A mid's view of Hib

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

There really are some dumb-ass morons in that thread ain't there?

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Banana wrote:how come? :(
well my dear cause you were to lazy to read the post on freddy i thought it'd do you a favour and answer your question but the post contains 250!!!! answers!! you owe me big time darling! ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Imo we only just seen the mids return and he proberbly went out with a couple of their zergs and didnt know how to react when the mushrooms was summoned. My best bet is that the idiot tried to melee them :P
As many of you, ive always a hib and done my part of the rvr..I fail to see this guys point since as far as I know there have always been bigger Alb AND mid zergs around. Only time we have fought back really hard in old frontier is when we got the advantage of being on the right side of the milegates.
The constant whine about animists being overpowered is ofc well deserved but they always seem to forget that while animists gotta throw their mushroom summon spell over and over again to get and decent defence (oh, and move their GT around) their bloody bonedancers got their pets up and read for skirmish all the time. And if the rumour about Warlords is true i DEFINITLY dont understand this guys way of thinking... oh, and ofc do not forget their 'weak' healers and spiritmasters... poor mids ;)

Well, he's got the right to say what he things of the situation no doubt about it - but when he says he has more respect to mythics lapdogs (The Albs) he ruined his post fully :P hell, he actually have more respect for the realm that always had the best classes and most players and always been doing zergs? lol, give me a break!!!

...and one more thing, I bet this was Thandruil posting since I bet he is a crossrealmer!

/Ankh

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Ankh Morpork wrote: ...and one more thing, I bet this was Thandruil posting since I bet he is a crossrealmer!

/Ankh
What do I get to find out for you?? ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

[quote="Satyn"]What do I get to find out for you?? ]

A free dagger without any blade or handle!

/Ankh

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Ankh Morpork wrote:A free dagger without any blade or handle!

/Ankh

i'm not that cheap!
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

geez , and I thought mids at exca was bad ;P
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

more respect for the realm that always had the best classes and most players and always been doing zergs? lol, give me a break!!!
Whilst Alb has some good classes it most certainly does not have the best classes - that award goes firmly to Midgard and always has. Alb has at least as many weak classes are Hibernia does if not more, biggest problem of all though is a lof important Alb classes are gimped compared to other classes and their counterparts in other realms - crappy friars = lack of heat/cold/matter resists, wizards just not being as good as other casters = lack of AE in Albion as Wizards are the only class in Albion with any kind of decent AE, the only other being heretics which, well, hands down suck. Yes of course sorcs and such rock but they still don't come close to giving Alb the kind of advantage that Hibernia receives from Animists, Bainshees and AE on every single caster. As I say though, Mid still has the best of the lot really, nearly all of Mids classes are just outright better than their counterparts in other realms.

You're right about Alb having the highest pop of course though, Catacombs has closed that gap a lot on US however and whilst Albion still maintains the highest population it most certainly doesn't maintain the highest active RvR population on hardly any server nowadays. As for zerging, every realm does it, although of course, the original Alb zergs from years ago were the ones that really showed the world what a zerg was ;)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

[quote="Xest"]Alb zergs from years ago were the ones that really showed the world what a zerg was ]

....never got what the problem with zerg's was yet and so struggle to see the issue. Perhaps the members of a zerg would be better described as 'zerglings' maybe flegling group players. So the little 'zerglings' 'flock' together because it is easier to survive when there are more targets around one....

<Shrugs> dunno can anyone explain this bit of the 'culture' its pluses and minuses...

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I think the problem with zergs is dependant on server and realm really, on Merlin I really don't care about zergs, fact is RvR is so dynamic since NF (i.e. not all just stuck in emain) that even if there's a zerg roaming there's still a thousand other places you can go to find RvR without having to bump into the zerg. On a smaller server like Prydwen the lower population probably makes it very hard to sustain RvR in multiple areas.

Zerging used to be real bad at the milegates as it meant that a zerg could lock down an entire realms frontiers with ease, it was pretty annoying in that scenario.

Zerging is also annoying when there's only, for example, 2fg Hibs out and 200 Albs zerging round, it just makes it so zzz for the Hibs knowing they stand 0 chance of defeating the enemy zerg and are just gonna get farmed over and over.

Overall though people have no less right to zerg than 8vs8 or 1vs1, just that generally zerging is thought of as the least skilled form of RvR because it usually throws skill right out the window and comes down to a purely numbers game, therefore anyone wanting a challenge or the chance to show off their skills is going to be pretty put out if the only option for RvR is zerging at any one time and to make it worse it's nearly always a simple case of, the biggest zerg wins.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”