Plat/PLing for cash... Can it be stopped?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

Gahn wrote: So Alex, basically, u suck ahahahahah ^^
HEROS doh: :D

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Im gimped and I know it... now get thread back on topic! :P
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

poor Takit....were we able to kill the treat now? or not?

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

[quote="Requiel"]What I meant was 'if the game required you to play 24 hours a day for five days without stopping to get a template....'

Ehm Req man, hehe, 120 hours is 120 hours, regardless of whether you stop or not. It wasn't possible to get a template in that time during TOA in its original state. And under my Zerker's name Imgormiel on Excal mid, I was playing on average about 16 hours a day during TOA original - which is more than most would do or could do for that matter. But have it your way, even though from personal experience of DAOC, it's not possible for me to play 72 hours like I used to without being ill for the following week :)

[quote="Requiel"]Solo content is good, giving people things they can do when ther friends aren't there is required, having encounters that absolutely need certain combnations of classes and abilities to combat is generally bad as it's restrictive and cuts out players who don't have one of the 'needed' classes from experiencing it. Most things should be doable by a balanced force with different tactics depending on the exact composition. That doesn't mean that any group should be able to do an encounter but if the players have a minimum level of healing, CC and damage, it shouldn't matter what the precise composition is.]

And yeah but you see unfortunately in TOA for most of us, the design in its original state was exactly discriminative in class due to getting things done right in small groups etc. The game doesn't have any rules or set ways in the game code about the way some of the hard things of the game should be done and perhaps there lies some fault. As it gives the players of this game permission if for want of a better phrase 'to run riot, set their own rules and thus slow down and in some cases, shut down everyone's game play during pve and rvr due to the dominance of a certain class/grouping system otherwise known as fotm as you are well aware - and believe me, I am no fan of fotm thus why you see what I have done in this game - I was trying to eliminate it but unfortunately the new game mechanics eliminated me :(

I am not offering a solution here because there's little point in doing so - unless there's a poll that's offered and in that sense I know I will get listened to because it was me under my zerker's name on FH that suggested that people earn realm points for repairing realm buildings in the frontier. At least I can claim that one xD

But what I will say also is that everyone seems to have missed is that why would anyone want a BB if you have a level 100 char? Req has that char :> I wonder what experiences Req would like to share in levelling that char all that way :> And what experiences he's had in game with it since it reached level one hundred after all that large slog of pve :> I know I managed around 30 50's with only like 2 of them power levelled from 30-50 and the rest I used the game mechanics to get my way to 50. Wonder what levelling a char from 1-100 must be like Oo! xD
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

And just for the record, solo play as in (no bb what so ever or buffs from anyone) was almost non-existant in TOA original, if you weren't 50 then forget it as the lower content wasn't even worth bothering with. Catacombs was awesome, and DR could have been but wasn't :/

So as for what they will offer next and how it benefits you all in a balanced way from what I have read, there are going to be alot of you who are not going to be very happy. But as Req rightly says, it's the peeps that play the pve that get the most from this game so no wonder that Mythic is feeding them with what they want. Else it's time to pull the plug and at this moment in time I am not sure if that isn't such a bad idea, as most of you will be gone anyway once Mythic releases its next venture or via Lord of the rings online whic atm has some 200,000 people interested in getting on that game - wonder what the stress test for that game will be like lol. Btw I am not mentioning Mythics next online alpha/beta as it rightly has its own thread elsewhere on the forum :>
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Arcsalin wrote:Else it's time to pull the plug and at this moment in time I am not sure if that isn't such a bad idea, as most of you will be gone anyway once Mythic releases its next venture or via Lord of the rings online which atm has some 200,000 people interested in getting on that game.

I'll definitely be moving over to LotRO asap, because I'm a fan of LotR anyway. I'm also a fan of Star Trek, so I'll probably be trying the ST mmorpg too, although I think they're making a huge mistake by basing the game further into the future than the Next Generation. They would get more players, imo, if they based it in the Classic Star Trek era, because most Star Trek fans would choose the Classic era over any other.

I definitely think that the BBot issue is losing Mythic/GOA more money by deterring players who hate BBs from renewing their subcriptions. If BBs were sorted I think a lot of players would come back and as a consequence, Mythic/GOA would make more money. The longer nothing is done, the more players will become disheartened and leave the game for good.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Cryn wrote:Yes

I'm the one on the right.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Just backing up Requiel further regarding that RvRing is in the minority... how many times have Relic Raids failed because of lack of numbers? A lot of times, I would say! Would this tend to suggest that most players are not bothered about RvR?

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Takitothemacs wrote:I dont have to trust Requiel and if he has the stats why not post them in terms of numbers of boxes sold /accounts opened per month over the last 3 years along with some of the stats he claims make up this fantasy world of non rvr players.

FAO of Requiel:- Well, Takitothemacs has a point. If what you say is true, why don't you publish the stats in this thread?
Requiel wrote:Solo content is good, giving people things they can do when their friends aren't there is required.

Solo content is not that good. There are only so many things you can do solo and when you've done all the solo quests there is little else to keep you from getting bored and twiddling your thumbs! As I said previously, the game fails miserably be discriminating against soloers and casual players. You are right to point out that there should be some reward for the number of hours one puts into playing the game, however, where the game fails is that you can't get all the nice quest rewards etc. that a group of players gets, if you prefer to play solo. That is clearly wrong in my opinion. There should be alternative ways of completing the harder quests, so that solo players can complete them. The community would not suffer if this were the case, because there are those who like to play in groups.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:Just backing up Requiel further regarding that RvRing is in the minority... how many times have Relic Raids failed because of lack of numbers? A lot of times, I would say! Would this tend to suggest that most players are not bothered about RvR?
No it just says that there's a lack of players :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”