Dark Age of Interruptalot and other musings

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

[quote="Tasmin"]Mmmm, do you think tanks/light tanks like to stand around until they get nuked to death? If interuption of casters gets nerfed, I and many melee classes will be asking for a nerf of mezz,stun and root....Makes being a melee class 'less fun' and if a melee class is being denied the ability to hit things then the game needs looking at ]

hmm maybe they should look at being able to decrease your chance of interrupts?
so then the caster could keep casting but also the meleer could keep hitting?
atm (least it was when i played it) its 100% you cant cast (unless youve got a heck of alot of speed etc) if your being hit so you have no choice BUT to use stun/root/mezz...

in wow you can spec so your skill line doesnt get interrupted (or less chance of it being) which i think would be brill to bring to daoc :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Banana wrote: in wow you can spec so your skill line doesnt get interrupted (or less chance of it being) which i think would be brill to bring to daoc :)
would just make the current situation much worse. (if it can be)
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Banana wrote: in wow you can spec so your skill line doesnt get interrupted (or less chance of it being) which i think would be brill to bring to daoc :)

That would just be horrible in Daoc tbh, if to do something like that they would have to rework everything, so it's a very bad idea.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Puppet wrote:I dont care if its a crit or not, getting nuked on 36%/5% resists for 713, 684, 789.... dead by an air theurgist on my ranger is *NOT* balanced.

True, it's just silly tbh, those Alb mage classes are just nuts though imo.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Banana wrote:
in wow you can spec so your skill line doesnt get interrupted (or less chance of it being) which i think would be brill to bring to daoc :)

I prefer the whole interrupt system in WoW. The only interrupts are abilities that are specific interrupt abilities. Anything else just increases casting time.

I do agree with Elrandhir that it is now too late to implement such a big change though.

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

A few changes i would make:
Make lifetap a much harder spell to cast, definately no inst lifetap.
Bring a cap for cast speed of 250 dex like melee has for quickness.
Interupt only if taking damage.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Xest wrote:Assuming the target has capped resists (even worse with resist buffs) the caster without relics will be lucky to hit for about 400 on average with no RAs, add your 12% in and the caster gets around +45dmg per nuke which amusingly over 2000 hps or 5 nukes @ 400dmg each is around 225 dmg, i.e. 25 damage less than toughness will get you for the 20 RSPs. As I say you can make the situation a whole lot more tank biased with even the 16% resist buffs.
Yes but once those hits are gone, they are gone. They need to be rehealed to be full. The caster just carries on nuking regardless. Any tank that is in fg/fg fights would be incompetant to invest in passives over charge/det/purge. With debuf assist, by far the most important thing is BL dumping and getting on targets quickly.

And in your illustration above even though the tank has specced in toughness, its still going down in at most one more cast, thats without crits. This really does not change battles, where as det/charge/purge absolutely do, which is why tanks spec in them over passives.

*edit
should add, I agree with you basically that casters arnt overpowered in many situations, weve been taking down caster groups quite happily for years now, including pe, asylum and BDC. Its just the investment in passives for tanks i am taking issue with.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Puppet wrote:I dont care if its a crit or not, getting nuked on 36%/5% resists for 713, 684, 789.... dead by an air theurgist on my ranger is *NOT* balanced.
Not arguing with the general point, but if that's who I think it is, I don't think he's got a single rp in anything but damage passives. (not like matters much on theurg, so many toys to jerk peeps around can kill lots of stuff easy even if only nuke for a 1/3rd of that)
Mael, 50th ment.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

<just for the peeps who said its bad idea>

that wasnt the only idea tbh ;)
its just i ran out of time this morning when typing it.
i will expand on daoc-utopia-ala-banana later ;)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Tuthmes
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuthmes »

I dont care if its a crit or not, getting nuked on 36%/5% resists for 713, 684, 789.... dead by an air theurgist on my ranger is *NOT* balanced.
Yeh or try a firewizz, especially on vamp :|. Don' t care what people say, but somehow a air theur/firewizz have sick damage compared to other casters. The firewizz i can understand why, but its over the top now with debuffs in the nuke (bin bolted btw for 1150+ with capped heat resist).
About interrupts, nowadays every rog lifetap caster has moc3 and burns it the moment you stare at them. Beside's ZoU (and some strafing) i don' t really see what you can do against it, but then again, mebbe the game isnt built for 1on1. Imho moc should be atleast on a bigger timer (20/30min?), so its beeing used when needed, instead of pressing the "haha iwin" button.
I'm really mixed about the balance thing. Would like to say it is, but when your tanks die within seconds, it doesnt feel right! On the otherhand if you change something, you prolly tilt the balance the otherway.
All i know is, atm its pure a ranged game, this has everything todo with NF also.
All this and i still agree with Edlina, that beside's some points, overall its balanced. doh:
----------------------------
Tuthmes - lvl50 - rr7 - Ranja
Nefertete - lvl50 - rr9 - Bardesse
Neterbaiu - lvl50 - rr8 - Eldrich
Koenoe - lvl50 - rr8 - Dr00d
Achnaton - lvl50 - rr4 - Animist
Ausernefert - lvl50 - rr5 - Mentalist
Horemheb - lvl50 - rr3 Chimp
Soulsistah - lvl50 - rr6 Vampz0r
Nebcheperure - lvl50 - rr6 Valewalker
Mayet - lvl50 - rr7 Hewo

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”