Animists

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Been good thanks, Gen. Just got back from a week in Spain, so had some sunshine. Dunno about returning. Voice comms is still a bugbear for me and it seems a must for DAoC RvR now.

Then again, who knows? Nothing else out there is very interesting at the mo.

[EDIT]Sod it, can't find anything else to do, so I'll reactivate and see how it goes. Maybe I can start a stealth char or something to get around the voice thing.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

how you can be so negative on the voicecom still confuse me
theres not a single negative thing about it seeing the majority of people use it.

Before I tried it, and even when I tried it first few times, it was uncomfortable (sp??).. but now after like 10 times its ok.

I can allmost make out what your weird Uk people say most of the time also! drunk:
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

I'm negative cos I don't like it. I understand that a lot of people do, but then alot of people like reality TV shows

I think it it kills the atmosphere of the game. Noone is luri, noone is firbie.

Also, it has made combat too quick so that everything happens suddenly and moves too fast. I used to enjoy the old frantic INC spamming and bit of confusion at the start of combat. It also made room for people who kept their heads and remembered to type info to be better than people who didn't.

Irony, Runepriest <NFD>

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Another downside.... you sometimes have to listen to Luz :(
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Belisar wrote:Another downside.... you sometimes have to listen to Luz :(
or Drach telling you your a noob :(
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Jarahl
Emerald Rider

Post by Jarahl »

On topic, Animists are really enoying to face. Especially if they popped RR5, really hard to spot sometimes and those bombers, ouch. I'd deffonately play an Animist if I had one kitted etc :)
Regards

Jacob

Retired Hibbie

Ebenezer/sol
Emerald Rider

Post by Ebenezer/sol »

yeh horlely have been actively playing his in ggs and other groups a several years. Sure he is around crau bridge a lot now, bu he enjoys a good roaming group alot:) I killed a fg together with him recently, and when he is alert anything can happend tbh:P He plays it very cleverly at times and must be very anoying to face. He ran first 3 years or so without bb or template:P But since he templated his ani he is even worse...

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Jarahl wrote:On topic, Animists are really enoying to face. Especially if they popped RR5, really hard to spot sometimes and those bombers, ouch. I'd deffonately play an Animist if I had one kitted etc :)
Yes, you'd play it for a few days until you realised that being annoying doesn't mean being effective ;)

In roaming, there's no worse spell-casting class than an animist. RR and gear being equal, you are better off with any of the others. We got almost no CC and our pets are almost completely irrelevant to a roaming fight. That leaves us wisps and lifetap. Both are good but flawed. Travel time and wasted power of wisps reduce their impact on a fight compared to straight nukes, and our lifetap is a level 46 baseline spell.

Maybe I'd have been better posting here "don't get me started" :D

Irony, Runepriest <NFD>

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

actually Cryn I disagree the damage and aoe effect on those wisps is pretty effective and very hard to heal against. Also tanglers do cause interrupt mayhem. All in all I have had some good runs out with various animists in a roaming guild group and I would certainly not frown at one that is played right.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Cryn wrote:I'm negative cos I don't like it. I understand that a lot of people do, but then alot of people like reality TV shows

I think it it kills the atmosphere of the game. Noone is luri, noone is firbie.

Also, it has made combat too quick so that everything happens suddenly and moves too fast. I used to enjoy the old frantic INC spamming and bit of confusion at the start of combat. It also made room for people who kept their heads and remembered to type info to be better than people who didn't.
Can see how it kills one atmosphere - the roleplaying aspect of DAOC. However it creates a whole seperate one, it often gives a group a cameraderie that you could never have on voice. I personally much prefer to get to hear/talk and make friends with the real person behind the character than the character itself, this ofcourse isn't for everyone.

It does allow for much tighter play, it to some extent takes away the clunkiness of the interface and allows you to concetrate more on actually playing the game.

I can however sympathise with your point of few.

I'd certainly recommend giving it a go while grouped with people youve played with before.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”