Respec costs...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Respec costs...

Post by Gandelf »

Why are the respec costs so expensive?
What is the big deal? Why can't we respec free of charge? Would it really matter if players could respec freely without it costing a lot?
It just seems ridiculously expensive.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

One word for free respecs: FOTM heaven

Be happy you can even respec nowadays. Used to be alot different!
finland:
holland:

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Well, maybe not completely free, but at level 50, tier 10 is 50 plat! That's way too much imo. At the very most I think 10 plat would be more realistic.

It wouldn't be FOTM heaven imo anyway, because you're still only dealing within classes. It's not like you're suddenly going to change from one class to another. For example, would it really matter if an Eldritch respecced from Mana to Void? Or, if a Hero decided to respec to LW?

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

What they should do is give a certain number of respec points a week. You can then untrain that amount of points. (say 100 points a week).

To drop a skill from 50 to 49 would cost 50 respec points, while to drop from 10 to 9 would only cost 10.

This means that you can do alot of small alterations to your class. However, to do a major change would require that you save up the respec points.

Also, they could have the dragon drops worth a certain number of respec points. A line respec could be 1000 points and a "full" respec could be 2000 points (or whatever is balanced).

One of the reasons against respecing is that people would respec every day (or every run) based on what their group wanted.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

its a wizards fault :)

but seriously its prolly something like that - you cant unlearn skills irl without difficulty so being zapped by unlearning magics would prolly have a dire effect on you at some stage..
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Did in some way prefer it when it was harder to respec, to spec a given way showed some commitment. tbh still think it'd be better that you have to wait for the respecs given with patches that have large class tweaks.

atm you can respec easy enuff, it's just a matter of money. Enuff money to make it annoying and inconvienient, but not to stop you doing it when you want.
Mael, 50th ment.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:Well, maybe not completely free, but at level 50, tier 10 is 50 plat! That's way too much imo. At the very most I think 10 plat would be more realistic.

It wouldn't be FOTM heaven imo anyway, because you're still only dealing within classes. It's not like you're suddenly going to change from one class to another. For example, would it really matter if an Eldritch respecced from Mana to Void? Or, if a Hero decided to respec to LW?
Everyone would still go the fotm spec for each class though. Look at when smite clerics were uber, no respecs meant that some would have had to stay as healers for example (although Mythic probably gave a free respec at the time to them anyway, can't remember). The point is that free respecs would mean everyone would constantly be exactly the same spec - i.e. the best spec for that class, it'd just be utterly stupid. It wouldn't matter if some classes respecced, but others respeccing would be awful. Also if a certain spec becomes stupidly overpowered in a patch somehow (which has happened), free respecs would mean every one of that class would be overpowered whereas at least if they can't respec it limits the damage to only certain individuals of said class.

50 plat really isn't hard to aquire in DAoC now at all and tbh killing the dragon isn't hard on any realm either (2 - 3 ML9 pets can do it np, can do it with 1 if you have a few healers and plenty of time) so it's pretty silly to whine about respecs.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I don't buy that "everyone would be the same spec" line, Wow respecs are much cheaper (50g max, which is a couple of nights serious farming at the most) and still there is a variety of specs.

It's really nice to think right stuff it for a couple of weeks I'm going to respec to something different and enjoy a different aspect of my class before swapping back to the spec suited to my main role.

It also means you can try a variety of spec to find one that is suitable to you, without having to spend an arm and a leg.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

I have respecced my Hero 3 times since I started playing 4+ years ago :P

Would still they should chance /respec buy to a more constant cost, the amount it increases every time you buy one is silly, would be okay if it increased maby 1p and then stopped at a maximum of maby 10p.

Not that I care to much, have never needed to respec that much, and I wont be needing to either if they don't make some major changes, and then we get them free. ;D

*Sidenote, can't say I agree with Xest about not all being same spec, all who RvR much will respec if they don't have the best spec, it will just cost abit for them to do so, but they will still do so, so more or less all already have the same spec in RvR. ;D

So it would really just save people farmingtime to make it easier to respec.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

the first time you buy a single line respec it costs 1pp, the price goes up as you buy more, i dont seen any problem with this.
If you need more respecs then you can go on dragon or galla raids its not exactly differcult.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”