Greetings, Hibernia. :)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Mobius
Emerald Rider

Greetings, Hibernia. :)

Post by Mobius »

Greetings fellow Hibernians. Myself and some friends of mine (We're a guild formed for the game Middle Earth Online) have recently began playing Daoc on your realm. I've played Daoc since it was released but my friends (we're more or less a full group) are all complete newbies (I am a bit of a newbie too! ;))

Since I quit for a while I'm not really up to speed on the latest nerfs and what have you so I was wondering if anyone could recommend us a good group setup. Bear in mind alot of these folks have never played MMORPG's before, so its going to take some getting used to, and we also don't have /level. :)

I'm playing a Bard, and the rest of the group are interested in playing tanks. So I'd imagine we would do best with a some sort of tank group. Would we completely suck without any mages? We're going to level together and do ToA/Catacombs, etc...so it'd take a while before we are RvR ready.

The reason we've decided to play daoc is that we formed our guild 3 years ago for Middle Earth Online and its continually delayed etc, much to our annoyance. Since there is at least another 18 months until it is released we want to play a game together as a guild, and picked daoc. :)

Oh, does anyone have any good XP guides using Catacombs if necessary? Or is it just as good to level in the original zones now?

Thanks for any replies, and we're looking forward to fighting alongside you soon we hope. :)
Mobilina the level 41 Bard. Hibernia/Prydwen

<Fallen Spirits>

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ideal group setup wants a bard and 2 druids minimum if possible, you'll probably want to add a warden in there then you can add maybe a few blademasters, perhaps a champ or hero too or an eldritch. Can't go far wrong really, you'll still have a pretty solid setup however you work it as long as you have the core bard and 2 druids. Of course, if you're not fussed about RvR then 1 druid will be fine most likely. Can do fine without casters but an eldritch is often nice for all the utility they bring like disease, nearsight and such.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Rami

Post by Rami »

Go away, beggar. :mezz:
shotz:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I don't beg!
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

Bard, 2 druids, warden (BG) , 2 BM's and champ and spec nuker is a nice setup.
Inactive

Mobius
Emerald Rider

Post by Mobius »

Thanks people. I'll let my friends know and hopefully it'll help them decide on what to play. They all want to play as rangers (Legolas, etc.. ;)) but I'm trying to dissuade them. :D

I'm playing the Bard, since no one else wants to. :( Does anyone have any good XP spots, or tips for Catacombs? At the moment me and my friend are just running from Mag Mell to the instanced dungeons, back and forth. Is that the method to good xping with Catacombs?

<Fallen Spirits>

Haarewin

Post by Haarewin »

Mobius wrote:At the moment me and my friend are just running from Mag Mell to the instanced dungeons, back and forth. Is that the method to good xping with Catacombs?
yes it is :p
i don't have a sig.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

yea might wanna stock up on the arualite in the adventure dungeons so you dont have to buy too much. And its nice gear.
But instas rule tbh.
Also might be worth checking out Warcry for any cata quests you might want =)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Nothing wrong with rangers, but an fg of them will produce some rather comical results at times. I witnessed this on excal mid with an fg of hunters, was a rather odd sight to see as an xp group, i am sure they got to where they wanted to go in the end tho :>

Mobius
Emerald Rider

Post by Mobius »

Arcsalin wrote:Nothing wrong with rangers, but an fg of them will produce some rather comical results at times. I witnessed this on excal mid with an fg of hunters, was a rather odd sight to see as an xp group, i am sure they got to where they wanted to go in the end tho :>
I got no problem with Archers ;) I just don't fancy a group of 8 of em, trying to get to 50! :p

<Fallen Spirits>

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”