Loki 2.1 Beta released

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Heta wrote:well... it should be like that!
Should they also support item (2) in my feature list?
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Xest wrote:A well designed program should let you jump straight in tbh :p

....said the spotty teenage geek to the Captain of a submarine with an ars.enal of nuclear missiles...

The only difference is that in DAoC if you blow up due to making an overcharging error, you just /release, say "Silly me!" and start all over again. Whereas with the submarine, if you make a mistake you may blow up yourself and everything in a 10-mile radius... or send nuclear missiles showering down on Moscow! "Silly me, I should have read the instructions!" ;)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Still should be easy to use, it'd be rather silly if you had something as potentially dangerous as a nuclear weapon launch system hard to use otherwise you would have accidents :p

There's a big difference between security in applications and ease of use - it's security that would be key in a weapons system. You do have a point in that some applications used to intentionally be hard to use however even that is bad practice now, it's not a challenging task to figure out a system if need be, it's better to use intentional security measures than rely on security through obscurity. I'm pretty sure Loki isn't such a national secret that it need be made extremely difficult to use anyhow, it doesn't take a genius to work out that I was referring to everyday applications either :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Xest wrote:A well designed program should let you jump straight in tbh :p

Manuals are tiresome :P
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Elrandhir wrote:Manuals are tiresome :P

I agree. I'd always choose an Automatic. All that gear changing is a pain in the rectum.

lol2:

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Gandelf wrote:I agree. I'd always choose an Automatic. All that gear changing is a pain in the rectum.

lol2:

=P very funny indeed..
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

[quote="Gandelf"]....said the spotty teenage geek to the Captain of a submarine with an ars.enal of nuclear missiles...

The only difference is that in DAoC if you blow up due to making an overcharging error, you just /release, say "Silly me!" and start all over again. Whereas with the submarine, if you make a mistake you may blow up yourself and everything in a 10-mile radius... or send nuclear missiles showering down on Moscow! "Silly me, I should have read the instructions!" ]

We all know that to launch the missiles from a nuclear sub all you have to do (as captain) is knock your XO over the head, steal his key, send him out of a torpedo tube, run to the launch area, put in your key & his, turn both together & then press the big red button that says danger (may have to lift the button cover - it's an optional extra with the sporty aerodynamic telescope & the go faster stripes).

TBH I've never had a problem with Loki, as long as I don't let it auto-calculate.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Genedril wrote:We all know that to launch the missiles from a nuclear sub all you have to do (as captain) is knock your XO over the head, steal his key, send him out of a torpedo tube, run to the launch area, put in your key & his, turn both together & then press the big red button that says danger (may have to lift the button cover - it's an optional extra with the sporty aerodynamic telescope & the go faster stripes).

TBH I've never had a problem with Loki, as long as I don't let it auto-calculate.

..or if you're Inspector Gadget, it's a doddle!

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Can anyone confirm this about LOKI:-

I seem to remember reading somewhere when I paid for my LOKI registration, that your registration code will be valid for up to the next two upgrades.

However, because there is no longer a LOKI Gold version, but only Platinum (and of course the freebie Copper version), then those subscribers who registered for Gold version and still had 1 or both of the upgrades available, will lose out? Is that right? If it is, then it seems to me that there may be a trades description infringement going on. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that if you've paid for the use of the software and the next two upgrades of the Gold version, then you're not getting what you're legally entitled to if there is no longer to be a Gold version. Is that correct?

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

No.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”