Camoflage Question

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Jupi
Emerald Rider

Camoflage Question

Post by Jupi »

What affect does camoflage have on ur stealth? I dont know the game mechanics behind it thats why i'm asking. Had camoflage up last nite plus mastery of stealth 4 and this guy runs straight at me and pops me, didnt think it was possible tbh or am i missing something?
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Ruuuuuun Jupi playing ze ranja!!!

Back on topic, he prolly had stealth lore up.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Mambopoa

Post by Mambopoa »

Camo only stops MoS.

SL can see straight through it.

However, I have had a couple of alb mincers do the same thing to me. So, it does make you think hmmmmm.
So I know how you feel about it.
Mambopoa,Awod,Xebecs,Dowa,Bearian.
Some how ended up as a Wild Hunter

Now on the other side of the pond. USA :D

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Radar apparently doesn't spot stealth.

SL see's right through it (though I think if you've got it up too it counters it??).
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Camo just negates MoS we will still be spotted by thoose using stealth lore near you.
main artifacts that give it i think are ring of dances, cyclope shield and staff of gods so mincers might easily have it.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

Aye, and the infiltrator deathblow-buff also sees through camoflage, basically they get a mini-stealthlore when they kill someone, which can also be very annoying when u think ur safe ;P
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I've had situations where I've been beelined from silly distances on my stealthers too, not sure why/how it happens - as mentioned already radar wont pick up stealthers and fetches anyone who uses it an insta-ban on US now also anyway. Last weekend I was heading towards nGed from Behnn and a fg Hibs with an RR7 NS leading them just beelined me from clipping drew his weaps at around 1.5k units and charged me on my infil, have MoS3 (not that MoS makes a diff. assassin vs. assassin) so I really have no explanation for it, it's happened a few times and I fail to beleive it's just luck - the beelining and stopping as they reach you is just too perfect - it's too big a range for SL too. If it's like 800 units or so then chances are it's SL (unless you have low stealth then it'll be more) if it's more than that then I'd say it's pretty suspicious. Has anyone heard of any exploits/cheats or even bugs to see stealthers from afar that would explain these kind of situations?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Noticed that sometimes lately when an enemy assassin lags u can see the "ghost" near where it is and with a bit of luck u find it right there when lags goes away.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gahn wrote:Noticed that sometimes lately when an enemy assassin lags u can see the "ghost" near where it is and with a bit of luck u find it right there when lags goes away.
Yeah seen that too but I don't think it explains them beelining to your current location.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Zil
Emerald Rider

Post by Zil »

Aran_Thule wrote:Camo just negates MoS we will still be spotted by thoose using stealth lore near you.
main artifacts that give it i think are ring of dances, cyclope shield and staff of gods so mincers might easily have it.

thought that camo negates the "Detect Hidden" Infs/Sb's/Ns's get? or is it just me?
Currently Playing Giaz - Skald on Camlann
Maddi 50 Enchantress
Middi 50 Nightshade
Liva 50 Druid
Theia 50 Hero
+ 20 other lvl 50's across Europe
"The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it."

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”