Vaults... can Requiel give a reason?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Vaults... can Requiel give a reason?

Post by Gandelf »

Just wondering why Mythic has made it so awkward for players to place items in house vaults. Before, if you had too many items, you could drop the spare items in a vault, then get one of your alts to pick them up and put them in his/her vaultkeeper vault for future use.

I recently did the new epic quest and got some nice armour. I try to put it into my house vault, but it won't let me, which means I've got to clutter up the vaultkeeper, which I use for other things.

Just don't understand why you can't put what you want in a house vault. If Mythic are restricting house vaults so much, then they ought to at least give more space in the normal vaultkeeper instead of the crap 2 pages.

It can't surely be that Mythic don't want you to clutter up your alts with too many items, because if you play all your alts then you would fill up the vaults anyway. If you don't play them, then why not use them? You've paid for it!

/annoyed

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

It is probably that the item was marked as "no-trade". If you aren't allowed trade the item, then you cannot put it in a house vault. Otherwise, you could use this as a method to trade items.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

Like Lair said, the new epic is non-tradable. Meaning u can't put it in ur house vault, has always been like that tbh. Same with some quest items and artifacts.
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Craft
Emerald Rider

Post by Craft »

if you want more space just use your CM you get 5? pages of space :)
Xest wrote:What's wrong with worms, have you ever tried to kill one? every time you try and cut it in half it becomes twice as hard to kill and over and over until you have an army of partial worms.

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

If you can't place it in the vault I'm pretty sure you can't place it on CM's. Quite a few items are non-tradable (Paid neckie, new epic, charred pentagryph off the top of my head). They all behave in this way.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Craft
Emerald Rider

Post by Craft »

ah right, sorry i was thinking only in cases that you didnt have enough space in your house vault and needed more space without having to pay more gold fo a bigger house, its right that you shouldnt be able to trade non tradeable stuff - epics and the like i know for a fact arent really usefull to alot of hardcore players except for maybe legs/boots/sleeves as artifacts are often used as a better suplement, either them or SC'd stuff.
Xest wrote:What's wrong with worms, have you ever tried to kill one? every time you try and cut it in half it becomes twice as hard to kill and over and over until you have an army of partial worms.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

[quote="Craftepics and the like i know for a fact arent really usefull to alot of hardcore players except for maybe legs/boots/sleeves as artifacts are often used as a better suplement, either them or SC'd stuff.[/QUOTE"]

Thats not bad for something thats pretty easy to get, especially since it used to be on the edge of being totally worthless before.

/Ankh

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

So really, we need more pages on the standard Vaultkeeper.
With a full set of epic in your vault and activated artefacts that you may not be using, as well as other items that can't be placed on your CM or in your house vault, established players can easily run out of slots. It's just a ridiculous situation.

As a Spellcrafter, I have my Vaultkeeper and Incantation Merchant next to each other on the ground floor. Some of the gems (e.g. Ra, Kath, Zo etc.) are expensive to buy and to resell if not needed, so after I've done a spellcrafting job I put these gems in the Vaultkeeper for future use. Then next time, I can interact with the Vaultkeeper (to retrieve stored gems) and the Icantation Merchant (to buy new materials) without having to move from the same spot. But, having all these non-vaultable items means that I'm having to store gems in the house vault, which is a pain the bum.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could resell unused materials at the same price you bought them for. What would be even better is if you could have your Incantation Merchant next to the Alchemy Table and instead of directly purchasing materials, the materials would automatically be selected and used as you crafted, thus freeing up space in your backpack. The cost of the materials would just simply be deducted from your purse as you crafted. Then there would be no problems with left-over materials in your backpack... you'd use and pay for exactly the right amount of materials automatically, as you crafted.

Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

Gandelf wrote:So really, we need more pages on the standard Vaultkeeper.
With a full set of epic in your vault and activated artefacts that you may not be using, as well as other items that can't be placed on your CM or in your house vault, established players can easily run out of slots. It's just a ridiculous situation.
i wonder what's more ridiculous, the amount of vault keeper storage or the fact you obviously activate a lot of artifacts to store them in your vault, which makes you believe you can make a useless thread.

vault storage is just FINE imho, if you disagree go to your vault, click your epic items/artifacts and press shift+D(or whatever you've assigned delete to). You didn't use them anyway, and you won't have to run 10secs anymore to place your SC gems in your house vault.

Maybe in the future you could suggest a macro program GOA could give for free so your gems are automatically crafted while you sit back in your couch and watch TV.
Please.
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

Jupiler wrote:Maybe in the future you could suggest a macro program GOA could give for free so your gems are automatically crafted while you sit back in your couch and watch TV.
Please.
Aye, there is something in the way they set the crafting thing up which kinda relies on you being there to buy materials. Having an automatic purchase would be heaven for Macro-Crafters

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”