Vaults... can Requiel give a reason?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Norcott wrote:And for peoples information.
Also against Code of Conduct and punished if caught using one..

Exactly. Sometimes though, it seems that Mythic don't implement certain things because they may be abused by dishonest players. Surely, that's the wrong way to go about things, because it means that the honest players don't get the improvements they desperately need... especially with the way the crafting system works.

But I appreciate there has to be a balance, so on this one I have to admit that yes, it's inconvenient the way things are, but I can live with it until some better solution is found. Maybe the promised upgrade to the crafting system will hold a solution?

Hemuli
Emerald Rider

Post by Hemuli »

Is it just me, or does Gandalf have the worst ideas + questions ever :/
- murr -

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :|

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Hemuli wrote:Is it just me, or does Gandalf have the worst ideas + questions ever :/

That's not me, so I'll ignore your post.

Celedth
Emerald Rider

Post by Celedth »

Gandelf wrote:Exactly. Sometimes though, it seems that Mythic don't implement certain things because they may be abused by dishonest players. Surely, that's the wrong way to go about things, because it means that the honest players don't get the improvements they desperately need...
Actually that's the right way of doing it, unfortanly. Design of MMORPGs has to be done with the abusers in mind since it's them that could ruin the design in the first place. If something can be abused it will be abused, it's only a matter of time before it happens. It doesn't really matter how good a change would be if it could lead to rampant macroing or cheating because in the end that would hurt those who are honest. This problem doesn't just exists in every single MMORPG but also in RL. There are a lot of things that would nice if it could be in a certain way, but can't because some would abuse or missuse it.

As for storage space: If Mythic gave us two more pages we'd be back and asking for more in a year or so. Just the way it works. :p Also keep in mind that one more page isn't much for you but alot of extra data for Mytic/GOA to handle (one page x number of accounts = alot).

But for crafters it would be nice if they stole... I mean borrowed the idea of "materials bags" from other games (ie: huge bags where you can only store crafting materials) or at least made the sell back 100% of buy value so you wouldn't loose money selling the extra materials (which I don't think will happen since it would increase the profit from salvaging).

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

I thought sc and alchemy materials already sold back at 95% of cost price, which are the crafts where materials storage is a problem. Since only the main gems cost a significant amount you can sell back other leftover materials after spellcrafting and only lose a few silver and just keep any of the ten possible main gems.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Hemuli wrote:Is it just me, or does Gandalf have the worst ideas + questions ever :/
least he has em
better than just whining bout stuff without options for change like the rest of us do :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

seems you didn't get my point, but hey
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

Jupiler wrote:seems you didn't get my point, but hey
it wasnt your point i was quoting.. it was Gandelfs actually, and it was a general information post.. as stated ..
Look at the bottom of my sig and ull see why i posted.
I have nothing more to add at this stage.
post exit time.
regards
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Banana wrote:least he has em
better than just whining bout stuff without options for change like the rest of us do :)

Well said 'Nana :D

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

I'm probably being dense, but what drives the current limit on vault space? I can see why bags and suchlike could have a performance overhead, but vaultspace is only active while players are at the VK, so why not make more space available? Who cares if most people need the space or not, if it's virtually free, why not enlarge it?
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”