regarding stealing artifacts.

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

/em builds a wickerman.........................................................
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Snozzle - 27 Shaman. drunk:

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

I respect Banana's active moderation of these forums and the reasons she gave for locking that other thread.

I too was surprised at Penlid's actions which is why I posted asking him why he did this. He replied in quite an honest way and I detected more than a little remorse in some of his later threads so I tend to think we need to move on and see what happens in the long-run.

However, I do feel that what we are seeing is the community getting damaged because of ToA. Some of the artifacts are so time-intensive to get and activate that I'm not entirely suprised that normally decent peeps turn red and grow horns and a tail when it comes to artifacts. Nowadays, the Night Terror and Peridas islands are almost perma camped and for low level artis the time it takes to get these is just plain ridiculous. By making artis so hard to get ToA is bringing out the worst in people, and its not simply a case of greed, but there are heavy doses of frustration and fear thrown in too.

Whilst not condoning what Penlid did, I can understand the fear that may come from thinking (rightly or wrongly) that the artifact is going to go to someone who is going to sell it instead of it going to another person needs it for use on a toon. And this is a negative emotion that comes direct from ToA and not any of the other expansions this game has produced.

Fear, greed, desperation, frustration, disrespecting leaders, ignoring rolls are all behaviours that have emerged much much more in relation to ToA than to anything else. I don't think I have come across any of these traits on dragon raids, TS and Galla raids, PoC trips or cata hunts.

I do think ToA has damaged the community and there is plenty of evidence to support this view. It's one reason why I tend not to bother much with artis any more.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

I have to agree with Banana aswell, she did good thing by locking the post. Everyone said what they wanted to say and there is no point in dragging the subject further and further. (tho i was going to post my opinion aswell, but there's no point cause everything has been said) This is between two ppl, let them sort it out imo.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Banana wrote:actually he promised about 3 times in the thread
Nibs will have to inform us if he keeps the promise.
I didnt see the point in rehashing the same thing over and over just to create some sort of flamefest to make people feel better.
Yes what penlid did was wrong however in hibernia and specially on this forums when people tend to say 'sorry' and promise to return the item/not do it again then most people forgive them.
Obviously when the item has been returned which in this case it is impossible for penlid to do immediatly so only time can tell if he ment what he said.
Either way its no fun for people to read it.
Freddys house has plenty if you wish to read flame posts..
Agrees with Banana, even though I would never do something like penlid did, Mainly because it´s wrong and I wouldent get any joy of that Artifact knowing what I had done, I still think all was said in the earlier post really.

Have to be really annoying for the one it happened to, but as long as he really get an replacement arti for the one he stole it from, I se no reason why not just let it go, even if it still is a really bad thing to do.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

I don't agree with Banana...but thats only cos I wanna be different and an arse :)

/Ankh

aegnor
Emerald Rider

Post by aegnor »

What about... freedom of speech? :cow:
Bit of a shame to put an end to entertaining threads. :)
Aegnor Istaril
Elvish Barun
retired :<

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ankh Morpork wrote:I don't agree with Banana...but thats only cos I wanna be different and an arse :)

/Ankh
You don't have to disagree with Banana for that Ankh.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

Just to let you know i have kept my promise and now have obtained GoV for Nibalot. Thanks to Adalyn and his horde crew for killing. Nibs when ya next in game give me a shout and i'll hand it over. Sorry for the inconvenience , it sharn't happen again. :)

Scharr
Emerald Rider

Post by Scharr »

all is forgiven then! :iamwithst
Hibernia Prydwen

Durthu - brehon - Druid - ML4

Scharrina - Thunderer - Hero - ML8

Eladamri - Silverhand - Ranger - ML9

Muerribas - Brehon - mentalist - ML0

Albion excaliber

Souldric - gryphon knight - Reaver - Ml1 Banelord

:mezz:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Penlid wrote:Just to let you know i have kept my promise and now have obtained GoV for Nibalot. Thanks to Adalyn and his horde crew for killing. Nibs when ya next in game give me a shout and i'll hand it over. Sorry for the inconvenience , it sharn't happen again. :)
10p compensation to him to make up for inconvenience and upset before forgiveness imo!
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”