Server Clustering(?) in EU!? GOA please reply.

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cazedy
Emerald Rider

Post by Cazedy »

Realy realy realy realy hope the RvR-Zones will get clustered, We realy need more ppl in RvR to make NF Fun (imo!).
I'ts not like waiting one hour to play your other chars on Excal is very much.
I myself cant see anything bad about this.

:cowgif:

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

Not that it's really my concern since i don't play much, but why not try out a solution of reducing that timer and set it at 3-4 hours instead of 8? I think 8 is a bit too much, it's not like spying or cross realming in the game would happen more because of it, if someone wants to let a secret out he can use irc pretty easily tbh and 80% of the realm will know it in 10 minutes.

Hmm, nm, i just saw goa's post that says about one hour timer :)
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

aegnor
Emerald Rider

Post by aegnor »

If prydwen and excal are clustered, which most likely will happen if it depends on that poll, then the relatively low prices we're used to will rise due to the influence of the overinflated excal market. Besides, if characters can freely cycle between non-shared zones in both servers, we will potentialy have 3 times the people we have now camping artifact encounters.
Aegnor Istaril
Elvish Barun
retired :<

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Kallima wrote:Well, of course I'm not, but that doesn't seem relevant. My point was that it becomes a bit meaningless if you are playing on both sides in the same game (RVR zone). Rather like placing bets on both sides to win in a football match.
It's meaningless anyway when Albs can log a fat zerg in or Hib can just spam a thousand shrooms/bainshees/PBAE to win anyway :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sardine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sardine »

Will be nice having NP and Maelstrom running together :p
gone...

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

aegnor wrote:If prydwen and excal are clustered, which most likely will happen if it depends on that poll, then the relatively low prices we're used to will rise due to the influence of the overinflated excal market. Besides, if characters can freely cycle between non-shared zones in both servers, we will potentialy have 3 times the people we have now camping artifact encounters.
Well, there will be twice the players camping twice the mobs (double demand and double supply). What will happen to prices is that they will end up mid-way between excal and pryd prices. One thing, it will not be possible for 1 person to single handedly camp a specific mob (unless has accounts to cover both zones).

One issue with merging with excal is that frontier defence would no longer be hib/pryd only (both hib/pryd and hib/excal would share the responsibility). It may reduce realm motivation, and the effect where an underpopulated realm is holding its own will be dimished.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Lairiodd wrote:Well, there will be twice the players camping twice the mobs (double demand and double supply). What will happen to prices is that they will end up mid-way between excal and pryd prices. One thing, it will not be possible for 1 person to single handedly camp a specific mob (unless has accounts to cover both zones).

One issue with merging with excal is that frontier defence would no longer be hib/pryd only (both hib/pryd and hib/excal would share the responsibility). It may reduce realm motivation, and the effect where an underpopulated realm is holding its own will be dimished.
Is Excal not like, 3 times the size of Prydwen? So it wont be an equally proportional split?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

goa did state that it was unlikely we would get clustering (way back when) if my memory serves.
Best just to wait and see
im still waiting for account splitting :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Xest wrote:Is Excal not like, 3 times the size of Prydwen? So it wont be an equally proportional split?
True, the end price will be somewhere in the middle.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Originally Posted by aegnor
If prydwen and excal are clustered, which most likely will happen if it depends on that poll, then the relatively low prices we're used to will rise due to the influence of the overinflated excal market. Besides, if characters can freely cycle between non-shared zones in both servers, we will potentialy have 3 times the people we have now camping artifact encounters.

Originally Posted by Lairiodd
Well, there will be twice the players camping twice the mobs (double demand and double supply). What will happen to prices is that they will end up mid-way between excal and pryd prices. One thing, it will not be possible for 1 person to single handedly camp a specific mob (unless has accounts to cover both zones).

One thing to prevent this is simply to make only the RvR zones clustered, ofc clustering the ToA zones would make it easier to get artifacts ect. ect. but that would indeed increase prices very much, and then some of those ppl who aint got a farm char would be lost for sure, some already now have a problem farming enough cash to buy a simple scroll.

IMO only cluster the RvR!!!

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”