small request

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Sharkith wrote:yeah Ankh the one thing you don't get is that the people on the other side can be good friends too. I send pm's to loads of Albs and Mids chatting about fights and so on. It is not something I did before but it helps you see that there is not simply one side to this. All of this said Satyn would still get my vote. Not every hibbie would though....
Sorry mate, but I DO get it. I've said it before in this text that if I knew the enemy was a friend of mine - I would attack asap to humiliate them :)

/Ankh

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

<ankh> wrote:Sorry mate, but I DO get it. I've said it before in this text that if I knew the enemy was a friend of mine - I would attack asap to humiliate them :)

/Ankh
ahhh ;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Cromcruaich wrote:Aye, Satyn > All enemy soloers. Though I might have to pm them after to explain why I rained on there parade.

All is not equal anyway, its hardly fair for a high rr soloer to add on some poor rr1 noob. Its a minefield I tell ya.
I played 15min and got ganked 7 times ... i'm rr 2l?, i hate playing a tank in rvr cos i'm so used to my druid. The times i'm searching for my rezz button while i'm playing my vamp are countless. But that doesnt stop me from trying to learn and to get good at it. But if you're standing there, still rs, being jumped by a stealter and you see hibs just standing there next to you doing nothing it makes me upset and it makes me think why i even bother to try.
Its realm versus realm, and if you have to start thinking if the enemy would want you to add or not then you dont have to be einstein to know the answer to that question. doh:
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

oh forgot to thank the ppl that will add on my fights :D love you long time and loads of hugs in return :o
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

A cynic could point out that this solo ethic is strongest in those that have a bit of RR under their belt. I wouldnt ofcourse. ;)
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Dorx
Emerald Rider

Post by Dorx »

Satyn wrote:If you see me PLEASE add.
You can count on me hun :)
Dorx Lightyear - 50 Light Eld - Grove Protector - ML7 Convoker - Senior Tailor.
Kenza - 50 Bard - Cosantoir - ML2 Sojouner.
Dorxs - 50 Verdant Animist.
Incubu - Bad ass BG1 Luwi Shade.
denmark:
Fallen Spirits
House 3351 in Meath

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

[quote="Cromcruaich"]A cynic could point out that this solo ethic is strongest in those that have a bit of RR under their belt. I wouldnt ofcourse. ]

ahhh Crom forever the optimist. :)
Na Fianna Dragun

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Satyn wrote:oh forgot to thank the ppl that will add on my fights :D love you long time and loads of hugs in return :o
PM to random Alb solo stealther:

Sorry for the add earlier tonight but you was beating on Satyn and she promised to love me long time. Satyn won.
Na Fianna Dragun

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

<ankh> wrote:about getting realmpoints and getting better
It might be about the latter, but for me the gaining of the former is often not the reason I play, certainly not when i'm playing in an 8v8 group. In fact, there are situations where playing solo, and honouring solo fights and not adding actually means you take bigger steps in getting better at the cost of getting realm points.

I respect your opinion, i'm certainly not trying to dictate a playstyle, merely saying that I understand peoples motivations for not aiding realm mates in all situations. I'm guessing that this is something you can also appreciate.

To take a different example, if a well know hib griefer, who had also griefed you or a realm mate was adding on you're friend, would you still support them? I know its a manufactured situation, but I think morally you could come up with a 1v1 scenario yourself in which you would not aid a person within the same realm.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

kivik
Emerald Rider

Post by kivik »

Satyn wrote:I played 15min and got ganked 7 times ... i'm rr 2l?, i hate playing a tank in rvr cos i'm so used to my druid. The times i'm searching for my rezz button while i'm playing my vamp are countless. But that doesnt stop me from trying to learn and to get good at it. But if you're standing there, still rs, being jumped by a stealter and you see hibs just standing there next to you doing nothing it makes me upset and it makes me think why i even bother to try.
For you:
kivik wrote:Good solution for those who run out solo and want people to add on you. Don't run solo, run in groups it will help you and it will help those who wants clean 1vs1 fights.
Satyn wrote: Its realm versus realm, and if you have to start thinking if the enemy would want you to add or not then you dont have to be einstein to know the answer to that question. doh
For me it isn't about what they think, it's about me. I don't think there is anything more boring than zerging and adding in overhelming(sp?) numbers. While the thrill you get from those close and entertaining fights are what makes this game still fun.

What's the answer btw?

<ankh> wrote:...its about having fun
<ankh> wrote:game is after all about getting realmpoints and getting better
Hm? That's two VERY different things.
<The Wild Hunt>

Kiwik Druid

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”