About fooking time (tbh)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

About 3 years too late, wow....

Oh well, i always hoped they would fix those.
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Cromcruaich wrote:No critshot is not equivalent to a bolt - the equivalent would be if the bolt had a gaurenteed critical hit as well.

Wrong to some degree, because Critshot as it is atm is more or less useless I wouldent miss it atall if they removed it right now, it needs fixing (Laughed abit on that guaranteed Crit hoho)

Add to the Bolting that the target needs to stand still then for it to work, but still have the longer timer to Cast if it fails or not(if to make a comparison that is)

Think you need more knowlage before answering on things like this tbh, even though I suppose it's hard to Compare it really being completely different Classes ;D
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

[quote="Elrandhir"]Wrong to some degree, because Critshot as it is atm is more or less useless I wouldent miss it atall if they removed it right now, it needs fixing (Laughed abit on that guaranteed Crit hoho)

Add to the Bolting that the target needs to stand still then for it to work, but still have the longer timer to Cast if it fails or not(if to make a comparison that is)

Think you need more knowlage before answering on things like this tbh, even though I suppose it's hard to Compare it really being completely different Classes ]

Steady there Elran, no need for insults. I too have a ranger and a void eld, the ranger currently reliant on bow.

You seem to be doing your best to misunderstand me. Probably if you took a moment to think, you could draw you're own conclusions as to why critshot isnt equivalent to bolt. Give it a try. Draw up a comparative list, you will probably find the exercise useful.

Forgot to add, please post up your list after you're done, would like to review it and see if I agree with you're conclusions.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Cromcruaich wrote:Steady there Elran, no need for insults. I too have a ranger and a void eld, the ranger currently reliant on bow.

You seem to be doing your best to misunderstand me. Probably if you took a moment to think, you could draw you're own conclusions as to why critshot isnt equivalent to bolt. Give it a try. Draw up a comparative list, you will probably find the exercise useful.

Tell me where I insulted you, I said what I thought, no bad words no nothing, and why not explain why if you really think they are equivalent to eachother.

I have said what I think, and I said why, so an explanation why you think as you do aint to much asking maby?
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

I'm must say i'm dissappointed that you havent taken the time to think about the differences. You don't have to post the differences if you're shy, a pm will be good enough.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Cromcruaich wrote:I'm must say i'm dissappointed that you havent taken the time to think about the differences. You don't have to post the differences if you're shy, a pm will be good enough.

Again I have to laugh somewhat I just asked for a reply with why you think as you do and I got this.

Im not going to make a post on what I think you think, I hoped you could post for yourself, sorry if this does sound rude, but it is how I feel when seeing you'r reply, when I make a post and tell how I see things I do atleast expect a counter post with some views in it tbh, but you gave me nothing, can't say the argument is worth continueing like this tbh, starting to become useless spam now.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Elrandhir wrote:Again I have to laugh somewhat I just asked for a reply with why you think as you do and I got this.

Im not going to make a post on what I think you think, I hoped you could post for yourself, sorry if this does sound rude, but it is how I feel when seeing you'r reply, when I make a post and tell how I see things I do atleast expect a counter post with some views in it tbh, but you gave me nothing, can't say the argument is worth continueing like this tbh, starting to become useless spam now.
To make an argument you need to base it on a premise, a statement if you like of the point you are arguing. Its worth you taking a moment to get that clear in your mind at post it if you have a change of heart on continuing the discussion.

From there you provide reasons with which to enforce your initial premise.

Now I took a different but equally valid line, it choose to ask you to think about the differences, enabling you to hopefully inform you're own argument (though you perhaps do need to restate it). I'm actually surprised that you didnt in turn ask me to think about the similarities - we might of actually got somewhere then.

You're main issue with crit shot appears to be that is effectively useless because people are never a viable target for it. This in itself has no bearing on Eldritch bolts.

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

I'm confused. Crom says critshot is not equivalent to a bolt. Elrand says he's wrong & goes on to point out how critshots aren't equivalent to bolts. Have I missed something here?

They share some of the same failings (effected by AF/shields/combat stance) & have 1 thing in common - they have a range advantage over 'most' other spells etc.

But either way, they're not the same.

Bolts are timered.
Bolt's aren't effected by 'bubbles' (critshot is dependant on spec & what 'bubble' you're facing). {edit} misleading - all archery attacks are.
Bolts can't be fired from stealth.
Dependant on spec you can get 2 (3 if you're alb) bolts in the air pretty much simultaneously (no 250 softcap).

I'm sure there's more. The thing about critshot having a guaranteed critical hit is misleading though, it's better to think of it as a different 'style' from a standard shot (without style to hit bonuses ofc as there's none of that malarky for archers). It's a higher damage shot than standard that's not guaranteed to land based on a number of different factors, but can prove to be painful when it does.

As for the insult - I think Crom may have taken exception to you saying he lacked knowledge. With the number of classes he's played & hours he's racked up he does (in my experience) possess a breadth of knowledge that he's happy to share with all & sundry.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Aye, it's amazing how many different ways there are to insult people.

Ranges from 'you're a w*nker', to 'oh, i like that shirt, havent asda done well with their new clothes range'

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Heh, I guess I have to say that I read wrong so the posting wasent to meaningful ;D

Still everything I wrote except that We seemed more or less say the same things still stand, because everything was valid.

But I did missread isnt to is somehow ;D
Cromcruaich wrote:the equivalent would be if the bolt had a gaurenteed critical hit as well.
I read fast and it was this line I answered to really, and that was what I meant was wrong, because with how it works atm you can't compare it like that.
Cromcruaich wrote:Steady there Elran, no need for insults.
Still there was never any insult though, just me reading to fast and then it seemed to be all wrong and that was why I said that you need to learn more about what you'r saying before doing so ;D

But overall I was wrong as I missread abit, so sorry about that.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”