The future?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

I aint joining anything!!! :O

Still currently offline and playing single player Battlefront II(Zomg roxx, and still wondering if it is a balanced MMO when played online or not :S ) and Oblivion ;D

Might be back in a month tho, I go through games too quick in SP mode =/
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Arcsalin wrote:I aint joining anything!!! :O
hence why you always spam me you idiot! ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I refuse to join aswell!!!

mostly due to me not playing daoc, but.. owell bah:
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

The obvious compromise is for the larger guild to ask the GMs of the guild/s being merged if they wish to be joint-GMs after the merge. If they say yes, then I can't see any reason why they shouldn't be GMs. After all, they are giving up their own guild for the benefit of the larger guild.

Whether there are exisiting members of the larger guild who might be up for promotion to GM status is irrelevant. I know the following is perhaps not a brilliant analogy, but in real military situations most soldiers/officers stay the same rank or get promoted. They don't usually get demoted, unless they've done something wrong. So that's why I think GMs should remain as GMs when mergers happen. But that's my opinion.

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

omg when i see all these treats....
yes stay at your 1 or 2 people guilds! you want to be a GM?
------>why not play Civilisation and you can be Worldcommander

some people make me sick when i read this,
'i want to be GM ,no i want , no me....'

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

[quote="Satyn"]hence why you always spam me you idiot! ]

Can't spam when I am offline rl ;p
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Gandelf wrote:The obvious compromise is for the larger guild to ask the GMs of the guild/s being merged if they wish to be joint-GMs after the merge. If they say yes, then I can't see any reason why they shouldn't be GMs. After all, they are giving up their own guild for the benefit of the larger guild.

Whether there are exisiting members of the larger guild who might be up for promotion to GM status is irrelevant. I know the following is perhaps not a brilliant analogy, but in real military situations most soldiers/officers stay the same rank or get promoted. They don't usually get demoted, unless they've done something wrong. So that's why I think GMs should remain as GMs when mergers happen. But that's my opinion.
Sorry Gandelf this post seriously confuses me.

I agree that if two guilds of equal size and prestige are merging that the sensible thing to do would be have a mix of GM's and officers from both the merging guilds. However if someone is in a one or two man guild what right would they have to become a GM in say Eclipse? Is that even a merger? I don't think it is. It is simply someone saying to themselves ok time to call it a day and move on.

I can see Satyn's point. In many ways we should cherish our memories and not let the past die. What about the future if we are to have one as a community? Surely it is together and not divided up all over the place?

Maybe a GM who leaves a loved memory to go and actively play for the future gains the many benefits of not having to be a GM? I mean being a grunt is a nice position to be in. You have very little responsibility and at the same time you can get involved with a new bunch of friends as an equal human being in the spirit of friendship and hopefully similar playing spirit. Suggesting that you have to be first among equals with your new friends would seem to be a very strange way to start a new relationship. I would have felt it would be best to put the hand of trust out first.

Finally I also disagree with Satyn on one very important point. Not all guilds should merge. Some of the guilds in this community are unique and remain an important part of the community even if they are less active than they used to be. It would be a crying shame for some of these guilds to disappear and merging is not the best solution in such instances. Not by a long shot.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

I can understand why GM of the smaller guild becomes officer so that he can have some influence over the former members of the small guild.

But tbh, I dont know why anyone would want to be a GM so bad.
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Luz wrote:I can understand why GM of the smaller guild becomes officer so that he can have some influence over the former members of the small guild.

But tbh, I dont know why anyone would want to be a GM so bad.

Should only be 1 or 2 GMs imo... too many chief's etc.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Luz wrote:But tbh, I dont know why anyone would want to be a GM so bad.
I agree - tbh its better to be a grunt than a leader :)

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”