European customers :p

Aye, but i know European people who play WoW US so Trez's point is cleared up i suppose

The IP Map thing is only so good, anyone with a proxy could fool it i suppose

Point i was trying to make was : There is no way i'm lining GoA's pockets to play a game that will be kick ass in the US

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”