mmorpg chart

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

argent dawn , kul tiras and stormreaver are servers ;)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

I am Earthen Ring RP server
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Xest wrote:Well as mentioned earlier in the thread, WoW's quest engine, like just about any other in any MMOG is just a simple "Go here, kill this", "Go there, kill 20 of those", task dungeons just cut the crap of aimlessly walking round places you've been a billion times before to get to said target. DAoC's TD's just cut the bs and get to the (slightly) more interesting stuff, although DAoC does have a ton of normal quests too tbh if wandering round for ages like in WoW is your thing.

Have they added new quests since the first month or so of WoW's release in the starting area then btw? there certainly wasn't enough to go on at release, gave up on my druid about lvl20 or so and to get that far I had to do around 50% or so doing grind-like farming due to lack of quests or at least, lack of quests I could do at my level.
WoW got really tiresome for me in the 50+ level range. I don't like instances at all. But I would say I have to disagree in part with your comments about quests. Although at heart it does use the bog standard quest types, I certainly didn't find myself often covering old ground, and the frills added to the quests, such as character interactions, special items (used in the quest I mean, not loot) and special effects definitely kept it fresh through the first 50 levels for me.

I reckon I'd have enough patience to do level 1-50 about 4 times in WoW, if I did 2 alliance and 2 horde, but the second run through on each side would be much less exciting than the first and after those 4 chars WoW would be completely empty for me.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Sharkith wrote:I am Earthen Ring RP server
yea thats one of the 'newer' ones i think
they dont let people on argent dawn (unless you specifically request it) cuz there is sometimes a waiting list ^^

Just - be careful in the inns in a RP server..
specially if youre playing an elf...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

http://www.corp.the9.com/news/2006/news_060525.htm

Here is a statement from WoW managment, claiming they have "only" 4.2 mil users. Also some economic figures for thoose who cares.

Look like they dont make "that much" as I tought they did
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

I am on AD alliance too Nana, who's your character and what guild? :P

And Xest, I think you might have been trying to level in one area specifically and run out of quests, after level 10 there are 2-3 areas that are at the same level and you will run out of quests unless you visit 2 of those at least. It's not possible to level from 20-30 by questing in only one area really, you have to combine leveling in different areas. If you ever want to try leveling there are excellent guides now that will cut your downtime a lot. Part of what you are describing is real, if you don't know what quests are around there might be some overlapsing, i.e. someone asks you to kill 15 furbolgs then you find out there is a quest to get 15 furbolg claws and another to kill the furbolg chieftain and you go 'duh, should have done them together'. They usually put the questgivers for that kind of quests close to each other to avoid that, but that's not the case sometimes. Also, leveling at elf areas is the worse of all imo if you aim for efficiency, try the human areas or the barrens for horde, plenty of stuff to do.

If anyone wants to roll now, I would recommend alliance for endgame pve, horde for endgame pvp (due to queue timer). As for a class, hunter is pretty nice in pvp, but pretty lame in pve due to their shooting circle (long story, don't ask). I would hit a rogue for the best of both worlds. There are plenty of new servers opening even now every now and then so it's not like you can't catch up. Just search for one with good alliance:horde ratio (or just play the underdog in a high pop server, works too :P) and one that is relatively new.
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

im not guilded and the main chars i play are in my signature ;)
My main is my vending machine...err....mage :D
Tho i do like my druid and warlock :p
fear rules tbh ^^
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Argyleyn wrote:I would recommend alliance for endgame pve, horde for endgame pvp (due to queue timer).
But they are about to introduce clustered BG's arent they, so there will be no quene on either side.
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Luz wrote:But they are about to introduce clustered BG's arent they, so there will be no quene on either side.
There are still likely to be queues, since overall there are more alliance than Horde. Because there are lots more people the queues should be faster moving, but still there none-the-less.

Nedo
Emerald Rider

Post by Nedo »

Thandruil wrote:And that's when u get to the point all "kids" start to play the game and ruin it for the more mature people who enjoy their current game.

<Looks at games like Diablo and Guildwars>
How can someone ruin Guildwars or Diablo for you...theyre both "instanced". Play with friends like you most likelly do/have done in Daoc and you wont have any probs with GW or Diablo. Hard to ruin PvP in GW to as its instanced... I dont get youre arguement tbh.

As for the money talk. Blizzard is amazing at what they do I have to give them that. I found WoW utter crap, but they manage to have such big % of the market. Add all the people that still play D2 and WC3 and the increasing amount that play Dota custom map and they have no opposition on game market.

Dont really see any upcoming game that will draw people from it either. I dont know if its in any way proven but on netcafes in Stockholm most people I see playing WoW are younger people, which make me belive WoW has a younger playerbase then for example Daoc (as I said have no proof what so ever on that just based on the little playerbase I seen, and teh fact that WoW attracted my nephew while he judged Daoc boooooring) , dont see them moving to Warhammer for example?

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”